• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: Previous Generations FAQ: Help Wanted

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
As you may or may not know, [user]Nah[/user] has been working on a FAQ for Generations 1-6(and ultimately Generation 7 when Generation 8 gets showcased/released). Anyways, in order for her to get this FAQ posted for everyone(past, present and future) in the community to benefit from it requires your help. Yes this is a community project that Nah can't do herself. If you happen to know quirks, good Pokemon to catch or some tips you want to pass along to newbies or even wily veterans to try in a certain game, please PM them to Nah for her to add to the FAQ. Below is an example of what she'd appreciate and is a sampling of what I submitted for Generation 1:

Which Pokemon do I start with?
Spoiler:

What Pokemon should I catch?
Spoiler:

I used Razor Leaf on Nidoqueen but it returned a message of Not Very Effective. What gives?
Spoiler:

I thought Ghosts were Super Effective on Psychic Pokemon. What gives?
Spoiler:

What Gym Leaders will I have to face and how do I defeat them?
Spoiler:

Are there any differences between Red/Blue and Yellow?
Spoiler:

Any Generation 1 Perks, Bugs and Exploits?
Spoiler:

That's not everything in Generation 1 either. I believe Nah added a section regarding Stat Stages(aka raising/lowering Attack, Defense, Speed and Special) and Generation 1 has its own unique circumstance regarding it. Anyways, with regards to the FAQ, she can really use help on Generations 3-6, although that doesn't mean you can't contribute something to Generations 1 and 2.

I highly encourage you to contribute as you will be given credit when the final product is published.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
To let people know what I'm in need of help the most, it's primarily this:

• Information on the Gen 4 and 6 starters
  • Recommendations for party Pokemon for Gens 3, 4, and 6.
  • Tips on beating: Sidney/Phoebe/Champion (Gen 3) / Gen 4 Gym Leaders and Elite 4 except for Roark, Candice, and Flint / All of Gen 6's Gym Leaders and Elite 4

Hikamaru is currently in the process of writing some Gen 5 stuff for me, so I didn't mention any of that in the above list. When she's finished with that, I will inform you all what else I could use help on for Gen 5 if need be.

The above is not necessarily literally everything that is still incomplete, but getting these done would be a huge help to me. People are not necessarily limited to writing about these particular things either. There's other things that could be useful to have, some general (Shawn is compiling a list of TM/HM locations for all gens for me), some more specific to a generation (such as how I have a part in Gen 3 about catching the Regis).

Last edited:
Years
I'll take Gen VI stuff. I was analyzing the games lately for my next playthrough so I might as well share it with others.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'll take Gen VI stuff. I was analyzing the games lately for my next playthrough so I might as well share it with others.
That would be fantastic. When it's ready and you've got the time, PM me stuff.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
yeah ok so I think I'm going to need help with the Gen 5 stuff for what I listed in my first post in this thread

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
yeah ok so I think I'm going to need help with the Gen 5 stuff for what I listed in my first post in this thread

Yeah I saw Hikamaru's departure too :( 50k posts.... sad day really. Not 100% sure what caused it but apparently she has personal issues to work out. In any case, I wish I could help you here.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Figure I'd bump this and remind people that we can still use your help. Anything you want to submit will be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty sure that Generations 3-6 are the primary areas but most notably Generation V. If anyone wants to take the time to submit something, that'd be great.

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
Figure I'd bump this and remind people that we can still use your help. Anything you want to submit will be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty sure that Generations 3-6 are the primary areas but most notably Generation V. If anyone wants to take the time to submit something, that'd be great.

Hmm.. another little odd ball Gen 1 thing you may also want to add is that Bug type is weak to Poison.

- Also let me know if there's any specific tutorials or pieces from my thread, you feel would benefit greatly being in this thread also.
.... I know my oversized Gen 1 posting of many spoilers is difficult to navigate at times and wouldn't hurt also having some of it here. :)

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
oh hey if anyone would like to write a piece on the sinnoh starters for me that'd be great

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
oh hey if anyone would like to write a piece on the sinnoh starters for me that'd be great

If you want I can write something. I don't own the games but I can maybe give something that's better than nothing lmao. Give me a day or two and I'll have something up for you to add.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
oh yeah, should probably mention that people can still help out with this if they want

just because it's up now doesn't mean that the community can't improve it no more

Back