• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Picks of the season

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
!!! How can it be almost Spring already I still haven't caught up to 1/2 of my Winter anime shows!!!!!

Yes: Digimon Adventure tri (I didn't see original so I hope this makes some sense... lol), Fate/Stay Night UBW2, Nisekoi 2
Will def check out: Hibike! Euphonium, Houkago no Pleiades
Maybe? Probably just one episode: Ameiro Cocoa, Arslan Senki, Gunslinger Stratos, Owari no Seraph, Yamada-kun to Nananin no Majo

Would watch Gintama if I finished the first Dx I'm sorry Blade and dero.

This is just a preliminary scan of the list linked in the OP. I will probably pick up more based on what you guys and my other anime watching friends are watching, but this is just what looked interesting as a first glance. Also what is with some anime and super vague descriptions? x_X

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season, Kekkai Sensen and maybe Arlan Senki. I'll probably pick more up if I find them agreeable with my tastes...

Also what is with some anime and super vague descriptions? x_X
Yeah, Houkago no Pleiades doesn't even have a synopsis... Lupin III doesn't have a proper one too.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
Guys, let's try to keep this thread on topic! If you want to discuss how much space you have for your anime collection/how it's stored, feel free to make another thread! This just isn't the place c:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Finally AniChart is working. Also, holy macaroni wth is with that key art in Denpa Kyoushi's summary? Kagami Junichirou too cute looking now, I disapprove! A-1 pictures, get your grip on! He's supposed to be a badass otaku teacher! D<

Anyway, considering on picking up Arslan Senki and Houkago no Pleiades. I hope my Spring season won't end up long though. ._."

Years
Digimon Adventure Tri - Mainly due to nostalgia.
High School DxD BorN -
I really liked the first 2 seasons. It isn't deep or something along those lines. Just pure fun.
Houkago no Pleiades (TV) - I liked Gainax
Shokugeki no Souma - I'm just following the hype
Ninja Slayer From Animation - Trigger don't disappoint please.

Not really looking forward to Gintama, OreGairu, Knights of Sidonia and Fate/Stay Night 2nd seasons since I still haven't watched their first seasons.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
And so a new age of Chinese cartoons is upon us this spring season.
Gonna watch:
Fate/stay Night: Unlimited Budget Works - season 2 hype!
Grisaia no Rakuen - A little wary of this seeing how the first VN was adapted, will have to see what other people have to say before deciding on dropping it or not.
Hibike! Euphonium: It's Kyototo Animation AKA the people that brought you K-On! if it's music then they can't disappoint.
Highschool DxD BorN - Still the best anime for PLOT and a decent story that continues to intrigue.
Ore Monogatari - Not a typical shoujo anime so it's worth a look. Oh yeah as the others have said it's MADHOUSE.

Years
Yeah, this is why I thought Spring was better than Winter. It has a lot of adaptations of stuff I watch.

Arslan Senki - Gotta check out the D.Grey Man's author's work.
Digimon Adventure tri. - Duh
Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka? - I read the LN and Manga, standard fantasy.
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season - Of course
High School DxD BorN - I actually watch for the story, mythic gods fighting lel
Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoumuksu - It's Haruhi
Shokugeki no Souma - Food and hype
Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki - 2nd Season
Yamadakun to Nananin no Majo - Reading the manga, also kissing and body swaps.
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku - 2nd Season lel

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Mondays: Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyou - VOCALOID PROJECT ANIME. THIS BETTER BE COOL LIKE MCA OR I'M DROPPING IT. ): *The non cryptic translation: I like Vocaloid Project anime, so why not?
Tuesdays: Hibike! Euphonium: Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso - KyoAni + Music and it's not K-On, why not?
Wednesdays : Houkago no Pleiades TV - If you think I'm going to pass up a mahou shoujo, go in the corner of shame because...I won't pass up on this...
Thursdays: Etotama - If anything, this will be my break show.
Fridays: Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon - JC Staff is the best studio ever and I refuse to leave this one behind.
Saturdays: Plastic Memories - The description sounds beautiful. I refuse to pass this one up.
Sundays: Yamada-kun to 7-nin to Majo - I need to watch one harem a season or I'll be sad.

I dropped Rinne because...well, I decided it wasn't worth my air.
I'm not watching Digimon Adventure Tri. I forget anything that isn't a one cour.

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
This is my pick for the season:
Denpa Kyoushi - because manga
Dungeon - because I need more VN adaptations in my life
Etotama - because Zodiac. And cats.
Nagato Yuki - because Haruhi. And endless 8
Narudoma - because that sexy poster
Plastic Memories - because androids and feels
Punchline - because no Zero Escape 3
Yamada-kun and the 7 witches - because kissing.
And from this season : Ansatsu Kyoushitsu - because tentacles.

Unfortunately, I'm not watching Arslan, Baby Steps, Digimon Tri, FSN, Gintama, DxD, Rinne, Nisekoi, Ore Monogatari, Shokugeki or Oregairu like the most of you. For reasons.

Years
Nothing that looks absolutely spectacular or are must-watch series for me, but I'll probably be interested in:

• Digimon Adventure tri. Childhood anime being revamped and redone? I'm there! Honestly can't wait for this one, I miss when the Digimon series were good and even if this doesn't meet my expectations, there's still the nostalgia that comes with it.
  • Kekkai Sensen Sounds interesting, based on the synopsis.
  • Owari no Seraph Description sounds like...shoot, I forget the name. But it was a series that I enjoyed even though others had a different opinion.

Back