• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Nideous: We don't keep track of specific ammounts of IC time here any longer. It does nothing but cause problems because the time it takes to do something in roleplay takes at least 100 times as long as it would in realtime. Time is now vague.

It's been what... 2 IC 'days'? Maybe? Short story short do whatever you please. You may feel free to have your pokemon retain the levels they had before you left and nothing is stopping you from leveling them up further in your opening post.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
You could also go on as if nothing happened. Like you dissapeared for a day or two doing stuff and such. Looking forward to RPing with ya again though Nideous :D

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
@SD: Great! Looking forward to RPing with you again. xD

@Mammoth: I heard you. xD And that would be hilarious.

@Yellow: I knew that already. I was just wondering roughly how much time had passed. A few days is perfect. I'll have my SU up eventually.

@Megaman: Looking forward to it as well. ^_^

@Everyone: I have an idea for a staff member, would it be ok to say the Daycare Man of Oak island is a staff member? Or does he not count? Because, if so, then I'll have an SU up for him as well.

Dawn

Years
@Nideous: I suppose so, yeah.

@Everyone: I'm also a terrible person for not posting more. @_@

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Welcome back Nideous! I have no clue who you are, but you seem like a nice fella :3 Glad to have you back in this awesome RP!

Nideous

Years
Thanks Bastian! It's nice to meet you! I was in this RP when it first started up, and now I'm going to rejoin. I decided to forego altering my SU and just resubmit the one that got me in the first time, if that's cool:

Name: Brian Jameson

Nickname: Bri

Dorm: Entei Dorm (He aced the written part, but refused to do they practical part)

Appearance: A short boy, he has a round face full of life. He has bright blue eyes, and a smile is always on his face. He has long light brown hair. So long in fact that people have mistaken him for a girl sometimes. He wears Blue jeans that are a little too big for him and a White T-shirt with the logo of a pokeball on it. It has a few small rips in it.His shoes are a pair of dirt and grime covered things. They used to be white, but are now a shade of brown.

Personality: Brian is a very happy person. He has a tendancy to make people smile just by looking at him. He is very naive, however this adds to his charm. He is a little forgetful about the unimportant things. He always takes the time out to help people. He tries to make friends with everyone, and usually keeps those friends. He is very open and easy to talk to, and listens very well. He is more than a little clumsy, especially around girls. He is almost impossible to anger, but he scares very easily. He'll more likely run from a battle than fight. He Tries his hardest, but let's face it, he's kind of a slow learner. He can even be a little helpless sometimes, although he tries to be self-sufficent.

He really starts to shine when he deals with pokemon. He was born with the ability to understand what pokemon say. He is unaware that not many people, if no other people at all have this ability. He doesn't like to battle, and isn't very good at it. Although he has a lot of talent caring for pokemon, he is a rookie trainer. He doesn't know the first thing about the the gyms, or type match-ups or anything.

History: Brian grew up in Hoenn, but was born in Unova. As I said before, he had the ability to understand what any pokemon is saying. When he was three, he formed a very close bond with his only pokemon, a wild Snivy. When his family had to move, they left the wild Snivy behind. Snivy, however, climbed into the bags and went with them. Brians father, upon seeing the Snivy, caught him in a pokeball and gave him to Brian. The two have been inseperable ever since. While Brian was in Hoenn, he made friends with many of the children there. They were a lot older than him, so they left him behind to go on their pokemon journeys, a fact that made him sad. He has six older brothers, and his family can't afford to get him new things, so he gets the hand-me-downs. As the youngest of his siblings and only one who has shown any interest in pokemon, his parents have decided to send him to the school. They also have informed Professer Oak about his unusual ability.

Edit: I'll update my pokemon shortly, after I find them.

Dawn

Years
@Nideous: Use an advanced search and search your username on this thread to make it easier. oxo;

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
Welcome back Nideous! I've read some parts of the RP, so I've seen your character here before. It's great that you are rejoining again! :)

Nideous

Years
@Yellow: Oh, I found the list you sent me. The problem is it hadn't been udpated for a while. No, I was talking about the list of pokemon I had been keeping, which I just found. Here they are:

Thyme (Snivy): Level 25. Moves, Vine Whip, Leaf Tornado, Secret Power, Leech Seed, Growth, Attract
Duster (Minccino): Level 23. Moves, Double Slap, Thundershock, Iron Tail, Sing, Tickle, Helping Hand
Drizzle (Buisel): level 27. Moves, Water Gun, Aqua Jet, Pursuit, Swift, Quick Attack, Sonic Boom
Nova (Growlithe): Level 29. Moves, Facade, Bite, Fire Fang, Reversal, Dig, Double Team
Frost (Sneasel): Level 20. Moves, Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Quick Attack, Screech, Faint Attack
Bouncy (Igglybuff): Level 8. Moves, Sing, Faint Attack, Charm, Defense Curl
Leena (Misdreavus): Level 20. Moves, Astonish, Psywave, Spite, Growl, Confuse Ray, Mean Look.
Sprinkles (Eevee): Level 7. Moves, Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand, Detect, Hidden Power (Dragon), Shadow Ball

The list you gave me didn't take into account the training that Bouncey and Sprinkles had gone through. xD I'll add on Drake's SU soon. xD I can't wait to see how Val reacts to him.

Ok, here's Drake's SU. xD Because we really need another dragon master.

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Drake Finnegin

Nickname (Optional): Draco

Age (18+): 19

Gender (Male or Female): Male

Job(What subject do they teach? Battle Theory, Breeding 101, etc): Draco is not a teacher, he is the daycare man of Oak Island.

Drake is the Daycare man. He raises pokemon that are left with him and cares for any eggs he finds until the owner comes to pick it up.

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):

Drake is a tall man. He looks even taller, because he is never slouching and always standing tall. His blonde hair is so light colored that it is nearly white, and grows incredibly straight and hangs over his face and to the base of his neck. He has light green eyes that hold an arrogant, somewhat majestic air. He generally wears a drab, dark green color, reminesent of what Dragon Tamers wear, only without the cape. He holds himself with pride, and looks as if he would be at home with a crown on his head.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 5 lines minimum

Drake is a cocky, self assured man, and has no problems expressing himself. He is friendly, in an arrogant, superior way, and always thinks he is the best at what he does. His pride is emmense, and can be damaged easily, but he usually acts like it doesn't bug him until he's alone or with his pokemon. He is very boastful about his achievements, his pokemon, and anything he is proud of doing.

However, Drake can also be somewhat of a downer. He loses his confidence in himself fairly easily, and does not recover from that fast. He is somewhat of a flirt, but has been trying to keep that side of him under control. He has a great love of dragon pokemon, and is a very skilled breeder of them as well, though he hasn't battled in years.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What was he/she was doing before he/she got a job at trainer school? Why did they decide to go to the trainer school? How did they meet their [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]pokemon[/COLOR][/COLOR]? Etcetera): 10 lines minimum

Drake was born in Blackthorn City, the home of the Dragon Masters of Johto. He was good friends with Clair, as well as Lance, and was raised to be a Dragon Tamer as they were. He exhibited spectacular skill with his Dratini, though not as much as Lance. When Lance was the Gym Leader of the gym, Drake became one of the powerful Gym Trainers. However, Lance went on his own journey, and became the Champion of Kanto and Johto. Drake took over for him as Gym Leader and held the position for a few years.However, he wanted to be more than a ym leader. He wanted to defeat Lance and prove that he was the better Dragon Tamer. So, he set out on his own, entrusting the gym to Clair.

He journeyed through Johto, collecting badges with incredible speed and made his way to the Indigo Plateau. He had an incredible battle with Lance, and nearly deafeated him, but ended up losing. Lance was without a doubt the better Dragon Master, so Drake went back to training.

A few years later, he traveled to Sinnoh to try his hand in a new region. Along his journey, he met the only person that he truly fell for. During that time, her abrasiveness and his arrogant pride rubbed each other the wrong way, and he was too stubborn to grow up, and they had a falling out that ended in another spectacular battle. Afterwards, they went their seperate ways, but the bitterness built and built. They were both after the same goal, and he was always trying to one up her. Eventually, they met again in the Sinnoh Championships. After a fierce battle, Drake emerged the loser. After that, he lost all confidence in himself as a trainer and turned to his other interest, caring for and raising pokemon. He returned to Kanto and began working in the Daycare Center, eventually becoming the manager and running it by himself.

Lance tracked him down, and saw what he was like. Thinking that it might help his friend, he persuaded Professor Oak to hire Drake as the Daycare Man of Oak island. The reason for this was twofold, Drake was an incredibly talented Daycare Man, and his famous persona would fit right in with the other staff, after all, how many people can trump the Elite Four in not one but two regions. And, being around young, confident trainers might inspire the former Dragon Tamer to return to his roots of training and battling. It might help to restore his confidence in his battling style.

Pokémon (Maximum of 5. No legendaries or 'shiny' pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species:

Flygon
Nickname(Optional): Killita
Personality: Friendly and outgoing.
Lvl(Max 50): 47
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):
Dragon Breath, Earthquake, Crunch, Hyper Beam, Dragon Dance, Ice Beam, Fire Blast

Dragonaire
Nickname: Rena
Personality: Quiet and gentle
Lvl: 46
Moveset:
Surf, Twister, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Icy Wind, Aerial Ace

Salamance
Nickname: Zeal
Personality: Strong willed and ready to fight.
Lvl: 49
Moveset:
Dragon Claw, Zen Headbutt, Draco-meteor, Metal Claw, Flamethrower, Protect

Gabite
Nickname: Maris
Personality: Full of energy and explorative
Lvl: 43
Moveset:
Dragon Rush, Slash, Dig, Double Team, Fury Cutter, Dragon Claw

Axew
Nickname: Axy
Personality: Shy and withdrawn
Lvl: 21
Moveset:
Dragon Rage, Dragon Pulse, Shadow Ball, Scratch, Leer, Secret Power

Edit: I totally missed your post Mind! It's nice to meet you! :D

Edit 2: I'm finished with Drake now!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Welcome back Nideous! I'm fairly new here myself but I look forward to roleplaying with you in the future.

Dawn

Years
@Nideous: Oh, you decided to resubmit! I'll trust you then and go ahead and approve Brian. Feel free to start posting. :p Also, I can see Drake's isn't quite finished yet, so.

Nideous

Years
@West: Thanks! It's great to meet you!

@Yellow: I know I haven't finished Drake. But you never answered my question. I was wondering if it would be alright for Drake to have a low leveled Salamance. if not, that's ok, and I can do a different history, but if so, then I'll be able to proceed with Drake rather quickly. It popwould still come in under the Min. level requirments. xD

And I'm going to go get started on Bri's return post. xD Thanks Yellow.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
sorry to say I'm leaving PC, I've just got to much going on in rl I need to focus on, I might be back in a few months, once it's summer, might not. I hope if I do come back I can rejoin this RP if there are still spots open. If I end up not coming back to this website, the year and a few months I was on here was fun and I enjoyed role-playing with all of you.

~Genevieve~

Dawn

Years
@Nideous: Yup. Go ahead with the underleveled Salamance idea. :p

@Gen: Oh... alright. I'll VM you your SU(s) later for easy retrieval. Bye, I guess.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
Awww..... so One comes back and another one out? that is sad.....

Let's hope that Genevieve returns, no?

Anyway where have you been Nideous, just curious?

Nideous

Years
Drake is finished. He's up at where Bri's team is updated. *Snickers.* I wonder how Val will react when she finds out that another powerful Dragon Tamer arrives, assuming he's accepted.

Dawn

Years
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear, The Immortal One, Fujimori Tohru, Darkgoalie and HunterZero have been dropped for innactivity.

Nothing to see here. These are people I've been giving plenty of time to respond to my activity check VMs and haven't.

@Nideeous: That being said Nideous, as a matter of fact Brian can in fact resume being an entei dorm student, unless you suddenly desire him to switch dorms since we've got spots in every dorm free now. It's far from unheard of for people's dorms to be adjusted after they've demonstrated that they're above or below the expectations of a certain dorm. (I'd say the expectations for each dorm are based on someone's sheer knowledge and their application of that knowledge in battle. If you do both very well you get into Suicune. Only one, Entei, neither Raikou.)

I could ironically see Valorie getting dropped into Entei dorm on account of her unstable temper being arguably a failure to apply the knowledge she's learned.

Nideous

Years
Just incase you missed Drake, here's his completed SU:

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back