Advertiser Content

Past Seasons What old anime you are watching?

Started by hotsushi-kun February 15th, 2019 9:03 AM
  • 21 replies

IAmShaymin

Age 19
Male
U.S.
Seen June 25th, 2019
Posted May 16th, 2019
34 posts
303 Days
In terms of previous seasons, I'm watching Little Witch Academia and Toradora. Glad to hear that you're watching Assasination Classroom. I finished that one recently and now it's one of my favorites.
Profile picture credit to Muxicalm

Ash

Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted November 4th, 2019
13,470 posts
11.4 Years
The last old anime I watched was Cardcaptor Sakura after I watched Clear Card and I wanted to rewatch/reread the series from beginning to end. Think I've watched a little bit of older seasons of Pokemon as well if that counts. Nothing recent though, as the only anime I'm watching in general right now is bnha.

hotsushi-kun

Male
Nis, Serbia
Seen September 27th, 2019
Posted July 4th, 2019
338 posts
299 Days
Glad to hear that you're watching Assasination Classroom. I finished that one recently and now it's one of my favorites.
Thanks, i am glad you like it. The story is nice, but the plot is hilarious if you ask me. Its an mixture of action and comedy, after all.

Also, i also occassionally watch old Pokemon anime as well, but not very much as often.

(sorry for my poor English)

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 1 Minute Ago
Posted 1 Minute Ago
20,676 posts
7.6 Years
I recently watched through Hanamonogatari

Percy

Male
Asia
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
2,990 posts
5.3 Years
i'm watching the monogatari series for the first time. not that old just a little bit. went with the broadcasting order. currently at owarimonogatari. and tbh, it was hard to get into since it has too many episodes. but bakemonogatari was a good one, so was nekomonogatari and nisemonogatari. nisemonogatari was awesome but monogatari 2nd season was better. its an uphill downhill journey, there are times where i'm super interested or the opposite. but overall, enjoying it 👌

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!

Male
Dragonspiral Tower/Metro Detroit (313), Michigan
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
3,884 posts
2.4 Years
I'm currently watching the dub of Ghost Stories which was a mediocre anime from the early 2000s that failed in Japan and was turned into a gem by the American dub of it
Be strong, TheUncreativeSawsbuckFan. You're perfect as you are
"Do what you feel, the more absurd the better
Don't be afraid whatever you got, show
Flaunt your personality"

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 30
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
11,108 posts
5.2 Years
I am currently watching Darling in the FranXX, which is not the mecha series I was looking for. Not at all. The mechs actually creep me the psyduck out because they have anime faces. The plot is boring as all get out, the cast is obnoxious, and the soundtrack isn't very good either. I may drop it and rewatch a Gundam series or something...it's been a few years since I watched Zeta.
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
21 posts
85 Days
Fairy Tail. But for an old anime that I can watch time and time again, have to say slam dunk and POT

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'

Age 94
Shimoda City
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
9,591 posts
12.1 Years
I am now watching Suite Precure, the best magical girl series ever made...which is also 8 years old now. Yikes.
Kanade best girl.

In the local college anime club (which I'm still invited to because I'm an alum) it's pretty much all older series. Of our current lineup, Azumanga Daioh is probably the oldest and Yuru Yuri is the best of the 7 or shows we watch on a weekly basis.

As for shows I'm watching on my own? Well, how's this for old(ish) AND obscure? Binbou Shimai Monogatari, from 2006. It's a slice of life about two sisters living alone in a run-down apartment (mother died, dad accumulated huge gambling debts and vanished) and how they're getting by with the little money the older sister makes delivering newspapers. With a little help from friends and others that they know.

A really cute, laid back series - how did I not hear of this hidden gem when it first came out?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 22
Male
Milaturia.
Online now
Posted 6 Hours Ago
5,223 posts
10.9 Years
Currently watching Mob Psycho 100 season 2, and things sure took a turn after episode 5...and not in the way I was expecting. But this show is good, and I love the style of the animation.

...I'm also watching trash like Battle Athletes and Tsuki wa Higashi.
Theme: Leo Tsukinaga
Pair: Go

MysticalNinetales

Age 19
Female
Canada
Seen 41 Minutes Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
633 posts
2 Years
I'm presently watching Anohana! I started it a week or so ago as I was looking for interesting anime on Netflix and I was pleasantly surprised when I came across it. So far it's been marvelous and I especially love how fleshed out and unique all of the characters are. It's such a shame there's only one season!
Male
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
89 posts
138 Days
A couple of days ago, I started watching Shakugan no Shana. It has this 2000s vibe, from its visuals to the music. While I'm not too keen on Shana's interactions with other characters, I really enjoy watching other characters interact with each other. It also makes anxious because I can see that they're setting up a heart-wrenching rejection scene ;~;

Soaring Sid

Yoom...Tah!!

Age 17
Male
India
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
670 posts
122 Days
"Omae wamou shindeiru!"
Began watching Fist of the North Star. Apparently Hirohiko Araki was inspired by this anime.

<~Trent (from this place) says the Wigglytuff circus above leads you to a nuzlockle run and credits Haychel for the avatar!

Pig

Not Frankie Muniz

Age 24
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
221 posts
1.5 Years
Omg I just started rewatching Ouran Host Club. I got the DVDs for Christmas YEARS ago and I still have them, so I popped them in and remembered how much I loved it.
Thinking about reading the manga since it apparently has more character/story detail and goes further than the anime.
𝓟𝓪𝓲𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓛𝓲𝓶𝓮𝔂-𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷❤

Meadow

Connected World

Age 23
Road to Tomorrow
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
10,350 posts
12.4 Years
Just got around to finishing the last 30-40 episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V a couple weeks ago, and now I'm in the middle of re-watching the entirety of VRAINS! The latter is technically still recent haha, but hey, it already ended, so...!

Also, I've started watching a 2013 anime named Gundam Build Fighters. Despite knowing absolutely nothing about the Gundam franchise, I'm actually really loving this series so far!

"Anyone can connect with anyone, just as anything can connect with anything. That's all there is to life—an endless series of connections. Even when there's no solution, people grow stronger to keep searching for connections."

YGO ClubWright Anything Agency#TeamTrivia
Advertiser Content