• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Roger Davis

Goofball
Years
Does this hack include the Physical/Special Split ?
It says so on the first post.

I haven't tried out this hack yet but it looks amazing and I'll be sure to soon! I love Kanto and it'll be interesting playing through it with different Pokemon. Question though since I haven't seen it stated--and it should probably be added in the first post as clarification; Do the generation 5 Pokemon replace the older Pokemon, or were they added in?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 7, 2023
you should add more moves for the next version such as gyro ball, electro ball, techno blast, heavy slam ..... i hope so ............happy

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Uhh, need help locating the second stone merchant in Cinnabar, I looked All over Cinnabar Island and he is nowhere to be found.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
I went to the Aqua Tail tutor, and somehow Lilligant can learn Aqua Tail in this game (I didn't teach because Lilligant's attack stat is horrible). Is this normal? Also, is Secret Power the only special coverage move Lilligant learns here?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
Hey so I've been playing through your hack which has been great so far however, i think ive ran into a bug. Just after defeating Gary and speaking to the Captain of the S.S Anne when I leave the ship it doesn't depart away like it usually does and it just stays there. Im not sure if this is a bug or meant to occur I would really appreciate the clarification. Great hack so far,

-Renton

Roger Davis

Goofball
Years
Hey so I've been playing through your hack which has been great so far however, i think ive ran into a bug. Just after defeating Gary and speaking to the Captain of the S.S Anne when I leave the ship it doesn't depart away like it usually does and it just stays there. Im not sure if this is a bug or meant to occur I would really appreciate the clarification. Great hack so far,

-Renton
It's intended, you can see it in the list of notes about the game. As for what purpose it serves, I'm not sure.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Sincerest apologies for this late reply--my computer started having various issues that I have finally repaired! So, while I was fixing my main computer, I thought up of plenty of new ideas! Fortunately, I have a substitute laptop that, although inferior and broken in some ways, brought me to do a few more things with the hack. Here are a few samples for y'all :)
1N7aUzD.png
5cRq5Lq.png
qMrJf3V.png
gtI0BoQ.png

I have been working mostly on the new Pokemon data and over world sprites for a few of them, as evidenced by the screens here. The XY Pokemon are complete! All that is left is their forms, which is slightly more complicated due to the way cries are sorted for the 3rd generation Pokemon (Pokemon that I will be replacing.) A few other things:

Rather than making the Sevii Islands a second quest, I have decided to make it accessible during the main quest for a couple of reasons:
1) earlier access to the 6th generation Pokemon, which means more variety for the main game.
2) more trainers to battle. Obviously, more experience without necessitating to VS Seeker grinding. It makes it easier to raise Pokemon that evolve very late. This is also meant to ameliorate the sharp difficulty increase from after the events in Lavender Tower.
3) adding new team members after defeating the Elite Four is slightly complicated when the trainers are only getting stronger.
4) earlier access to the breeding facility without necessitating to moving it to Kanto.

The quest is going to be completely optional. You will be able to go to the Sevii Islands after defeating Lt. Surge. Completing the Sevii Islands quest will unlock Elite Four rematches with XY Pokemon in their teams and maybe a sort of Champion's arena where it is 6v6 with the strongest trainers I could make. Along with the XY Pokemon comes Kalos Rush. As it is a lot of work, it might take me a month or more to release the next version.

A few other notes and things I am working on:
Spoiler:
s.

The latest release has a few errors that have now been corrected.
Spoiler:

That's all for now.

Does this hack include the Physical/Special Split ?

Of course! :)

It says so on the first post.

I haven't tried out this hack yet but it looks amazing and I'll be sure to soon! I love Kanto and it'll be interesting playing through it with different Pokemon. Question though since I haven't seen it stated--and it should probably be added in the first post as clarification; Do the generation 5 Pokemon replace the older Pokemon, or were they added in?

Yes, the generation 5 and 6 Pokemon replace the older Pokemon. The most tedious work was complete before expansion instructions were made public. And yeah, I should mention this in the first post.

you should add more moves for the next version such as gyro ball, electro ball, techno blast, heavy slam ..... i hope so ............happy

I am working on them. :)

Uhh, need help locating the second stone merchant in Cinnabar, I looked All over Cinnabar Island and he is nowhere to be found.

The merchant's location has been changed in a later release. I simply forgot to update the first post >_<. It's updated now. Sorry about this!

I went to the Aqua Tail tutor, and somehow Lilligant can learn Aqua Tail in this game (I didn't teach because Lilligant's attack stat is horrible). Is this normal? Also, is Secret Power the only special coverage move Lilligant learns here?

That is indeed an oversight and will be corrected in the next release. Lilligant should be able to learn Focus Blast in this hack. You can find the TM in Seafoam Islands.

-Renton

Thank you. Yes, it is intended for the people who skip trainers, but hit a roadblock with Lt. Surge. There is also a TM in the S.S. Anne that could not be obtained anywhere else. It's a bit of a lazy solution--the first problem is solved with the VS Seeker and the second one with making the same item obtainable elsewhere with the same flag. I was also planning on using the S.S. Anne truck for a legendary, but I ultimately decided on Unknown Dungeon. :P

Where exactly is he in the Safari Zone? because I've been trying to find him for the past 3 hours...

It used to obtainable in the Safari Zone until I completely redid wild Pokemon locations. You should be able to find it in the Cinnabar Mansion.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Good game!

Nitpick: One of the hikers in Rock Tunnel mentions Onix if you speak to him again after defeated. I can't remember which one unfortunately.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
I'm playing 0.94 and my game totally freezes if I try to switch my Pokemon. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I patched with a clean FireRed v1.0 ROM.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Good game!

Nitpick: One of the hikers in Rock Tunnel mentions Onix if you speak to him again after defeated. I can't remember which one unfortunately.

Thanks! I'll get to changing that very soon!

I'm playing 0.94 and my game totally freezes if I try to switch my Pokemon. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I patched with a clean FireRed v1.0 ROM.

The ROM base I am using is Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels), to be precise. I have no clue why this would happen, though. Did you start with 0.94?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Thanks! I'll get to changing that very soon!

The ROM base I am using is Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels), to be precise. I have no clue why this would happen, though. Did you start with 0.94?

I did start with 0.94, but I used a different ROM to patch. I will try to use the Squirrels rom base and see what happens.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
Hey so im back again with a few more questions and bugs to report. So I've just defeated the 5th gym leader (Koga) and I was making my way to Seafoam Islands for quite possibly my first legendary encounter. However, before departing I visited the house at the very end of Fuchsia city which resulted into a black screen. I had to restart where I last saved and to test that it wasn't a one time error I tried entering the house again and it resulted into the same problem. So I do not know what lies in that house but I just wanted to report this bug to you if you weren't aware of it before. Also, how do I evolve me Gurdurr? it's level 50 now and I completely forget that it evolves by trade (since most gba hacks it evolves at level 50) so I was wondering what the alternative evolutionary method was for him. Cheers,

-Renton

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Implementing Kalos Pokemon is pretty cool. In addition, this will be one of the first hacks that's mostly just Fire Red that allows access to the Sevii Islands early, if at all.
A few questions, however:
a. Will we be given Kalos starters, or will we have to look for them in the wild?
b. Is it possible to implement Stance Change for Aegislash, or will it be handled differently?

Looking forward to it.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
492qorX.png
OWjnJWv.png
G0Pnqay.png
bqN0iMp.png

Hey so im back again with a few more questions and bugs to report. So I've just defeated the 5th gym leader (Koga) and I was making my way to Seafoam Islands for quite possibly my first legendary encounter. However, before departing I visited the house at the very end of Fuchsia city which resulted into a black screen. I had to restart where I last saved and to test that it wasn't a one time error I tried entering the house again and it resulted into the same problem. So I do not know what lies in that house but I just wanted to report this bug to you if you weren't aware of it before. Also, how do I evolve me Gurdurr? it's level 50 now and I completely forget that it evolves by trade (since most gba hacks it evolves at level 50) so I was wondering what the alternative evolutionary method was for him. Cheers,

-Renton

Hm... not sure why that is happening. Can you enter the other trainer houses? Another one is located in the route between Saffron City and Vermilion City. Try and see if the game freezes upon entering that one as it is most similar to the one located south of Fuschia. The other is located right before Victory Road; you might want to save before entering that one, too. The house works fine for me, although I am not very certain if it was the house I found an issue and fixed it. All the house has is a few move tutors.

You can evolve Gurdurr with the Trade Stone, which is obtainable after the Silph Co events in Saffron City. The merchant who sells this stone is placed right in front of Saffron City's Pokemart.

I did start with 0.94, but I used a different ROM to patch. I will try to use the Squirrels rom base and see what happens.

Let me know what happens.

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Implementing Kalos Pokemon is pretty cool. In addition, this will be one of the first hacks that's mostly just Fire Red that allows access to the Sevii Islands early, if at all.
A few questions, however:
a. Will we be given Kalos starters, or will we have to look for them in the wild?
b. Is it possible to implement Stance Change for Aegislash, or will it be handled differently?

Looking forward to it.

I am planning to make the Kalos starters given to the player. I'm thinking of making the order of which they can be obtained dependent on the starter the player chose. One will most likely be obtained as a reward for completing the first part of the Sevii Islands quest.

For now, it is basically going to be a stronger Doublade.

Years
Oh my, that's such a clever replacement for the Onix. I honestly love everything about this hack, it's so smooth and well-polished! The execution and idea is so elegant, I really enjoyed playing too. Good luck!

Back