• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Pikachu Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
where am I supposed to go after I give the egg to Professor Elm
It may feel strange but you need to go to Dark Cave
If you're afraid of doing this watch the video in the first post (It's not 100% the same as now but it's still a great help how to get further)

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
Years
This is your best hack yet, Miksy!

I pretty much played through it all today, using only my Pikachu.

One question though, why does Pikachu evolve into Raichu and THEN Pichu? Did you change Pichu's stats to be stronger than Pikachu or Raichu?

Anyways, good hack and congrats on finishing it!

miksy91

Years
This is your best hack yet, Miksy!

I pretty much played through it all today, using only my Pikachu.

One question though, why does Pikachu evolve into Raichu and THEN Pichu? Did you change Pichu's stats to be stronger than Pikachu or Raichu?

Anyways, good hack and congrats on finishing it!
When your pikachu is lv40 or so he usually will turn out weaker and weaker in your party compared to other pokemon you've.
Then I just wanted to make him evolve into Raichu.
And I just thought it would be epic if Raichu could evolve so he can too but if your raichu evolves before you get kanto-region finished you're simply overleveled.

EDIT:
One of my friends in youtube asked where to get bike and I just wanted to make sure to you that you can get it in Goldenrod City and you actually need it in the future (you've to go through bicycle road in kanto)

Last edited:

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Congratulations for completing your third hack...Miksy...I haven't played the betas...Cause I Wanted to do it all at once...Also...What do you mean by..."And I just thought it would be epic if Raichu could evolve so he can too but if your raichu evolves before you get kanto-region finished you're simply overleveled."...I Can't follow that...Care to explain...Or not...XD

miksy91

Years
UPDATE !

I remaked one route in kanto because there is a little sidequest to do and now you have to explore to find it. Also there was a bug that Nidoking and Nidoqueen learned Flash instead of Strenght and I fixed it. (v. 1.01)

3 people here were enough fast to download version 1.01 which I released a few hours ago but now I noticed that there is a major bug with Cerulean City mart:
You can buy glitch items there + other stuff which shouldn't be gotten from mart at all :S
I seriously apologize for having bugs like that in a released hack :(

Version 1.02 is downloadable above and I'm sure that there won't be glitches like that in future.

Congratulations for completing your third hack...Miksy...I haven't played the betas...Cause I Wanted to do it all at once...Also...What do you mean by..."And I just thought it would be epic if Raichu could evolve so he can too but if your raichu evolves before you get kanto-region finished you're simply overleveled."...I Can't follow that...Care to explain...Or not...XD
I meant that if you've Pichu before you've beaten all gym leaders in kanto you've overleveled.
Usually your party should be lv 65-70 when you've done that

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Know what would be fun if you did it? Since this is called,'Pokemon Pikachu Edition' it would be fun to change the opening around and have the Unknowns be chassing a Pikachu around instead of Suicune. Just an idea.

miksy91

Years
Know what would be fun if you did it? Since this is called,'Pokemon Pikachu Edition' it would be fun to change the opening around and have the Unknowns be chassing a Pikachu around instead of Suicune. Just an idea.
Do you know how hard that is if I even can't script with simple hex editor xD ?

Also I beta-tested it through (thrice) now and didn't find any bugs so download patch file 1.02 if you haven't yet since there will be only minor bug fixes (TMs)

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
You might be able to find someone that's good at animating things to change the opening for you, if you want to change it.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
I didn't like it too much but it was fun playing it. I couldn't beat Bugsy with his high level bug Pokemon.

My teams were
Spearow Level 18
Pikachu Level 16
Wooper Level 15

Worse is I can't beat Rival either. Even with his Level 24 Pikachu.

miksy91

Years
I didn't like it too much but it was fun playing it. I couldn't beat Bugsy with his high level bug Pokemon.

My teams were
Spearow Level 18
Pikachu Level 16
Wooper Level 15

Worse is I can't beat Rival either. Even with his Level 24 Pikachu.
Don't you use VBA to play it ?
It's easy if you can level your party up to lv19 or 20.
If you can beat Scyther with pikachu you have already won.

miksy91

Years
Speaking of Scyther, is it possible to get Scizor in game through some new means or would I have to say, shark an encounter with him? I was thinking of training Pikachu/Raichu/New Form?, Scizor, Crobat, Houndoom, Starmie if it were possible.

EDIT: Also what's with the hit rate? I've noticed attacks that normally have 100 accuracy are VERY prone to missing just like in RBY.

DOUBLE EDIT: Argh this is seriously starting to piss me off. My Pokemon are dying because their attacks which SHOULD hit are inconveniantly missing when the enemy has like 2 HP left and the attack would otherwise kill them. Water Gun and Thundershock should NOT be missing as often as they do. It's like I'm playing Persona 3 again.
Scyther evolves in this hack just like normal pokemon, I won't tell you the level though :P

I changed hit rate of all attacks (expect swift, faint attack...which never miss)

I didn't mean the attacks to miss that often because the hit-rate of all attacks which have 100% accuracy (in normal pokemon crystal) is 236 (maximum is 255).
Then attacks would hit with: 236/255 x 100% accuracy (=92.5%)
But it doesn't just go like that which made it stupid :|
But on the other hand you can beat gym leaders easier if their pokemon miss and double team and sand attack are better attacks than usually.

Last edited:

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
Don't you use VBA to play it ?
It's easy if you can level your party up to lv19 or 20.
If you can beat Scyther with pikachu you have already won.

I'm using BGB Emulator for now because I've still got no desktop monitor to play anything on VBA and VBA runs really slow on my laptop.

Speaking of monitors, I hope I get one Today or Tomorrow.

miksy91

Years
So basically every attack in the game has lost 8% accuracy? Oh boy, this doesn't bode well for the unlucky one.
Attacks should have lost 8% accuracy but I think they miss more often.
Probably with 80% accuracy or so

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I'm stuck in Kanto I've beaten every gym leader except Brock because I can't find him and are the lvl 150 Alakazam and lvl 160 Umbreon meant to be on the S.S Anne?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Hmm, I've noticed the Kanto starters can be caught in the wild. Is there a way to get the Johto starters? Me wants his Feraligatr >_>

I've noticed that Johto starters are obtained through trading, Gastly -> Chikorita (Violet City), Mr Mime -> Cyndaqual (Olivine City) and I'm not sure where Totadile is but you can trade your Ho-Oh for a Celebi on route 14

Years
what i do to open ips file cuz i dont understand who to work on ips file i am total noob in this case lol someone help with tutorials or something?thanks

miksy91

Years
Hmm, I've noticed the Kanto starters can be caught in the wild. Is there a way to get the Johto starters? Me wants his Feraligatr >_>
Totodile is in Goldenrod Mart

what i do to open ips file cuz i dont understand who to work on ips file i am total noob in this case lol someone help with tutorials or something?thanks
Search for Lunar IPS in google and open it and maybe you'll figure it out.

I'm stuck in Kanto I've beaten every gym leader except Brock because I can't find him and are the lvl 150 Alakazam and lvl 160 Umbreon meant to be on the S.S Anne?
Aagh...people do never explore :(
Well I made Brock a special gym leader who can be battled in Johto instead of Kanto.
Brock can be found by going inside the northern cave from Blackthrorn City (Union Cave)

Also about alakazam and umbreon, those trainers are meant to be jokes and you've to avoid battling them.
I think it's fun if you don't use save states :P
If you actually can beat them then you're probably stronger than Red and Blue already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back