• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yellow hack: Evo-Yellow - All Pokemon Follow, Evolve Pikachu, catchable 250+ pokemon, alt. Minimalist 151 vers and Eevee/Meowth Starter Versions

If I made a spin-off version with a different 1-evo pokemon starter, which would you want most?

• Meowth (I strongly lean this way because Team Rocket had following Meowth/ kitty is cute.)

Votes: 125 26.0%
  • Magikarp (might be hard to draw emotions... I mean, it's a fish)

Votes: 53 11.0%
  • Vulpix

Votes: 91 18.9%
  • Eevee - with one Happiness evo only, alas; other evos in wild. Rival has other Eevee evo or Pikachu.

Votes: 187 38.9%
  • Other (Light, black, or Pikachu-similar palettes preferred so I don't have to mess with it >_>)

Votes: 25 5.2%

• Total voters

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Just a few things to note;

1: Squirtle/wortortle/blastoise's overworld sprite is as it should be yet in the party summery its a goldeen. I find that wierd lol.

Also there are custom sprites used for the party summery screen in other gen1/gen2 hacks that are also used as overworld sprites in the same games, I highly reccomend you using those sprites for all overworld instances if you're able.

2: A lot of moves seem underpowered for some reason. Cut is supposed to be base 60 yet when used by Scyther it does small amounts of damage, and meanwhile Metal Claw seems to do way more damage than cut should. It could be my imagination but you probobly should look at the base powers of each attack.

3: Tauros seems to have next to no moves in it's level up set. Mine just learned Zen Headbutt but it should be picked up sooner than 36 last I checked.I could be wrong though.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So I'm trying this hack out again to see the new features. The newest version is a definite improvement. I love that the first pokemon in your party follows you. I still wish there was a github page or something where I could see what stat and movepool changes have been made. Thanks (again?) longlostsoldier for making this.

Two big issues:
1. As Chu2Bomb mentioned, the Pikachu cry is messed up. The game is nearly unplayable until Pikachu evolves because the beginning of every battle with it lags a lot.
2. IMHO, this game is way too easy, sometimes to a strange degree. I would love to see a hard version.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
So I'm trying this hack out again to see the new features. The newest version is a definite improvement. I love that the first pokemon in your party follows you. I still wish there was a github page or something where I could see what stat and movepool changes have been made. Thanks (again?) longlostsoldier for making this.

Two big issues:
1. As Chu2Bomb mentioned, the Pikachu cry is messed up. The game is nearly unplayable until Pikachu evolves because the beginning of every battle with it lags a lot.
2. IMHO, this game is way too easy, sometimes to a strange degree. I would love to see a hard version.

That explains why my retroarch seemed to crash at the start of the battle.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2024
so I started playing, and for some reason, Pikachu's cry when coming to battle is some eldritch scream of horror that last way too long, and the game crashes (and when not is a messed up sprite thing) when trying to change held items.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
The female sprite changes to the male one when you start the game.
If you look at the menu it shows the correct sprite but otherwise it's the male one.Only for the 3.1 patch though, the previous ones worked fine for both sprites

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
What pokemon yellow rom and emu will work for this hack?

Pikachu's cry takes too long and when I give a item to a pokemon the game freezes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Getting the same problems with the Female Trainer Sprite, the Pikachu male and Female that are caught by aok are either yellow but sometimes blue or pink (???) and the everlasting Pikachu Cry at the start of the first battle... Also the male Oak assistants seem to be only able to say "this is a free pokemon hack"... for me 3.1 is unplayable, tryed in multiple emulators =(

Also do you have plans to add a Goldlike Overworld graphic mod, like the Pokemon Red DX hack?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
What I'm going to be looking into in my free time and hopefully during that OP fixes the issue but if not. I'm going to look into fixing the cry myself at the very least a little hack fix and just removing the pikachu cry.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Any link to the V3.0 ips around?
If 3.1 is unplayable, maybe the 3.1 will do...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
What is the move list for Pikachu? One play through, I got a lot of moves on one level-up. but my second play through, I didn't get those moves on level-up. Is it a happiness meter thing?

Years
Don't know if its answered in the thread already but I have a problem.I patched to a clean Yellow but when I send out Pikachu for the first time against Gary the game freezes.I'm playing on Gameyob3DS if it matters.

Years
Oh,haha.My little issue may be because i had downloaded a very old release.I'll restart with the newest.Game looks great OP. :)

Edit:Nevermind,still can't get past part where you fight Gary first time.Still crashing even on VBA.I wish I knew the exact clean yellowrom name to look for.

Edit2:Found the root of the problem,its the item (blank space) Chow.It says its holding "Chow" but has no item icon and when i switch the Chow with anything else like Berry Juice it crashes...I'm on V3.1 if it helps.

Last edited:

SeleneHime

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I'll t
Years
Hmm. I belatedly realized there was a new patch available and started a fresh file. For some reason playing as a girl still gives me the male overworld sprite? Not a big deal, just letting you know. (I can always continue my old file if 3.1 is buggy. I hadn't beaten it yet. ^^)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 20, 2018
How can you patch this to make it work what yellow rom do you need i have andro zip and rom patcher

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 20, 2018
At the beggining after i patch and i get pikachu and battle gary when pikachu comes out in battle he doesnt have his voice and makes a glitched cry that freezes the game for boit 5 seconds then fixes but does it everytime pikachu is sent out. What version rom do i need to patch 3.1 to?

Years
At the beggining after i patch and i get pikachu and battle gary when pikachu comes out in battle he doesnt have his voice and makes a glitched cry that freezes the game for boit 5 seconds then fixes but does it everytime pikachu is sent out. What version rom do i need to patch 3.1 to?
I get that glitch as well on my Android phone.

Back