Feedback & Support All things related to PokéCommunity, from feedback and ideas to support and questions.

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #601    
Old April 9th, 2017 (9:50 AM).
gimmepie's Avatar
gimmepie gimmepie is offline
Forest's Curse
  • Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
  • PokéCommunity Daily
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
Posts: 16,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbylicious View Post
Snip
I won't talk about whether the Moderoids did their job or not because I wasn't around to see anything and don't have any involvement with Discord's moderation, I'll leave that up to the relevant people.

In the future though, if you have issues with specific members please do not call them out in public like this. Instead you should report them directly to the relevant staff member - in this case the Discord Moderoids. If you still think your situation wasn't handled correctly after that, you approach a member of PCs higher staff.
__________________
 
PHANTUMP

Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #602    
Old April 9th, 2017 (10:42 AM).
McCree's Avatar
McCree McCree is offline
yes they change
  • Discord Moderoid
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: canadiadanada
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 5,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbylicious View Post
the discord needs more moderation and to stop feeling so cliquey.

i have already been bullied for saying that a was a furry and was called a "furhag" and I reported this issue to the staff but they did nothing

after that, the users @fletchling and @talonflame were also so rude and condescending towards me, with fletchling even having the nerve to post my private messages to them in the public chat for everyone to see, which then had me seen as a public joke with everyone talking about me behind my back, something i do not appreciate.

after they they all bullied me off the discord
What you perceive as "cliques" are just legitimate friendships formed between the regular users of the server. You could be a part of those friendships too if you changed your attitude. But instead, you join the server and immediately start baiting people about how the staff and PC users are all white and potentially racists.

I agree that some users in the chat disrespected you if you are indeed a furry. But your approach to reporting them, from what I can see from reading the logs, was pretty poor. Instead of @ing the staff, you should have messaged them directly and let the chat go on as normal. Instead, you kept complaining in the chatroom and saying more baity things.

I'm sorry you were bullied off of the Discord, but let's be real, you set yourself up for it. I suggest you go back and read everything that was said since you joined, Jake, and perhaps you'll gain some perspective on how you present yourself to others that have never met you.
Reply With Quote
  #603    
Old April 9th, 2017 (11:27 PM).
Hands's Avatar
Hands Hands is offline
I was saying Boo-urns
     
    Join Date: Aug 2016
    Age: 27
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 1,559
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bobbylicious View Post
    the discord needs more moderation and to stop feeling so cliquey.

    i have already been bullied for saying that a was a furry and was called a "fur***" and I reported this issue to the staff but they did nothing

    after that, the users @fletchling and @talonflame were also so rude and condescending towards me, with fletchling even having the nerve to post my private messages to them in the public chat for everyone to see, which then had me seen as a public joke with everyone talking about me behind my back, something i do not appreciate.

    after they they all bullied me off the discord
    In future if you are having problems with people in the Discord server could you please take a screenshot and message it to me directly (either here or in the Discord) and I will assess and action as necessary. I wasn't online when your incident took place, but looking at what I've seen it seems as if there was pushing on both sides. The Discord certainly isn't a clique though.
    Reply With Quote
      #604    
    Old April 10th, 2017 (4:53 AM).
    Bobbylicious Bobbylicious is offline
    Banned
       
      Join Date: Mar 2012
      Location: Australia
      Age: 21
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Naughty
      Posts: 925
      Well say what you want and I do appreciate the feedback too but when a group of people bound together to make someone feel uncomfortable and Unwelcomed, I call thet a clique
      Reply With Quote
        #605    
      Old May 6th, 2017 (6:36 AM).
      Maruno's Avatar
      Maruno Maruno is offline
      Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
         
        Join Date: Jan 2008
        Location: England
        Posts: 5,185
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
        I notice that the Game Development section (or rather, the two sub-sections it now is) now has five moderators, rather than the one it had previously. I didn't see an announcement about these extra appointments, nor has the quality of moderation in Game Dev improved at all (it'd be noticeable if it did).

        I can therefore only assume this is a matter of wonky moderating permissions caused by the recent reshuffling of the forum. The extra four people are, I presume, all ROM Hacking mods who somehow gained permission to moderate Game Dev; meanwhile, the moderator of Game Dev has no such permission to moderate any of the ROM Hacking sections.

        It's been a month now. Maybe no one noticed this imbalance/outright mistake, maybe no one cared enough to fix it (neither possibility reflects well on the staff). I can't believe it was intentional, given the incredibly minimal overlap between the two disciplines. When is it going to be rectified?
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Goku View Post
        It is a result of the permissions change/forum changes and it can be fixed easily. Though if you noticed it a month ago and are just now bringing it to our attention, I question why you waited so long. It was obviously something that slipped someone's mind. Thanks.
        This has still not been fixed, despite being something that "can be fixed easily". Seems like your minds are more slippery than you thought.
        __________________
        Go to the Pokémon Essentials Wiki

        | Downloads | Tutorials | Fangames |
        | All Animations Project |

        Follow me on Twitter: @maruno42


        Reply With Quote
          #606    
        Old May 6th, 2017 (7:22 AM).
        Sheep's Avatar
        Sheep Sheep is offline
        • Administrator
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Oct 2006
        Age: 26
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Bashful
        Posts: 22,124
        For the record, this should now be fixed.
        __________________

        . pair family twin mal lv llsif .
        Reply With Quote
          #607    
        Old June 19th, 2017 (4:22 AM).
        Kristaok's Avatar
        Kristaok Kristaok is offline
           
          Join Date: Dec 2016
          Location: Sniffing out your sock puppets
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Brave
          Posts: 42
          Be forewarned all new members; the mods are VERY biased, HIGHLY liberal, they hate conservatives / fundamentalists. They hate religion and God, they have a VERY atheistic and even satanistic stance. If you read through this section along with other feedback sections you'll see that they hate negative feedback, they can't take it, they ask for it but when someone says the truth the clique attacks.

          I don't intend to respond because quite frankly I'm not going to get in the mud and wrestle with em...

          They make new members feel unwelcome especially conservatives, which is nothing new considering sadly today most forums are slanted like this one.

          Mods should make members feel welcome but that isn't so here, and if you tell them how ya feel they'll act like a bunch of 10 year olds and argue with you about it and even try to take jabs at you, which quite frankly don't work on me. Just to prove my points keep a watch on this post and it won't be long before I get attacked for my "negative feedback".
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #608    
          Old June 19th, 2017 (5:17 AM).
          Nah's Avatar
          Nah Nah is offline
          • Moderator
           
          Join Date: Nov 2013
          Location: over there
          Age: 25
          Gender: Female
          Posts: 11,650
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kristaok View Post
          Be forewarned all new members; the mods are VERY biased, HIGHLY liberal, they hate conservatives / fundamentalists. They hate religion and God, they have a VERY atheistic and even satanistic stance. If you read through this section along with other feedback sections you'll see that they hate negative feedback, they can't take it, they ask for it but when someone says the truth the clique attacks.

          I don't intend to respond because quite frankly I'm not going to get in the mud and wrestle with em...

          They make new members feel unwelcome especially conservatives, which is nothing new considering sadly today most forums are slanted like this one.

          Mods should make members feel welcome but that isn't so here, and if you tell them how ya feel they'll act like a bunch of 10 year olds and argue with you about it and even try to take jabs at you, which quite frankly don't work on me. Just to prove my points keep a watch on this post and it won't be long before I get attacked for my "negative feedback".
          Provide examples showing my (and/or gimmepie's) bias or agenda or hatred of conservatives or us doing things to make people feel unwelcome or our.....devil worship....

          And I mean links to specific posts, not "just go look at the Discussions & Debates section".
          __________________
          NAH

          "Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

          D&D6th Gen
          Reply With Quote
            #609    
          Old June 19th, 2017 (7:57 AM).
          JokerBen's Avatar
          JokerBen JokerBen is offline
          Director of Pokémon Nobelium
             
            Join Date: Nov 2012
            Location: Indiana, United States
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 222
            I have had very good experiences with staff here. As a Moderator on a fairly large Minecraft server, I appreciate (and can relate to) the daily stresses and the hard work of any staff team on a forum environment such as this, particularly the PC staff team.

            Though I've been on this site since ~2012, I felt welcome when I made this account in Fall of 2016. The staff has been very good to me, especially an experience I had regarding some drama on my introduction page that was swiftly solved by that section's moderator.

            When my fan game reached publishing stages, the Game Development moderators moved it into the showcase within twelve hours of my asking.

            In my nearing five years of being a part of this community, I have yet to have a bad experience with a bad staff member.
            Reply With Quote
              #610    
            Old June 19th, 2017 (8:01 AM).
            stars's Avatar
            stars stars is online now
            • Super Moderator
            • Platinum Tier
            • Discord Moderoid
             
            Join Date: Nov 2007
            Location: Skaia
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Naive
            Posts: 28,076
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Kristaok View Post
            Be forewarned all new members; the mods are VERY biased, HIGHLY liberal, they hate conservatives / fundamentalists. They hate religion and God, they have a VERY atheistic and even satanistic stance. If you read through this section along with other feedback sections you'll see that they hate negative feedback, they can't take it, they ask for it but when someone says the truth the clique attacks.
            Nice of you to give feedback. Some of this, I'm not sure we can do much about though. We don't enforce some kind of common political or religious opinion across our staff teams; just like any member, each mod is allowed to be as liberal or unreligious as they want. As long as they don't harass or discriminate others who don't share their views, just like what we expect from any member here. That being said, we all make mistakes or have lapses of bad judgment every now and then.

            If this concerns a particular case or person rather than the staff team at large, it is better if you Private Message the mod in question and try to resolve the issue privately, or if you don't feel comfortable doing that you can message a admin about it so we can help you sort it out calmly.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Kristaok View Post
            I don't intend to respond because quite frankly I'm not going to get in the mud and wrestle with em...
            Not even if we respond fairly and actually want to listen to you?

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Kristaok View Post
            They make new members feel unwelcome especially conservatives, which is nothing new considering sadly today most forums are slanted like this one.

            Mods should make members feel welcome but that isn't so here, and if you tell them how ya feel they'll act like a bunch of 10 year olds and argue with you about it and even try to take jabs at you, which quite frankly don't work on me. Just to prove my points keep a watch on this post and it won't be long before I get attacked for my "negative feedback".
            In general we really do try to have the people who look after the areas of PokéCommunity be as helpful and fair as possible. If you feel like the moderator team in general are bad at this, examples (links to posts and messages) will help us understand your feedback if we don't initially see what you mean, just like Nah says.

            But, again, if there is a particular case where this has gone wrong, please message the moderator and talk to them about it, or message an admin so we can help you and the moderator understand each other.
            __________________

            paired to a seeker
            Reply With Quote
              #611    
            Old June 19th, 2017 (10:37 AM).
            Incineroar's Avatar
            Incineroar Incineroar is online now
            the spirit of the fighter
            • Moderator
            • Platinum Tier
            • Developer
             
            Join Date: May 2009
            Location: Iki Town
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Brave
            Posts: 13,555
            For the record, I don't know what started this, and I don't feel that I'm going to delve into this to see, so I'll remain quite neutral/impartial on this. Anyways,
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Kristaok View Post
            Be forewarned all new members; the mods are VERY biased, HIGHLY liberal, they hate conservatives / fundamentalists. They hate religion and God, they have a VERY atheistic and even satanistic stance. If you read through this section along with other feedback sections you'll see that they hate negative feedback, they can't take it, they ask for it but when someone says the truth the clique attacks.
            Personally, if I receive negative feedback, I'll be quick to address it because I'd like to know where I went wrong and see how I can rectify it. I'm pretty sure the other staff here are the same, too, so while there may be a large volume of staff replying to one negative post, it's not because we're threatened or anything by it, it's because we'd like to know what went wrong so we can address it not just for that user, but for all users down the road.

            Anyways, on the topic of stances, this community has members from all reaches of the planet, and not everyone here will agree on things. This has happened many times before in many sections of the site. Myself, I have no problems with religious people. I have many religious friends, and I respect them when I visit them or they visit me. I may not necessarily agree with absolutely everything that they practice, but that's their decision to do, not mine.
            Quote:
            I don't intend to respond because quite frankly I'm not going to get in the mud and wrestle with em...
            I'm not one for wrestling, either. I'll extend my hand out to have a conversation with you, let's see if we can find some common ground despite our differences and backgrounds. Feel free to send me a message here, or on PC's Discord, and I'll chat with you when I'm not preoccupied by my job or anything.
            Quote:
            They make new members feel unwelcome especially conservatives, which is nothing new considering sadly today most forums are slanted like this one.
            That may depend on what community you're visiting. However, the internet can be very unforgiving, keep this in mind. You may feel that this website may be toxic, but trust me when I say this: there is much, much worse out there.
            Quote:
            Mods should make members feel welcome but that isn't so here, and if you tell them how ya feel they'll act like a bunch of 10 year olds and argue with you about it and even try to take jabs at you, which quite frankly don't work on me. Just to prove my points keep a watch on this post and it won't be long before I get attacked for my "negative feedback".
            Let's be honest, I've seen 10-year-olds on the internet have better attitudes than some grownups, as I've seen in some Facebook groups and YouTube comment sections - PC is nothing like those. And personally, I don't call this negative feedback. If anything, I call it constructive, because it leads to conversation where we can come to a consensus on what has transpired and how we can attempt to rectify it. I don't mind feedback in the least - whether it's positive, negative, or neutral. Just don't make lies about me or the things I do and we'll probably get along fairly well.
            __________________
            Reply With Quote
              #612    
            Old June 19th, 2017 (12:40 PM). Edited June 19th, 2017 by McCree.
            McCree's Avatar
            McCree McCree is offline
            yes they change
            • Discord Moderoid
            • Platinum Tier
             
            Join Date: Dec 2006
            Location: canadiadanada
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Calm
            Posts: 5,773
            I would love to know where Kristaok is drawing these conclusions from. Also, it's embarrassing that they're willing to drop a comment but admit they have no intention of discussing. That doesn't strike me as someone very confident in their opinion! If you're going to say something, be prepared to be heard.

            I've experienced the PC staff from the inside and out. They are an upstanding bunch of people. While I do agree that the general user (including on staff) leans left politically, that's not something to hold against them. And the moderators of the Discussions & Debates forum, in particular, do an outstanding job at upholding that principle, among others.

            Krista, I implore you to come back with examples supporting your arguments. Then we can have a real discussion. Examples are the most powerful and persuasive way to force a change within the staff.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Nah View Post
            Provide examples showing my (and/or gimmepie's) bias or agenda or hatred of conservatives or us doing things to make people feel unwelcome or our.....devil worship....
            Just FYI, Satanism (and the Church of Satan) is a set of beliefs that don't necessarily involve worshipping the Devil. They only use that symbol because most of the Satanic Statements are completely contrary to what mainstream Christianity (God) will teach its followers. I don't think most Satanists actually believe in Hell or the Devil himself, however that's purely speculation. Check out www.churchofsatan.com if you're interested.

            And to relate this back to Krista - similar to political views, religious ones are not something to hold against someone else, either.

            Edit: Krista you have 39 posts. Am i being trolled rn?
            __________________
            Reply With Quote
              #613    
            Old June 19th, 2017 (1:08 PM). Edited June 20th, 2017 by gimmepie.
            gimmepie's Avatar
            gimmepie gimmepie is offline
            Forest's Curse
            • Moderator
            • Platinum Tier
            • PokéCommunity Daily
             
            Join Date: May 2012
            Location: Australia
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Mild
            Posts: 16,277
            I wasn't going to post here, but as I'm like 99% sure this is because of me, I feel kind of obligated to. Firstly, I'll be honest, there was a thread I closed where I did not word my reasoning in a way that painted a great picture. I'm perfectly happy to take responsibility for that. You make your bed, you should be prepared to lay in it.

            I will say though, that regardless of the impression anyone might have received from that one instance, I have never been biased in my moderation. I was justified in my closing of that thread as I was in the one that was posted specifically to retaliate because I closed the first one. The problem wasn't the topic, I left a similar thread open, it was the way it was handled.

            I am indeed quite left in most of my views, but I have never ever held someone's religion against them. I'm an agnostic myself, that would be a very strange thing for me to do. I assure you, and anyone else reading this, I'm not going to treat anyone poorly just because of religion.

            The only other interaction we have had aside from the threads I just mentioned, was in a discussion about the relevancy of religion in the modern era and I don't think it was wrong of me to discuss your point of view with you, or share mine. Especially as I was never anything but respectful of your beliefs.

            I don't mind being criticized, it helps me improve and I want to do that, being the best moderator here I can be is extremely important to me. It concerns me that anyone feels I'm attacking them based on their religion or political stance or abusing my position, because those are things that are very much against my own idealogy.

            If Krista, or anyone else for that matter, is concerned with how I'm handling D&D (or any other section), feel free to message me about it. I don't bite.
            __________________
             
            PHANTUMP

            Reply With Quote
              #614    
            Old June 19th, 2017 (2:58 PM).
            Kristaok's Avatar
            Kristaok Kristaok is offline
               
              Join Date: Dec 2016
              Location: Sniffing out your sock puppets
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Brave
              Posts: 42
              I'm rather surprised some have answered fairly kindly to my post, hopefully those in denial change if not the board will be void of any new user because nobody wants to feel unwelcome. I have no intentions in causing a war or hurt feelings, I just want to be treated respectfully I've had a very crappy week / life so I'm just not in a good mood here lately.
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #615    
              Old June 19th, 2017 (3:56 PM).
              Nah's Avatar
              Nah Nah is offline
              • Moderator
               
              Join Date: Nov 2013
              Location: over there
              Age: 25
              Gender: Female
              Posts: 11,650
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Kristaok View Post
              I'm rather surprised some have answered fairly kindly to my post, hopefully those in denial change if not the board will be void of any new user because nobody wants to feel unwelcome. I have no intentions in causing a war or hurt feelings, I just want to be treated respectfully I've had a very crappy week / life so I'm just not in a good mood here lately.
              Starting a war or hurting feelings is not my intent either. But if you want change to happen, then a discussion needs to be had, otherwise nothing will change.


              Quote:
              Originally Posted by McCree View Post
              Just FYI, Satanism (and the Church of Satan) is a set of beliefs that don't necessarily involve worshipping the Devil. They only use that symbol because most of the Satanic Statements are completely contrary to what mainstream Christianity (God) will teach its followers. I don't think most Satanists actually believe in Hell or the Devil himself, however that's purely speculation. Check out www.churchofsatan.com if you're interested.
              I'm aware of this actually. I just got the feeling that when Kristaok said "satanic stance" she meant more that gimme and I worship an evil god rather than that we adhere to the actual Satanist doctrine. But I also can't read minds, so idk if I'm actually right.
              __________________
              NAH

              "Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

              D&D6th Gen
              Reply With Quote
                #616    
              Old September 8th, 2017 (10:22 PM).
              Zeffy's Avatar
              Zeffy Zeffy is offline
              blink and you're dead
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Apr 2009
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 6,440
              Initially thought this was a joke, but apparently it's not...? If anyone can explain why this is actually happening, that would be great! As far as I know the DCC has always been a place where people could talk freely of their own accord as long as it were within PC's rules. Talking about the weather is definitely not against PC's rules. :)
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #617    
              Old September 8th, 2017 (11:30 PM).
              Her's Avatar
              Her Her is online now
              • Moderator
              • Platinum Tier
              • Discord Moderoid
               
              Join Date: Jun 2008
              Age: 24
              Gender: Female
              Posts: 10,511
              It is somewhat a joke, but I am also making a point against what is a discussion-killing topic within that thread - the DCC has always been cyclical in nature but it has come to a point where the insistence on repeating the topic borders on asinine and discouraging of variety, which is harmful to the atmosphere of the section. Such things are not against the rules, but I am well within my bounds to apply some pressure. However, it will open again soon. I have an idea in mind which will assuage your fears and allow the entire forum to express the full wonder of creativity and joy that is present within the topic of weather. :)
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
              Reply

              Quick Reply

              Join the conversation!

              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

              Create a PokéCommunity Account

              Sponsored Links
              Thread Tools

              Posting Rules
              You may not post new threads
              You may not post replies
              You may not post attachments
              You may not edit your posts

              BB code is On
              Smilies are On
              [IMG] code is On
              HTML code is Off

              Forum Jump


              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:59 PM.