• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Vega Minus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 15, 2023
Has anyone been able to get this running smoothly on any R4 emulators for 3DS? I've been trying to get it to work on gbaemu4DS but it gets really laggy and choppy around the intro and crashes

ET

PAINT MY CHICKEN COOP
Years
i'm playing the new update (fairy patch) and the moves amnesia and nasty plot freeze the game

I also ran into this issue on mGBA 0.7.2 with the most recent (Fairy) patch. Through testing I found the moves worked fine with VBA-M but froze up the game every time with mGBA.

Turns out it was the animations that mGBA didn't like for whatever reason. I changed the animation of Amnesia to use Meditate's and the move now works fine with mGBA. I could not find Nasty Plot's move data through any of my tools since it is a "new" move and I am not much for hex editing etc so I welcome somebody else to give it a crack if they'd like to.

I whipped up a quick patch with Amnesia fixed on the latest Fairy patch for Vega Minus. Feel free to grab it for your own use if you have the same issues. For Nasty Plot, I will continue to rewind (mGBA best GBA) out of the enemy's uses of the move as a workaround. Beats going back to VBA... 😂

View attachment (Amnesia Fixed) Vega Minus 20190420 - Fairy Patch.ips

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2019
I'm playing Pokémon Vega Fairy patch and Yolkid isn't evolving when i use evolution stones (Water, Leeaf, Sun and Moon Stone). Does someone have the same problem?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 24, 2021
i think i found a bug,im playing th efairy patch of pokemon vega minus and everything was cool till i tried to capture dialga and palkia, i investigate and see that to get then you need to capture moltres, zapdos, articuno and nemea, well, i capture already the 3 birds plus the 3 dogs, ho oh and lugia and the meteorite trio, im in victory road, and it seens that everytime i go to chateu of time theres nothing no dialga and palkia, i think its a bug because they should be in there at this point, without then i cant catch darkrai, mewtwo and mew and complete the pokedex, if im doing something wrong please tell me, or if this is really abug please tell me what to do

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 15, 2023
is there a list for learnsets for the fairy patch?
oh and is glamarde supposed to lose trace after it evolves?

Last edited:
Years
Hey.

Turns out I couldn't stay away from romhacks forever. Almost exactly two years after my last release, I'm releasing version 1.1, which fixes a couple significant bugs/oversights, most notably the Amnesia/Nasty Plot crash on mGBA (I don't really know what causes it, I just reverted one of the particles back to vanilla lol).

Couple other things:
- Raikou and Entei had Roar because I had lowered their level to 40. This was bad. They no longer have Roar. (They also can't learn it at all anymore cause I was lazy but I don't think anyone will miss it)
- Fixed up the Tower of Darkness cutscene a bit more

Enjoy, and thanks for playing.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y0ohtwcvsnzfi4l/Pokemon_Vega_Minus_1.1.zip/file

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 21, 2022
since u can get headbutt b4 post game, does anyone know if u can headbutt trees in route 514 b4 postgame?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 4, 2021
Hey! I'm really interested in trying out Pokemon Vega Minus, but I heard that the plot is a direct continuation of another rom hack called Altair. As far as I'm aware, Vega has a minus version, but Altair is as hard as it was in the JP version. I know I could skip ahead and just play Vega, but I really want to play them sequentially. I just can't stand the endless grind of the harder Pokemon rom hacks. This is my very long way of asking, is there any chance we could see a Pokemon Altair Minus, too? If you guys did this, I'd be a very, very happy guy!

Also, I know I need to take things one step at a time, but when Procyon is finished and translated, could we please have a Minus version for that as well? Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

Years
Hey man. Unfortunately I very rarely do Pokemon hacking anymore, and on average I probably remember about this project like 3-4 times a year and check the thread. So no, there won't be an Altair Minus. Sorry.

That said, my interests can shift like the wind, so if Procyon/Deneb get their full translations, there's a chance I could be motivated back into it. Who knows? That's not a guarantee at all, though.

Back