• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 924 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
wow darkdoom nice update but on the point of evolution whats going to happen with pokemon that use happyness and other stuff like that as a requirement.... trying remember what generation the was introduced in.... any yeah nice update it was very informative and good to see your making good progress erm i know i shouldnt really ask but do you have an estemated time to which your going to release a updated demo? =)
thanks sread123
ps sorry for the spelling mistakes

It's against the rules to ask for a release date, so try not to do it again.

Years
Im really sad to see the levela stone go. It was the most innovative way of evolving I've seen. I know Sread123 already asked, but how will pokemon that evolve by happiness, trading, etc. evolve? Also, since you're getting rid of the levla stone, how difficult would it be to have the pokemon evolve during battle? This is something I've always wished the pokemon games would have.The corrupt pokemon evolve mid-battle, so would it be an entirely different process, to have the trainer's pokemon evolve mid-battle when requirements are met?

This is just something I've noticed, but I think you do more updates than any other fan games that I see., so thank you for keep the fans informed and keep up the great work.

OtherAlias

Just another alias.
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
^ yeah, deserts aren't really exciting... I just hate leaving text only updates.

progressupdat.png

I've overhawling my databases. complicated stuff, but has great benefits.

for the more technically inclined

Spoiler:

So in a nutshell-
you can only have around 150 pokemon at a time BUT thoes 150 could from a selection of potentially 350+

In realitiy- because the way it's been programmed, of the 150 hero slots, aorund
~30 will be used for systems and stuff.
~80 will be normal prechosen pokemon
so that leaves around 40 "phantom slots" that can turned into any pokemon class i've programmed

these phantoms do have their downsides, like the inability to have proper PC box functions and whatnot and probably WON'T be avaliable in the next update.

Side-effect of that restructring of the database, is that it is timeconsuming. I've spent the last few days doing that. Ive finished databasing, but the TMs are currently broken. I did re-wire the evolving system- and improved it while i was doing that

Hey man, the updates are great. I really like that your updates small and frequent :D. This update specifically is a great idea, doing this will make the game a lot smaller and run more smoothly for everyone. I really appreciate all the effort you're putting into this.

You know guys, he's doing this for us, the fans, I've read previous posts about problems with lag, and instead of ignoring this, he's working to fix it; to make it more enjoyable for everyone. Kudos to you, DarkDoom3000!

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
wow darkdoom nice update but on the point of evolution whats going to happen with pokemon that use happyness and other stuff like that as a requirement.... trying remember what generation the was introduced in.... any yeah nice update it was very informative and good to see your making good progress erm i know i shouldnt really ask but do you have an estemated time to which your going to release a updated demo? =)
thanks sread123
ps sorry for the spelling mistakes

Most of the evolutions have been stripped down, Ive been trying to keep them simple, no trade evolutions, no happyness, no leveling up in spot x, etc. Only leveling and elemental stones.

Onix -L42-> Steelix
Abra -L16-> Kadabra -L36-> Alakazam
Pichu -L16-> Pikachu -(thunderstone)-> Raichu

I really wouldn't know when the next update is comming, To be safe, im gonna say some time next year :P

Im really sad to see the levela stone go. It was the most innovative way of evolving I've seen. I know Sread123 already asked, but how will pokemon that evolve by happiness, trading, etc. evolve? Also, since you're getting rid of the levla stone, how difficult would it be to have the pokemon evolve during battle? This is something I've always wished the pokemon games would have.The corrupt pokemon evolve mid-battle, so would it be an entirely different process, to have the trainer's pokemon evolve mid-battle when requirements are met?

This is just something I've noticed, but I think you do more updates than any other fan games that I see., so thank you for keep the fans informed and keep up the great work.

You actually liked the levla stone!? I only put it in there because I was too lazy to put the normal evolution process in. Plus I kept on forgetting that my Pokemon could have evolved.

Plus the old levla stone technique caused lag because it had to check whether pokemon had that equiped all the time. while this new system only checks once, every time you finish a battle, then switches off.
--

Evolving during battle? It's possible from my end, I would just do the same process as how eevee can change forms in-battle.

problems occur like... the inability to show pictures inbattle (which is why when switching forms, the cool graphics arent shown)
and you can't level up in the middle of a battle (... that would be cool though)

Also, for enemeis it's a lot easier (ALOT EASIER) to get them to evolve. it just requires a click of a button. evolving enemy pokemon is just like in RPG games where the boss changes forms.

heres a pic. a behind the scenes if you will.
btsmonsters.png

Otheralias said:
Hey man, the updates are great. I really like that your updates small and frequent . This update specifically is a great idea, doing this will make the game a lot smaller and run more smoothly for everyone. I really appreciate all the effort you're putting into this.

You know guys, he's doing this for us, the fans, I've read previous posts about problems with lag, and instead of ignoring this, he's working to fix it; to make it more enjoyable for everyone. Kudos to you, DarkDoom3000!

Thanks dude, people usually seem to like frequent update.
The hero count was 108 in 0.25.. I increased it to 150 in 0.4. which deecreased performance among older computers.

I've done some stuff to decrease lag by changing evolution process, the update method, limitbreak activations and whatnot.

My computer doesn't lag, so Its kinda hard to tell whether it's been fixed.
but i do hope it makes a difference. I want people to be able to play the game.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
I just started playing the game and I gotta say. I'm impressed. ^_^

The plot is very interesting so far. It has excellent pacing and very nice mapping, given the 2nd generation graphics. But I think that it works well in this case and that the game wouldn't have the correct feel to it if it had updated graphics. I always did love te 2nd generation, so I'm happy that you're bringing back such nostalgia by using them.

However, there are many spelling errors and they keep bugging me every time I see them. I'd consider going back through and checking that out. I don't mean slang, or how the characters speek, I actually mean spelling errors and completely impropper grammar. It would help win me over more.

I'm really excited to see where it goes, for I'm only 20 minutes into the game.

~Aqua

Years
You actually liked the levla stone!? I only put it in there because I was too lazy to put the normal evolution process in. Plus I kept on forgetting that my Pokemon could have evolved.

Plus the old levla stone technique caused lag because it had to check whether pokemon had that equiped all the time. while this new system only checks once, every time you finish a battle, then switches off.

I guess I should've made myself more clear; when I said I like the levla stone, I liked the concept of it: Evolve when you're ready (given the requirements are met).

I hate that in all the other games that you have to hold the everstone to keep a pokemon from evolving or constantly pressing the cancel button every time its level increases.

Now that I look at your system, I guess I was a little confused and I still am. When you say it only checks once, does this mean it won't try to evolve every time the level increases? Also, if this is true, does this mean you can evolve whenever you're ready once the requirements are met?

DarkDoom3000

Years
I just started playing the game and I gotta say. I'm impressed. ^_^

The plot is very interesting so far. It has excellent pacing and very nice mapping, given the 2nd generation graphics. But I think that it works well in this case and that the game wouldn't have the correct feel to it if it had updated graphics. I always did love te 2nd generation, so I'm happy that you're bringing back such nostalgia by using them.

However, there are many spelling errors and they keep bugging me every time I see them. I'd consider going back through and checking that out. I don't mean slang, or how the characters speek, I actually mean spelling errors and completely impropper grammar. It would help win me over more.

I'm really excited to see where it goes, for I'm only 20 minutes into the game.

~Aqua
Yeah...spelling isn't my strong suit. It is on my todo list. If you have any direct examples, ill fix them stright away and add you to the spell checkers list.

I guess I should've made myself more clear; when I said I like the levla stone, I liked the concept of it: Evolve when you're ready (given the requirements are met).

I hate that in all the other games that you have to hold the everstone to keep a pokemon from evolving or constantly pressing the cancel button every time its level increases.

Now that I look at your system, I guess I was a little confused and I still am. When you say it only checks once, does this mean it won't try to evolve every time the level increases? Also, if this is true, does this mean you can evolve whenever you're ready once the requirements are met?
Oh, I see what you mean.

Well, in the old system, the game had to check whether any pokemon had the levla stone in real time, which could cause some lag. This new system only checks after each battle.

Also, as a way to speed the game, you can disable certain functions, evoltuion being one of them. so you can disable automatic evolution.
if thats done, there'll probably be a man at the pokecenter that checks for evolvable pokemon if you talk to him..

----------
Update

Ok Happy New Year!

going to the beach for 2 days.
Ill leave you with this.

tilemodes.png

It's the expansion of the day-night item.
works as a timetraveling device later ingame.

gotta go now.

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
Years
Update

Ok Happy New Year!

going to the beach for 2 days.
Ill leave you with this.

tilemodes.png

It's the expansion of the day-night item.
works as a timetraveling device later ingame.

gotta go now.

God, every new update is outstanding thanks to all the innovative ideas that you invent...Anyway happy new year and holydays :D.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
wow, the tile shift is very cool and unique! just started playing v.o4 and its great. i really can't wait to see what comes next!

Also, just a suggestion, if you can, i think you should make item buying and selling just like the real games, where you can choose the exact amount you want at once.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2011
Hey , I stumbled upon this page, read it, watched the vid... screamed like a little girl, and texted my friend about this, with more than a few "Eeeeeeeeeeee!"s included. You are a feckin genius, and I love you, and I am going to treat this with as high esteem as I would any Final Fantasy game!

And there is a guy on Deviant Art that has drawings of Eeveelutions for all 17 types. His name is ~Benzophenone-4 and the drawing is called Eeveelutions Redone.

Anywhoozle, much as I'd like to actually play this game, I can't get it to start up. I click on the exe (tried both applications, same reaction), but it will only make the screen go black (trying to go into full screen?), then a popup appears saying: "Direct Draw Error DDERR_EXCEPTION"
I tried googling that, but to no avail, could you give any suggestions?

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Years
Just to clarify about the tile chaging, because I was in a rush last time

It currently works that the tile swapping works by just... swapping tiles. It's easy to make happen. but it doesn't effect anything else.

It can be done in all routes and cities.
indoors, caves and forests aren't effected.

Out of curiosity, may I see the updated sprites? :P
Time traveling device, eh?
Sounds interesting :)

Great progress on the game!

I can manually change all the characters to change their sprites. would take some time though. and seems like a waste of resorces right now.

I can't even change enemy encounters without creating a second version of the map (like sola/luna forest)
so can't really change enemy sprites..

As for the main character's sprites: perfectly possible.
---

The generation swap time travelling isn't gonna be some sifi thing.
As it will be explained in the game, it only effects the enviroment. characters and whatnot don't get effected.

Eg: Rockslide happens, blocking path. go "back" to Gen1 - rockslide not there yet :O

or they're building a bridge. Not done yet- fastforward to Gen 3 - vola, it's completed.

Wow! Its in black and white and your character's still in color.

Yeah, Like i said above. charcters and specific things stay the same. I could apply a screen tint to make everything black and white- which now that I think of it- would be a good idea.

wow, the tile shift is very cool and unique! just started playing v.o4 and its great. i really can't wait to see what comes next!

Also, just a suggestion, if you can, i think you should make item buying and selling just like the real games, where you can choose the exact amount you want at once.
Thanks, hope you like it.
All the common marts have the ability to choose the amount you want to buy-
But when buying TMs at a mega mart, it does the custom buying system. to regulate money. you wouldn't really need multiples of tms. Unless theres another place where I forgot about.

Hey , I stumbled upon this page, read it, watched the vid... screamed like a little girl, and texted my friend about this, with more than a few "Eeeeeeeeeeee!"s included. You are a feckin genius, and I love you, and I am going to treat this with as high esteem as I would any Final Fantasy game!

And there is a guy on Deviant Art that has drawings of Eeveelutions for all 17 types. His name is ~Benzophenone-4 and the drawing is called Eeveelutions Redone.

Anywhoozle, much as I'd like to actually play this game, I can't get it to start up. I click on the exe (tried both applications, same reaction), but it will only make the screen go black (trying to go into full screen?), then a popup appears saying: "Direct Draw Error DDERR_EXCEPTION"
I tried googling that, but to no avail, could you give any suggestions?
wow, thanks for the praise.

As for your problem, googling got me this. I don't know what it really means, but something to do with 2 graphics cards or something. It is fixable. the guy on the forum got it working.
I have a radeon 4870x2 gfx card, the x2 pretty much means its 2 cards in one, if i try to run any rpg maker game with both cards/cores enabled i get that exact error, so if you have something similar try to disable Catalyst A.I. in the Catalyst Control Center, just to clarify, this has nothing to do with the cores on your processor just the graphics card.

It might be possible the same error happens if you have cards in SLI or crossfire but either way, if you have one card with 2 cores or 2 cards, disable one of them and it should work, hope this helps so my sacrifice wasnt in vain

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2011
Wow, thanks Doom, such a fast response, too :D That did it, I just had to disable Crossfire real easy by rightclicking on the desktop and searching the Catalyst Control Center till I found the option. Thanks for finding for me! You double rock and stuff.

DarkDoom3000

Years
Thanks, and no problem, might've been a problem that others encounter, hopefully they'll see that post. now. (ill just post on my blog incase... which i really need to get updated.)

---
Update comming sometime tommorow.
Hint: Flashbacks... and not the main character's

Plus full spoiler filled storyline synopsis. spoiler tags will be enabled.

And there will be ingame items :O (rare candy and more for your save file)

Last edited:

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
Yeah, Jirachi looks... a bit off, I guess.
Tropius, Cradily, and Flygon are really dark in some areas o-0
Ralts's "hair" has lines in it, right now, it looks smooth
Otherwise, the sprites are great!
And, its prob my screen or something, but there's a weird dot near Delcatty o-0

EDIT: Sharpedo looks odd, as if everything except his fin is 2d
Also, Treecko's eyes are funny; according to you, you have white, so why not use that instead?

EDIT2: Oh hey, page 11!

Thanks, I've gone back and editied the problem ones.

Out of curiosity, may I see the updated sprites?

I can manually change all the characters to change their sprites. would take some time though. and seems like a waste of resorces right now.

I can't even change enemy encounters without creating a second version of the map (like sola/luna forest)
so can't really change enemy sprites..

As for the main character's sprites: perfectly possible.

Uhm, am I missing something here?
Anyway, can't wait for next update :P

EDIT: Page 12! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
something odd: I battled the corrupted pineco in arbor forest. Then, after i beat it, it was still there! i beat it again, then left the forest and returned. Then, when i came back, the pineco was gone, but my rare candy took its place. is this supposed to happen?

EDIT:also, after defeating the corrupted bellsprout and co., i got the trophy for defeating the corrupted nidoran, which i had already obtained.

PaulUrchin

Imma Spriter wanna be... meh.
Years
This is an interesting project, although it has oldish graphics the gameplay looks okay. I might give this a spin.

DarkDoom3000

Years
Flashbacks, Story Revisions and Codes.

@ BCKC: Oh, my bad. I thought you wanted the ingame sprites to update whenever you change tile modes.

here they are.
problemspots.png

WOOT 12 indeed.

@shadowdragon
Yeah, someone pointed out the pineco glitch before, Ive fixed.
But the bellsprout trophy glitch is new, Good job, you have successfulyl found a undiscovered glitch and you now are included in the credits.

Testing credits. The more stars, the more glitches found.
Spoiler:

@PaulUrchin
I definetly recommed trying it out, Old graphics aren't always a bad thing if you're good with mapping and are determined. Plus, if you really want, you can apply the 3rd gen tiles.

----------
progressupdat.png

----------
Flashbacks.
As a new plot device, flashbacks appear when the main character goes to sleep at certain points of the game. Its the tale of twin brothers Tom and Randy(names are generic for a reason) who live in aurum town in generation 0. - Development time. when the game is getting developed.

there are currently 3 retroactive flashbacks, Meaning you people who transfer save files can still see them

The first one happens as soon as you start the game, it leads into the oak intro. -Just click new game, to see it. press F12 to reset game and load your save.

The second happens in route 6, must have defeated necro first.

The third happens in Tasto Creek, oak must have finished the day/night system.

The rest happen later past where v0.4 ends.

flashbacks.png

It's where I was originally using the gen1 tileset, then I realisied I could just use it for genral purpose. along with gen3 tiles.

Storyline Revision v4

WARNING MASSIVE SPOILERS!
Spoiler:

Bad News

Well... I'm quiting the game dev-lol no.
Real bad news is im changing the leveling balance. 3-4 hours into the game and I already am at level 40 for all my pokemon.
Ill be trying to rebablance so it's more like the actual pokemon games. You should only be around level 40 when you finish the region.

Survey Questions
I need to get some data, for the balance among other things
-Where are you currently at on the game?
-How long have you played for? (estimate, or just look on the trainer card)
-What is your average party level?

Codes
Had almost forgotten I had added these. a 3 day late new years gift for you people playing.

Use the Cellphone and type in these numbers to get items

726625- Rare Candy
040815- Mega Phoenix (although says full phoenix)
111111- Berry

----
I still need GWD to come out before I reveal a "new" pokemon. :|

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Yay I'm credited :D

Also, cool update. I like the flashback idea. Also, that second code gives a full phoenix not mega.

EDIT:Spelling error-it's Grovyle, not Grovile.

Back