• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Danielle Accola & Megan Sandoval
Classroom, Battlefield #7

No students remain, finally. Megan was ready to go to the rooftop to meet with her students. She faced her Pokemon, who were all standing by the white board awaiting for Megan's command. Avan was excited and jumpy next to Mimi. Mimi, however, was hoping she wouldn't be chosen for battle. Her legs were shaking with anxiety, praying for Megan to put her back in the ball.

"Alright, then…" Megan started, "Mimi and Avan are going back in the ball. Leah, you're battling with a student today. Bree, you'll be my eyes and ears."

A brief sigh came out of Mimi. Avan didn't care as he continued to jump. Megan took out both of her Pokeballs and returned Mimi and Avan back in the ball. As she did, she placed them back in her bag. She got her clipboard, and held it around her left arm, and started to exit the classroom. Leah and Bree followed her trainer, as the classroom goes dark and the door goes shut.

Arriving at the rooftop, the majority of the students were right by the elevator, including Danielle, Mark, and Lucia, waiting patiently for Megan's next command. Some students were waiting to battle as they have their Pokemon out and ready to go. That includes Sector, who is about to experience an actual battle for the first time. The battle between Swifty the Vulpix wouldn't really count on Danielle's terms.

"Sector," Danielle said, "Promise me you'll do your best out there, like last night."

"Yaaaaaaaanma!" Sector cheered, then makes a flip.

"Alright, students. Gather up!" Megan called out to the students. She took a glance at the clipboard which contained the battling pairs. Many of them were quite eager, including Sector. "First off, your participation in battles count towards your grade. I'm…pretty sure all of you have come here after the quiz. Second of all, this is a one-on-one battle. One Pokemon per student and one only. And finally, it must be either a grass or a bug type. If you don't have a grass or a bug type and you have a Pokemon that has a grass or a bug type move, you may use it. I can lend you one of my Pokemon if there's a possibility that there are some of you that don't have the required Pokemon. Remember, this is a practice, but you do earn points towards your grade."

Sector started to buzz as Megan continued to explain the rules of the battle. It seemed simple enough for Danielle to understand. She felt confident for Sector. Who would be her opponent? Who would be the Pokemon he/she'd use?

"Okay, guys. I have the pairings in the clipboard. You will find your partner and you will find a spot around here to battle. Be sure to make room for your Pokemon to battle. Here in Battlefield #7, it's a large battlefield, so there's plenty for you to battle. After finishing the battle, you may report the stats with me, and you may leave." Finally, she looked at her clipboard. "First pairing shall be…Danielle Accola and Tyler Smith."

As Danielle's name was heard, she and Sector moved out of the crowd so she can be seen by a boy named Tyler. After a few seconds, an Enteier came out of the crowd, immediately assuming it was Tyler. Danielle smiled at the young boy, hoping for a wonderful battle.

"Alrighty, next pairing shall be…" Megan looked at the clipboard. "Mark Wilson and Nika Valentine!"

((OOC: Lucia's pairing with Megan will be announced next post, Danielle x Megan posts will now be separate, also Drew Stone's post to be posted next (had no time D:) ))​

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Shadow hit the floor of the stadium. Seth yelled "No! Get up! Attack!" but the Shuppet barely heard him. Only pure hatred kept the Pokemon from fainting right then and there. The Shuppet glowed with dark energy again and threw a Shadow ball at Sheldon. The attack seemed to be more powerful than usual.
A critical hit! Seth thought with sudden suprise. He had beaten this trainer against all odds.

Years
The Shadow Ball exploded on Sheldon, and the tired sea slug Pokemon was sent flying--fortunately, landing right in Wyatt's arms. The Shellos fainted as soon as the attack landed. Wyatt frowned, and returned him to his pokeball. Without any words, he turned to leave the battlefield. He was clearly distressed at everything that had unfolded. Arceus damn weirdo and his Shuppet...Grumble grumble...Picking this stupid field, his attacks...I should have used Boo, or Grotle...At least Sheldon will learn from this...And I'll learn from this...Oh yes, yes I will...Hmmm...Grumble grumble...

Khawill

<3
Years
Teal woke up being dragged along the forest, he had a massive headache but he knew that he wouldn't pass out again. He waited for his eyes to focus and groaned, the person and her pokemon carrying him stopped. He began to stand up slowly, stumbling a bit, but able to stand. "Well, I guess nothings broken then." He laughed a bit, but groaned at the head pain it gave him, "Ow, that was quiet a brawl, did you get my Linoone in her ball" the girl nodded, He sighed in relief, "I think I have a concussion but it could be worse, thanks for finding me my name is Teal Wright, you can call me O." He held out his hand and tried not to make any quick movements that would further cause him pain. "I must look a mess huh"

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth grinned returning Shadow to his ball. Some people just don't know what their up against... Time to get you to a Pokemon center. He said to Shadow's dusk ball. Seth walked off the field to go back to the Entei dorm and ask a fellow trainer where he could find one.

Years
Wyatt hurried away, and had Sheldon healed. The Shellos looked up at him with sad eyes, disappointed in him. "It's not your fault, Sheldon. Don't feel bad. We'll just train harder, and we'll beat him!" Wyatt said with a grin. The Shellos perked up a bit, and smiled. "We'll start right now! Train against some Ghost Pokemon. There's bound to be some in Lugia Dorm...We might even make some new friends." With that, Wyatt headed to the abandoned dorm room, intending on strengthening his Pokemon team. The Shellos on his head peered ahead, eager to redouble his efforts, and beat that mean old Shuppet and his owner. Wyatt felt stupid about having agreed to a battle in such an arena, to someone whose strengths were unknown to him.

TheAmazingTaco

Crazy Cardboard Box Hobo
Years
After that unfortunate event of Slasher poking him in his side, RJ had finally managed to calm himself down for a moment. Turning to his pokemon he shook his head. "Please don't do that again. That hurt!" He puffed out his cheeks, showing that he was quite annoyed with his pal. As for Slasher, he just tried to give him the cutest look a scyther could muster up.

RJ tried to keep a firm look at Slasher, but the cute look that was given to him just made him forget about being mad. "Baw, fine. I forgive you. . . For now." He had to add the last part in. "Wait, aren't you supposed to be in your Poke ball?" The kid looked at his belt. The three pokeballs were still attached to his belt. "I am not going to ask how you managed that one." He huffed then turned away from Slasher. "Let's uh. . . go and try to get to know the--others." He was still being a bit shy. He'll warm up eventually~

So here he goes! Wandering about around the Entei dorm. He wanted to get to know the place first. Just so he wouldn't get lost in the future. "Wow this place is pretty cool. Don't you think?" Of course he always seemed to try to carry conversations with his pokemon. However the one with the most responses ever, was only Slasher. King just bit him or turned away while Spooky just freaked out and hid.

"Erm. Let's see. . . ." RJ said to himself as he stopped in the main area, looking around. If Seth walks into the area, he could see RJ standing there looking oblivious!

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Seth entered the dorm, feeling tired after that long, hard battle, and nearly walked right into RJ.
"Whoa! Watch it!" Seth shouted in suprise. He saw the bewildered student and eased up a bit.
"hey, my name's Seth. What's yours?"

TheAmazingTaco

Crazy Cardboard Box Hobo
Years
RJ wasn't aware of his surroundings and when Seth bumped into him, RJ jumped in surprise. More-so jumping away from Seth and bumping into his Scyther. "Oh I am sorry!!!" He quickly apologized then quickly responded with his automatic response. "You're okay right?"

Once he realized Seth was okay and not in any sort of super pain. RJ eased up a bit and tried to calm down. "Er-Nice to meet you Seth. I-uh. . . My name is RJ! I'm. . . . p-pretty new here!" He decided to finally shove that timid spazz-self away and try to sound a bit more confident in himself. "So--uh. . ." His mind had to pause and think for a moment. "Where are you off to in a hurry? I-If you don't mind me asking."

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
"I just got back from a battle, and I was heading to my room to grab a Super potion... This is your Scyther?" Seth was trying to be as nice as he could, seeing as what had happened the first time... "I'd introduce you, bu Shadow is barely conscious right now..." Seth said as he walked over to one of the chairs in the common room. He sat down and waited for this nervous new trainer to respond.

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Skye

Skye blinked. Um... where did Valorie go... was he still supposed to fight? Their teacher wasn't listening...

Maybe I should just... wait...

Ciel

His timetable? Sure...

Ciel fumbled around for his Pokegear and then held it out, flipping it to where he had left it. He was hesitant to offer it to a stranger. But he was a fellow student so... maybe it was okay?

"Heh-Here..."

Ash

Ash sighed to herself, clapping her hands. "All right, enough of that!" She grinned. "Now that you guys have stretched and gotten loose by getting a couple punches in, your next order of business is to take off your socks and shoes and get in the water. Then you come back out here and spar again!" Hearing groans and whines, she clapped her hands. "Oi, listen!"

There were still some grumbles, but she happily projected over them. "Some days you will be out without Pokemon in the rain. That's the easiest time to grab someone. Why? Because people have a hard time moving and hearing over the sounds. You don't want that to be you. So get in there!" Of course, she dove in first, jumping into the water with a laugh. Pulling herself out, Ash shook the water out of her face. "The first person to flip someone onto their back can leave class early. And that's how it goes until the one person's left. So don't lose!"

Various kids bolted at these words, causing Ash to grin.

Years
Wyatt Donaghue--Abandoned Lugia Dorm

A bit nervous, approaching the abandoned dorm, Wyatt again noted all of the spell tags and magical wards that were plastered all over the perimeter of the room. With some hesitation, and taking a deep breath, he opened the door, and stepped inside, with Sheldon perched atop his head, anxiously awaiting whatever was on the other side.

Spr_3e_355.gif

"DUUUUSKULL!!!" it cried as it popped out in front of Wyatt, its single red eye transfixed on the Shellos atop his head. Sheldon squealed in fright, and rolled off of Wyatt's head, into his arms. Wyatt jumped a bit, but laughed it off. The Duskull laughed as well, as it floated around, letting Wyatt enter the room.

It was a dark, deteriorated hallway, and several Pokemon, Ghost or otherwise, were poking their heads out of various rooms, looking at the new arrivals.

Wyatt was more interested in their greeter. "Hahahahaha, that was a funny joke you played on us!" The Duskull chuckled heartily, and floated around Wyatt, taking note of his appearance, and that of his Shellos. Sheldon quivered in his owner's arms, peeking out at the Duskull occasionally, before hiding his face again. Wyatt examined the Duskull in turn; she appeared to be your average Duskull, except for a dirtied, darkened rag tied around its left arm. "Are you hurt?" he asked, gesturing towards the cloth on the Duskull's arms. She hastily shook her head, and turned her other side towards Wyatt, protecting her accessory.

TheAmazingTaco

Crazy Cardboard Box Hobo
Years
"Oh you did?" RJ asked curiously. He had been in a few battles before too. Unfortunately, it was always against his cousin and it usually resulted in his team losing. But that won't stop him from becoming stronger with his team! He knows that someday he and his team will win!

"Ah-Okay." He quickly added. Maybe he should let Seth go get a Super Potion. So stepping aside and allowing Seth some room to make way to the seat, RJ stood there thinking for a moment. He would have given Seth a Super Potion, but he didn't have any at this moment. Other than berries he found on one of his wandering adventures outside.

"Huh? Oh-y-yeah! This is my Scyther. He's my first Pokemon, given to me by my grandmother. She's a Pokemon breeder. U-Um. . ." He then shuffled in his backpack, searching for something. All the while his Scyther was quietly standing behind him wondering what his trainer was planning. Then RJ pulled his hand out from the back pack and held it out to Seth. In the palm of his hands were a couple Sitrus Berries.". . . I have some berries. Will it help Shadow out a little bit?"

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
Dante Redson --- Location-Elizabeth's classroom

Dante looked up from his notepad once Elizabeth asked if anyone needed help the construction of the pokeballs.

"Are the pokeballs that we are making suppose to look like the ancient pokeballs or present pokeballs?", Dante asked Elizabeth.

Dante then started to look over the runes he wrote in his notepad that were written near the drawings that he drew.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Oh, you don't have to... He's sleeping right now." Seth said as he gestured at the dusk ball clipped to his belt. He really ought to go and get that potion...
"I'll be right back... Gonna go get that super potion..." Seth walked to his room and opened the trainer bag laying on his bed. It took a while, but he eventually found the potion. He sprayed it into the ball, causing Shadow to stir. He then released Shadow to introduce him to his new classmate. The Shuppet yawned and drifted slowly up to Seth's shoulder.
How are you feeling? That Shellos was a handful...
Eh, I've felt better...
was Shadow's response. Seth walked back into the common room and sat back down, Shadow not far behind.
"Well, This is Shadow. Shadow, this is- What did you say the Scyther's nickname was?"
Shadow didn't have time for introductions, and just floated up to the Scyther.
Hey, I'm Shadow... We just had a battle with an annoying Shellos... What does your trainer call you?...Shadow asked the now bewildered Scyther.

Last edited:

TheAmazingTaco

Crazy Cardboard Box Hobo
Years
"Alright." RJ said as Seth went to go get the potion. He looked to Slasher and snickered. "See? I can totally talk to people! I'm not as bad as some think I am. I can hold an okay conversation! I swear! Haha!" He gave Slasher a goofy smile.

Slasher on the other hand just shook his head--amused. But he tried to act cool and unamused. RJ didn't buy the fake look and patted him on the shoulder.

Once Seth returned back to the area, RJ looked back over to him. "Oh! How rude of me! Uh, this is Sla-sh. . .er." He said Slasher's name slow when he watched Shadow drift over to his friend. "He's a cool looking Pokemon." Distraction! "I've never seen a Shuppet up close before."

Slasher watched Shadow wander over. 'Good day.' Slasher greeted him back. 'I am called Slasher. Please excuse my trainer. He's a bit of a drift sometimes. Not that it's a bad thing. . . for the most part. . . So a battle huh? I have never seen a Shellos before. How did the battle go?' He figured to ask.

Years
Remembering his encounter with Sheldon, Wyatt was quick to speak his mind to the Duskull. "Want to join my team, if we beat you in a battle? I'd take good care of you!" The Duskull was about to shake its head, when it stilled itself, and seemed to think on this for a minute. It retreated to one of the bedrooms of Lugia White Dorm, and hushed Pokemon voices were heard; presumably, the Duskull was talking it over with its friends.

A minute later, the Duskull emerged, and floated over to Wyatt. "Skull!" she chimed as she nodded. He grinned and nodded in turn, and set the nervous Shellos on the floor before him. The Duskull backed up the hallway, assuming battle position, before launching her strike.

Sheldon was lifted into the air with Psychic, and battered against a wall. The dazed Shellos shook his head, and glared at the Duskull. "Sheldon, use Mud Bomb!" Sheldon reared his head, and spat out a large gob of mud, striking the Duskull right in the face. It wiped away at the mud and grit while launching a Night Shade that completely missed, and tore away at an already worn wall. "Hidden Power, now!" Sheldon launched a ball of dark energy that struck the Duskull and spun her around. She floated low to the ground, before rushing towards Sheldon, and grabbing him by the sides, glared into his face. The Shellos was sweating profusely and squirming as his Hidden Power was Disabled. As Duskull retreated, Wyatt reached into his pack, and threw a pokeball at the Requiem Pokemon.

Pokeball-1.gif

"Come on..."

Pokeball-1.gif

"...Come on...!!"

n4f5f949133d44.jpg

The pokeball lay still.

"Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" Wyatt cheered, waving his arms around like a goof. He walked over to the pokeball and picked it up, grinning.

A number of Zubats were awakened by Wyatt's hollering, and swarmed around him, shrieking and diving at him.

"'Kay, time to leave! Sorry, sorry, sorry!" Wyatt ran out of the room, recalling Sheldon, and slamming the door shut behind him. The spell tags on the walls glowed faintly, as Ghost Pokemon tried to follow him out, but were repelled.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Wyatt Wyvern (Raikou Dorm)

Oak Town/Sea-->Pokemon Center
Wyatt sadly looked down as his last pokemon fainted. He felt like he could have done better, but he cast this feeling aside as to not be a sore loser. He walked off the beach and searched Oak town for A pokemon center and after some time he managed to find one that seemed very colossal compared to the ones he had seen in other towns in Johto and Kanto. Wyatt ran through the door, which opened automatically, and close to fifteen minutes later he emerged with tired, but otherwise recovered pokemon.

Years
(OOC; I kept assuming there were some sort of healing facilities/machines within the Academy o_o)
Wyatt Donaghue; Oak Town/Academy

Wyatt made the trek into town for two reasons; one, to heal his Pokemon, and two, to buy a new TM! He stopped by the Pokemon Center, handed his Pokemon over to the nurse. While waiting, he headed over to the TM Mart, where he was greeted by a jovial older man with a big belly and a thick mustache. "Hey, there, sonny! What can I get you?" he chuckled as he sat on a stool behind the counter. Wyatt peered into glass display cases, perusing all of the available TMs, when his eyes stopped on one in particular. "TM 17--Protect, please." The man hopped off his stool, and hobbled over to Wyatt; he was considerably shorter, off of his seat, barely measuring up to Wyatt. "Hohoho, that's one of our most popular items--lucky for you, it's on sale right now, too! 20% off." He unlocked the display case, took out a copy of TM 17, and locked the case up again. The shopkeeper waddled back to his perch behind the counter, and made note of the purchase. "1600 bucks, my good man!" Wyatt pulled out his wallet, and handed the bills over to the shopkeeper, who accepted the payment, and slid the TM to the young trainer. Wyatt gave a respectful nod to the man, and returned to the Pokemon Center, with his TM in hand.

By the time Wyatt had returned to the Pokemon Center, his friends were all healed up. He gratefully accepted his Pokemon, taught Protect to Gaia (replacing her knowledge of Withdraw), and sat down on a bench to rest. He sent out his new Duskull. "I've been thinking of a name for you...Elvira? Do you like it?" The Duskull nodded happily, and Wyatt grinned. "Elvira it is!" Wyatt returned Elvira to her pokeball, and headed back to the Academy.

Once more, Wyatt fell into bed in the Suicune Dorm, which was very crowded with him, Boo, Gaia, Sheldon, and Elvira all cuddled up together.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
It was too close... and I don't plan on fighting that slug from hell again... Shadow stated wearily.

"Well, judging from your pokemon, I take it you're from the Johto/Kanto area?" Seth asked ignoring the two Pokemon as they spoke. He leaned back in the chair and closed his eyes. He had no classes to attend, so why not take a rest? His studies would most likely begin tomorrow anyways. Seth soon fell asleep in the cozy recliner.

Back