• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Perfect Crystal (Updated 5th of April 2019) - Original Version

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
Well, you really opened yourself up for improvement by naming this Perfect Crystal.
So, I'mma let you have it.
I'll ask for an overhaul of the breeding system. What I mean is I would like a way to breed pokemon with the special moves only gotten through giveaway pokemon. For example, the Lovely Kiss Nidoran male, or the Surfing or Flying Pikachus/Pichus
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_distributions_in_Generation_II
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Gotta_Catch_%27Em_All_event_Pok%C3%A9mon

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 1, 2022
This is an incredible job! I'm playing the videogame right now on my real Gameboy Color with the GB Smart Card and it's amazing, I'm 10 years old again!

But I have a question, is there any way to make the patch compatible with another languages, like the Spanish version? (that's my mother language) or it's totally impossible?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen May 14, 2018
Thanks for this work! Btw, any hints about starters locations? I really want to have all six starters. :)

darthbr

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Hi, first of all, thanks for the hack, i was looking for that, im playing in my 3DS Virtual console ;))
2-) I tried this morning, since 08:00 till 08:49 for a Bulbasaur in Ilex Forest, the encounter is 1% right, but i think its not working, wow 1 hour for this? :(

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen May 25, 2018
Thanks for this amazing hack! Where is the dept store which has elemental stones for sale? Can't find it anywhere

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
How can I know if I actually patched the rom? I don't know how to see the checksum of 413C. Any tips? I don't want to start a gameplay with an vanilla crystal

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
Update (25/06/2018)

• The readme file has been updated with the secret locations for the legendary birds and Mew at the bottom of the document. (Keep scrolling)

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
Uhm im at mt silver cant find the legendairy birds can i get a screenshot?

Mt_Silver_2F_GSC.png

You need to go into one of the chambers that needs waterfall to access and then they have a 1% chance of appearing with a different bird in the morning, day and night.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
Yeah just a thing here ive defeated red ag Mount silver but i cant get the gs ball what to do?

If you go into the Goldenrod Pokemon Center, maybe take a step or 2 off the mat and then walk out. It should trigger. It does for me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 23, 2019
How can play it on Android phones because I tried to patch it but it doesn't work.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Hey did you by any chance use the github source? If so, would you mind doing me a favor? Can you make a patch that changes the Max_Level variable to 250? I really like your hack but also like to level up a lot lol. It's super easy to change, too. Also how often can you rematch the gym leaders?

Years
Idk if you're still interested in updating this hack but I found a nasty bug.
When you stopped the badge effects from affecting your monsters' stats, you seem to have also prevented the badges from causing traded pokemon to obey you past level 10.
I traded a Bellsprout for an Onix from the NPC in Violet City, earned the Zephyrbadge which is is supposed to allow outsiders up to level 20 to obey you, and got my Onix to level 11. Then it stopped obeying me.

TL;DR: Pokemon received in ingame trades are broken.
I used a save editor to hack my Onix into sharing my ID number so it will obey me again, but it lost the XP boost its supposed to have for being traded. Is there any chance you might fix it?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
Idk if you're still interested in updating this hack but I found a nasty bug.
When you stopped the badge effects from affecting your monsters' stats, you seem to have also prevented the badges from causing traded pokemon to obey you past level 10.
I traded a Bellsprout for an Onix from the NPC in Violet City, earned the Zephyrbadge which is is supposed to allow outsiders up to level 20 to obey you, and got my Onix to level 11. Then it stopped obeying me.

TL;DR: Pokemon received in ingame trades are broken.
I used a save editor to hack my Onix into sharing my ID number so it will obey me again, but it lost the XP boost its supposed to have for being traded. Is there any chance you might fix it?

You need to defeat Bugsy and get the second badge for the traded Onyx to obey you above lvl 10. This is the same as in normal Crystal. It was changed in the remakes to the 1st badge like you are expecting, it seems, according to my Internet research.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jul 28, 2022
Hey SuperEgz, I love your hack but do you think you'd be willing to make your disassembly public on GitHub?

Back