• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] "Past of the Past": A Beta Johto Journey (IC)

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
GameChecker.exe_
11:12
HbZwWpO.gif
Fart Wart/HAPPA Type1/GRASS ITEM/--- STATUS/OK MOVES Growl Absorb Vine Whip Heal Pulse
zhnnDic.gif
Pew/??? TYPE1/PSYCHC ITEM/--- STATUS:OK MOVES Splash --- --- ---
Spoiler:

Entry: One
| |

どうぐ
Pok%C3%A9monDollar_III.png
Items
Poké Balls
Medicine
Key Items

FALLING OFF A LOG

"This is poor craftsmanship." In spite of its flimsy construction, Sabi explored the crimson colored device flippantly. Using a pocket screwdriver and his fingernails, he prodded the casing and accessed its nodes. Out of spite, he began disassembling and rearranging entire components to bastardize the design. "... like the equivalent of using wet toilet paper for an art project." A callous tap from the metal blade ignited a large spark in the electronics. Sabi flinched in response to the static shock, and the turnscrew fell out of his hand, onto the floor and rolled into the crevice beneath a nearby bookshelf. "Sonuva—"
----
Sabi pocketed any components he deemed valuable. And the contraption—now barely functional with its fewer buttons—was placed back onto the counter. He trailed after his tool and knelt down to squeeze his entire arm underneath the heavy shelves. His hand was unable to find anything solid, and only felt the tickling sensation of dust bunnies and cobwebs. Though he was stubborn, Sabi ceased and retracted his sullied arm as soon as he heard the door opening. Two people entered the laboratory. The professor returned earlier than Sabi initially anticipated in his plot.
----
"I still don't understand why we use a fogging machine in a town where it's frequently windy," the assistant was mid-way in some squabble, "you do understand it's impossible for fog to even exist when there's wind... right? Professor Elm?"
----
"I know," Elm responded with a notable indifference in tone, "but rest assured, the fog is essential and it must be. A super effective repellent but also a lure for the exciting. Besides, it is just the destiny of life, you know?"
----
"W-what are you even saying?"
----
Amidst their bickering, Sabi capitalized on the generous opportunity to hide behind the large capsule container that housed several species; starters ready to be deployed and handed out to novices, or so Sabi presumed. Compared to the disarray of boxes brimming with shoddy inventory, this particular spot was the closest. However, it was still not advantageous when it came to the matter of absconding. The only door leading in and out was blocked by Elm and his aide. The only other alternative was a single window, and that required leverage as it was too high for Sabi to reach by himself. Even then, the opening seemed it was potentially too small to fit through.
----
Though options were severely limited, Sabi wasn't deterred by the hopelessness of this minor predicament. He was defiant, stubborn, and there was an urge to persevere for solution notwithstanding the inconvenience. But before there could be ample time to formulate, there was a disruptive shriek accompanied by giddy coos. Almost instinctively, Sabi checked every pouch on him to see if anything was amiss, or more specifically if one of his receptacles was suddenly vacant.
----
"Oh, shit."
----
A gaseous entity floated through the room, bumping into walls and furniture as it explored the enclosed vicinity. Evidently, its perception of space was far removed from the seams that bind reality, and this creature was oblivious to anything that posed itself as inanimate.
----
"What the hell is that?!" The aide was startled, gingerly keeping his distance by relocating himself on the other end of the room. He was, at the very least, capable of holding onto some of his bearings to avoid hysteria. "Is that one of the specimens, Professor?!"
----
"Not to my colors of expertness, no, no!" The professor stood composed, contrast to his aide's disposition, and idly observing the anomaly as it nonchalantly approached him. "But I can safely conclude this is none other than an alternative subspecies of Gastly, also known as the, uh, Toxic Gas Pokémon! Incredibly potent, and tasteful in its battling potential!"
----
"Pew!" The creature floated through the air with a motion that emulated a bouncing ball. It wiggled what resembled antennae on top its head, exuding enthusiasm and glee for the exchange between itself and the apparent Pokémon expert.
----
"Pew, you say? Indeed, pew-pew! Hah hah! Pew-pew, yes!"
----
Elm gaily danced with the creature. It was a surreal experience from Sabi's position, and the fact that any professor would act in such a droll fashion unironically was undeniably farcical. Why is this happening. In his flabbergasted state, Sabi didn't realize he was inadvertently creeping out of his hiding spot and consequently exposing himself to the aide nearby.
----
"Huh? Who are you?! Why are you here?!"
----
"Relax," he assured calmly as he rose with his hands held up. As soon as the assistant entered proximity, Sabi latched onto the man's shoulders and gripped hard as he delivered a blow below the belt. He immediately collapsed into a fetal position, and Sabi was confident that this aide was effectively immobilized long enough for an escape to be made—perhaps even longer judging by the helper's inability to produce any verbal sound.
----
Elm was too distracted by the effervescent cloud to take notice of his surroundings. The last moment he would recall would be a sharp pain on the back of his head followed by a brief glimpse of the tiled floor. The Professor would have most likely regretted being so oblivious had he remained conscious.
----
The top half of a broken flask fell onto the floor with a smash, its shards joining the rest of the pile. There was no remorse or concern. The only incentive here was to leave, but not before venting. Sabi glared at the wisp, who was still trying to decipher what exactly happened to the human it was merrily bonding with a moment ago. A hand reached out, asserting dominance over this speck of condensed air with a hard yank.
----
"Listen here, you little fart bag. We've been travelling for a while, so I don't care much about this gag joke. You can feign your innocence by chortling and cooing like some yankee dankee doodle shite! But let me tell you something—something I've been holding back because I wasn't nearly as pissed off as I am right now."
----
Grip was tightened, and each finger sank deep into the creature's soft form as holding blatantly evolved into strangling. The shape was easily contorted like gel. And if this organism had little comprehension of damaging stimuli, Sabi expended his efforts to assure this was nothing short of excruciating.
----
"You're not cute. We're not friends. I don't have some irrational attachment to you out of some sympathy or sentimentality, or because I feel obligated to some inexplicable responsibility as a human being. I don't care what you are, I only need you for one, singular purpose. You're just as expendable as any other test subject and if I really wanted to, I could alter your entire physical form into a vial of glop just so I don't have to tolerate your incessant pewing. So let me be crystal."

----
"DO NOT LEAVE YOUR GODDAMN CONTAINMENT."

----
Upon releasing his grasp, the gaseous entity gradually descended from exhaustion and subsequently slumped onto the floor. This was interpreted as a sign of its surrender, if only to enjoy some level of catharsis for today. Feeling sated, he grabbed a hold of his lackey and tucked it firmly under his armpit. It seemed this was the most opportune time for departure, and preferably before Elm and his helper recover from their mishap or in the chance of anyone else arriving at the scene.
----
There was a slight discomfort in the lower regions, and primal instinct prioritized an urge over all else; it didn't feel like holding in was possible, considering the amount of poison that was consumed. Searching was a futile effort, as earlier exploration determined this laboratory was evidently devoid of any lavatory.
----
Once again, improvisation was mandatory, and just like before, Sabi approached the capsule machine he used for cover mere moments ago. He opened up the glass lid that enabled him to access the inside, and a golden gush stained the spherical receptacles that would eventually find their ways into the hands of hapless children. The amount discharged made it possible that the creatures sealed inside would permanently bear the stench of liquid waste.
----
Relief. Sabi zipped up and proceeded out the entrance.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Daisy-May Bradley

Aazv5uD.png

The methodical routine of applying makeup forced Daisy-May into tranquility, into a state of mind that let her think. Clearly, she wasn't getting along with Maki. How ungrateful that Pokémon was! To be paired with such brilliance as herself and yet turn on her- this was not going to work out for either of them. She checked herself over once more in the mirror and snapped her compact shut. Elm had other Pokémon- surely she could simply trade Maki in for one less aggressive. The automatic doors of the Pokémon Center hissed as she strode outside.

"Maki! Get over here this instant!"

The Kurusu continued to lounge in a sunny patch of grass. Only when Daisy-May cast shadow upon her did Maki open one eye in acknowledgement.

"Listen here. This isn't going to work, we both know that. So I'm going to take you back to Elm and get a much nicer partner, deal?"

Maki opened both eyes as Daisy righted the Pokéball and pointed it- only for Maki to roll swiftly out of the way.

"Wh- hey!"

She tried again. Maki ran further. Once more, and the little brat was out of range. Daisy huffed and started after it, grumbling the whole way.

Maki wasn't much faster than her. She could see the Pokémon bounding down the path toward Cherrygrove, still out of range for a return to the ball. The path was narrow and infested with vegetation prone to catching clothes and pulling hair. After one too many pauses to untangle herself, Daisy-May had most definitely lost sight of Maki. Cursing nature itself, she slowed down to keep an eye out for the brat.

Signs of Maki popped up occasionally, reassuring her she was on the right track, but Daisy-May saw not a glimpse of her Pokémon until well into Cherry Forest. The bridge straddling the small lake provided a vantage point for her to scan the area. Maki had to be close- unless she'd already made it into Cherrygrove. That'd be embarrassing if anyone found out- explaining that a Pokémon had run from her, of all people!

A growl found its way to her ears, followed by a quiet whimper. Daisy-May peered over the bridge's railing just in time to see a trio of Mariru swim underneath. The growls grew louder as she rounded the end of the bridge warily. Five Mariru surrounded something else, forcing it back into the shadows of the bridge. A gentle splash from beneath her made her grimace and pull her shoe quickly from the lake. When she looked up once more, the apparent leader of the Mariru gang took a swipe at their target- a Kurusu...

Rage flared up inside of her. How dare they assault her Pokémon! Daisy-May's concern for appearance dropped like a stone as she snagged a wet branch from the lake and splashed her way toward the group.

"Get- out- of- here!" she snapped, each word punctuated by a swipe of the stick. "That- is- my- Pokémon!"

The Mariru ducked away, unsure what to do as Daisy-May forced herself between them and their target. The leader swam up, clearly angling for an attack, but Daisy-May's strike hit home and it flew a good ten feet away.

"Anybody else?!"

Hesitation gave way to a mad dash in the direction of their fallen leader. Daisy-May was left panting, rage draining as Kurusu climbed into her arms. She dropped the stick and dragged herself out of the muck. Her dress was ruined, nevermind her shoes. She'd have to change in Cherrygrove. Good thing it wasn't far.

Maki peeked up at her. "Ru." It sounded like thanks.

"We're still not friends."

There was no malice there. Maki smiled and snuggled into her trainer's arms.

Last edited:

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
GameChecker.exe_
18:10
HbZwWpO.gifJRtX.gif
Fart Wart/HAPPA Type1/GRASS ITEM/--- STATUS/OK MOVES Growl Absorb Vine Whip Heal Pulse
BKGJRtX.gif
Pew/??? TYPE1/PSYCHC ITEM/--- STATUS:FNT MOVES Splash --- --- ---
Spoiler:

Entry: Two
| |

どうぐ
Pok%C3%A9monDollar_III.png
Items
Poké Balls
Medicine
Key Items

LOST

There was a painful clamp suspended the legs, movement was resisted by something sturdy and rough. The flow of chill rushed upwards, along with the force of weight that converged into the skull. The soil and shrubs were dangling from above, while below was infested with shrubs. This disorientation was vexing but it was certainly not unfamiliar. And perhaps this occurrence became too frequent was why it was so vexing.
----
His level of dexterity was restricted, it took sometime before Sabi could dislodge himself from the branches that held him. A relatively basic prompt allowed his body to return back to the ground. The descent ended with an inevitable pratfall and his sore back collided with the dry dirt. Instead of a verbal riposte, there was only a jaded grunt as Sabi scrutinized the bark peeling off the damaged tree. The sight triggered a swelling in the bowels, and bile was regurgitated, staining the tree with a hue of greenish grey. Residue dribbled down his chin.
----
How the hell did I end up here? Why am I even here?
----
Behind, a faint voice called out. Sabi turned to meet a pitiful organism, laying in the center of a burnt crater. Pale and lackadaisical, a sharp contrast to its usual bubbly demeanor. The living billow was spurting out fluids from its only visible orifice; the color and viscosity were identical to its tamer's vomit. There was an opportunity to express empathy over the pain, but Sabi prioritized on a practical procedure. His hands scrounged through his tattered coat, digging through each and every pouch for a remedy.
----
In spite of all his tenacity and incessant cussing, he was only able to find a single syringe. The revelation was both painful and unnerving. Both the owner and his associate were sick, and the time to make a decision felt strict. And that time was cut even further when the sound of uproar drew closer. A group hollering from the distance, and their coarse tones ensured there would be hostility upon encounter.
----
The creature was lifted up and concealed firmly underneath the coat and smothered against Sabi's torso. He wrapped an arm around its petite body to assure adequate protection. Hauling the weight of two, he hurtled on his feet quickly as possible notwithstanding the encumbrance of aching muscles accompanied by migraine. This perseverance against pain quickly became a downfall, as Sabi succumbed to exhaustion and grew dormant in his movement. Realizing he had to be decisive, Sabi asserted a decisive look for his downed companion. He bit the lid covering the needle, pulled it off and spat it aside.
----
"Listen, I'm sorry."

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024

Tyson Larx Tyrone -
Chapter 1, Episode 2: "The Cherries are not tasty."

Tyson just continued his walk, with an overly excited Flare beside him. "I guess you are indeed excited."
Tyson spoke, as he continued his trek. He was about to enter Cherry Forest.

He entered the forest... It was... Rather Forest-y? Of course, it was a forest after all. The lake in the middle was cool though. Gave more biodiversity to the area. He simply crossed the forest, with the Pokemon behind him. There was a Paras who tried to attack Flare, but got fended away easily with Ember. Not much a trouble.

Tyson then looked at the water, and at his reflection. Honestly, he always thought that the world was weird. For him, time just went as slow as always. This place was really different to him. But i guess that is normal for someone who... Wasn't from here. He simply yawned. He'd love to nap here and now, but he also knew that getting to Cherrygrove was vital. So he simply kept walking.

While walking out of the forest, he looked at all these rookie trainers. Not an usual sight to him though. Sure, some rookies do live in Four Island, but the most time Tyson saw just experienced trainers looking for new Pokemon for them, to improve. And Icefall Cave had like, really powerful pokemon.

He then exited the forest. Now this was a different sight. A Town with more development. There was a shop. And there was a seashore. Cool. I guess? He wasn't sure. The smell of the sea breeze was more familiar to him, but he never was really fond of the sea. It's normal fo someone who isn't... Like, known of the rest of the world. He stretched his arms, and decided that first, he should stock on items, and second, he should check where the path would lead him.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018

! GM UPDATE: INCOMING EVENT

[CSS-DIV=width: 800px; height: 500px; background-color: #404954; border-radius: 10px]
CHERRYGROVE VILLAGE

Upon arriving in temperate Cherrygrove Village, a sense of peace breezes through the idle community, as the wind whistles through loose shingles and between unlatched shutters. A small population, few are up and about, yet spottings on porches or any beaten path appear rare. Somewhere, the indistinct echoes of shouts ring in stereo to a faint chorus of laughter elsewhere. Somewhere, a wheel squeaks, either from the rolling cart of a street vendor, or a rusted pulley to a nearby clothesline. Somewhere, there is a call of migrating birds and rustling, browning underbrush far beyond. The constant churning of the sea is an ever-present ambiance heard throughout the village. The village is a solace that does not beg to be explored, but acquainted.

Unless one was staring at it, they'd miss its birth, but it rapidly matured. Now, a white flash in the sky forces undivided attention. The rays of a sudden star expand as if it was an explosion, but it never made a sound. It divides the sky like a seam about to burst—and then it does.

The light strobes blindingly, disorientingly. Between flashes, the setting morphs into running colors, which bleed out into fractals that warp, collide, and splinter away. Wherever the eye darts, the focal point follows. All sense of space simultaneously flattens and tessellates. The body is caught in the phenomenon. The spine feels as if it will stretch at the base of the neck until it cracks, and soon the sensation overtakes the limbs as well. Yet, there is no pain in it, or none the mind could comprehend, just the brief notion that the body prolonged, then compressed. There was never any time to think about it all, only to be subjected.

Once, there is sound, but a firm stab to the eardrum before screeching like static.

White overtakes all vision once again.

Upon arriving in Cherrygrove Village, a Professor and a group of Trainers cannot remember how they ended up beside each other in a banged up heap on the ground. Unlike a second ago, they were not gripped with biting cold, and their breath did not visibly billow in front of them. The dense, frozen ground doesn't give way when its thin layer of frost cracks under their weight. The pleasant breeze suddenly died. Above them, the sky is an unbroken slate of grey, yet behind the veil of misty cloud is the rising sun.

Looking out and between the barren cherry blossom trees that cloister them in the Village Square, nothing stirs. Everything is silent. The group is alone.

• All POKéDEXES and POKéGEAR are fried. They are completely inoperable.
• The strips of all bank cards are warped. They are nonfunctioning.
• SABI has lost ANOMALY.

[/CSS-DIV]

END ENCOUNTER

KazukoHimura

"I guess I'm just a bit hungry..."
Years
Post 7: Days since last fainted:650

Kazuko Himura
Spoiler:

Pokemon
Spoiler:

Stamps
Spoiler:

Inventory
Spoiler:

The first thought in Kazuko's mind when she finally awoke was that her track record of avoiding passing out for 2 months was ruined. Her second was worry for Honoguma-whom was thankfully resting in his Pokeball. Just like how she couldn't remember getting to this location, she couldn't remember recalling her pokemon. Third...was that she was freezing, so could she could barely move. But still, Kazuko pushed on, enough to pull herself to her feet, and send out Honoguma once more. She held her confused partner close to her chest, to keep her warm-and she for him.

"This....is not right..." Kazuko trailed off, glancing over the barren cherry trees. "It's quiet....too quiet."​

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
A Whole New World​
Part One

All was quiet.

In the distance, nothing stirred but the trees, buffeted by a cold, steady wind. Closer, the particular silence of a sleeping populace permeated the air. Next to him, a heap of bodies were just beginning to stir. Alton coughed, loud and racking, as he had been doing since waking up in the guard tower. His head spun with the violent motion.

This was… the square, wasn't it? Last he could remember, he was waving Ella off down at the docks. And it was certainly evening when he'd turned back toward the village proper in search of lodging.

When had it gotten so cold? Alton swung his backpack around, shivering at even that tiny loss of warmth. He had a jacket, he knew- maybe not a winter jacket, but it'd be better than his thin button-up. Something clattered as he pulled it out- his cell phone, lying face-up on the frozen ground, screen distorted in a spectrum of color. Alton sighed. Hopefully he could get a new one in Violet.

Motion caught his eye and he grabbed Tua's Pokéball protectively- it was just another person, on their feet, holding a Honoguma. "This....is not right..." he heard her say.

"I have to agree." Alton stood, shouldering his backpack. "Do you remember… getting here? How we got here- how we ended up together?"

Alton Marie Mocinno IV

is currently in

Cherrygrove Village

with

Tua

attempting to

figure out what the
heck is going on.

Last edited:

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
The world is dirty
I wipe away all the filth
now there's nothing left​

There was no regret. There was no relief. Ire was always feigned, an act, and it was presented deliberately to provoke. Maybe someone will actually care this time, one thought, maybe something will finally put an end to this madness. It was exhausting, running in circles and virtually incapable of looking back. An existential nightmare. Enveloped by a sheet of white and contorted through a chasm, and for once, reassurance was offered. But that moment immediately perished.
----
Every molecule were stretched beyond their limit, viciously torn at the seams. Everything was being destroyed and violently reassembled. Any pain was incomprehensible. Its expression was all too vivid; the vaporous form fading out until it eventually disintegrated into the infinite white. An opening was carved, and the opportunity was immediately seized.

And he fell ...​
and fell ...​
and fell...

the third

shit, almost everything is broken. or at least in need of some repair. but whatever, i managed to escape at least. head kinda hurts, but i'm gonna have to jot down some notes until i can reboot my shit. to hell with punctuation and grammar and whatever—i don't expect anyone to be reading through my logs anyway.

i think i lost the specimen during that whole fiasco. it was expected, but, i don't know. should i feel bad? i guess i should. i mean, i had to use up my last remaining antidote on the little bugger. now i really need to find [REDACTED]—hopefully this iteration makes things easier and less annoying. i wish i could just give up on all this.

still feeling sick, dammit. i don't have anything to suppress the infection either—getting short on supplies. all i have for sustenance are three bottle of waters, and i had them sitting in the bag for a while so they probably have that taste of plastic.

and damn, i think i landed on my head. been feeling a very sharp pain on the top since i woke. feel slightly disorientated too. i wonder if this injury is affecting my motor skills—hopefully no serious damage was done on the parietal bone.

looks like its winter now but who gives a shit about the cold. just jump around and burn it all off, easy. its heat that's a pain in ass. but looking around, i noticed these other guys. most of them looked like kids. i seriously doubt any of them are having fun idling around out here in the ass-end of space , so its probably a sensible to get moving asap. i asserted myself and took the initiative.

"look, we can waste our time getting to know each other after we find some place warm. then all of you can go ahead and figure out what the hell happened."

or at least, that's what i meant to say. instead, i lost my footing and collapsed under the weight of my own tattered body and what came out was an incoherent string of slurred gibberish. evidently, my motor skills were severely affected. i also think i fell on top of someone. not at all embarrassed at my little pratfall. it was actually kinda funny.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

kxTiEHX.png
aV2IdoI.png

Name: Sora Asai

For a moment, Sora thought he was back in the Lake of Rage during winter. The cold took hold of him as if he were standing on Mount SIlver during winter and a sudden blizzard blew in out of no where. He shivered uncontrollably for a moment and then he opened his eyes. It was no longer as bright as he remembered it being. He felt the ground and it was cool with frost. He didn't notice anyone else right away.

He looked up at the sky and it was as grey as a winter morning when it was about to snow. He suddenly missed his mother's hot chocolate. He was still cold, but it was a bearable cold for him now, however still slightly cooler than what he was adjusted to. He figured he would be fine in a few minutes.

He felt a burning sensation on his hip and he put his left hand into his pocket. He felt his Poke-Gear and pulled it out of his pocket quickly. It was burning up as if it was about to explode. He dropped the tech on the ground and as soon as it hit, it burst into a ball of fire and then there was nothing left, but a black slate of nothingness. he shook his hand violently to try to stop it from burning. He quickly placed his burnt hand on the ground and a almost silent sizzle could be heard.

"Damn it... How the hell am I going to call my mom and sister now?" He said.

"I am going to have to head back to Mahogany Town when the route comes up." Sora told himself.

"At least it was my left hand and not my right hand that got burnt." Sora remained calm as he spoke to himself. He stood up with out much of a problem. Again, he was used to the cold more than others. So even when he was cold, he could stand without much of a problem, although his burnt hand made it difficult.

"Hmm... I was on the beach. How did I get here?" He spoke out loud, not aware the other were there yet.

He turned around to try to figure out what happened, only to see that he was not alone. He noticed a number of people on the ground, only three in which had woken, although he noticed one of them was having more trouble than the other two standing. Although even the girl, who he suddenly remembered from Silent Hills, was also having trouble.

"So, I am going to assume something happened to all of us? Because I didn't see any of you a second ago." He said.

Sora pulled out his gloves from his bag, noticing everything else seemed fine. He hadn't been wearing his gloves because it was still warm, but not it struggled to put his right glove on. He put the left glove back in the bag, knowing that he needed a real bandage for his hand and the cold would just help it.

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018

CHERRYGROVE VILLAGE
@ Village Square​

A gnarled, trembling hand broke forth from beneath the mound of a body or two. It pitched its nails into the frost-covered earth before raking back. Another hand followed, and before long, the head of a man crowned from under the weight.

With an emerging scream, Professor Elm hauled himself out of the entanglement. At quick glance, he looked entirely disheveled. His short hair was tussled with shards of frost and bits of dried grass lodged between tufts. His white lab coat was besmirched with dark, dry stains from the earth. He coughed viciously as he scrambled to his knees, as his lungs couldn't get over the sudden shock of gasping in frigid air. He lifted his grimy hand to cover his mouth as his coughs began to catch the slight gurgle of phlegm. When he opened his eyes after the fit, he saw there were bright red stains on the ground under him.

When he furrowed his brow and adjusted his glasses to take a closer look, the frames caught against the edge of a shard of glass that had impaled itself around his eye.

"What now, what now!? I shriek, I shriek: ki-yop-yop-yop-yop!" Elm's shrill exclamation was followed by an impressively quick and accurate display of him plucking out every individual piece of glassy shrapnel from his face, to the beat of his yop. Blood now freely trickled from his cuts as he adjusted his lensless, dented frames to sit evenly on his bruised nose.

He sniffed as he held a hand to his cuts, wincing and gritting his teeth at the annoying, stinging pains. After a scattered thought or two passed him by, he suddenly whipped around to point a rigid finger at the clear culprits—the only other people around.

"You! You abusers!" He kicked at the ground, a small dusting cropped up. He let out another aggravated scream before continuing, rambling over the kid dressed in black and blue. "Split my eyes! Brown my whites! Crick in neck! Stubby toe! Hangnail! My fault? Your fault! Kidnappers! And cold! Steal my fog machine?! Case closed! Report me your names!"

As Elm's reddening face became partially obscured by the cloud of condensation he whipped up with his rant, a good distance behind him and beyond the Village Square, a man in a robe emerges from a little house with a thatch broom in his hand.

Last edited:

KazukoHimura

Years
Post 8: Cold...so cold...

Kazuko Himura
Spoiler:

Pokemon
Spoiler:

Stamps
Spoiler:

Inventory
Spoiler:

"All I remember is arriving in Cherrygrove...then I woke up here and everything was so cold...." she told Alton, shivering a bit, even with Honoguma in her arms. The small Pokemon nuzzled her, as if they were both trying to keep each other warm. Internally, Kazuko was debating sending Honoguma back to his pokeball out of worry for his well-being. Her eyebrow rose at Sabi's stream of gibberish and subsequent falling over. She wished she could help the poor guy out, but she knew nothing of the giving of medical attention, only receiving-and felt she'd do more harm than good. An inquiry from Sora snapped her out of that thought.

"I don't know exactly what happened." Kazuko stated, shivering once more. "I-I was hoping someone here would have some answers..." Her train of thought derailed immediately upon seeing Sora's hand. "Oh my goodness! What happened!?" She exclaimed. "Is there anything I can do..?" Before she could get her question answered was when Professor Elm practically lept upon the other, startling her enough to back away frantically.​

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
A Whole New World​
Part Two

The girl's reply told him little- never mind, then, that Elm's wild and incoherent assertions caught his attention. The blood dripping from his pale face did him no favors, especially as the streams increased alongside red-faced rage.

"Professor, I don't think- if you'll calm down, maybe we can figure something out- I don't think any of us know what happened." Alton fumbled his ID as he pulled it out. "Look, you know me- Alton Mocinno? We met… yesterday, I think? I'm not sure about time right now."

He glanced at the watery sun, just barely edging higher as they came to terms with the situation. Morning for sure. "Could we find a doctor to help with your… general face area? And then sit down and talk?"

Alton Marie Mocinno IV

is currently in

Cherrygrove Village

with

Tua

attempting to

figure out what the
heck is going on.

Last edited:

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Y7ncxuZ.png
Sylveon
ohcX9NH.png
Noivern
rDfImYJ.png
Ninetales Species variation foreign to Johto. Appears to be Ice-type.
ohcX9NH.png
Luxray
GCB1NBp.png
Meloetta
t1ZJwsF.png
Species unknown. Possesses a body seemingly composed of space dust, reminiscent of a Gastly.

A perplexing puzzle of pillars, a massive maze of movement, the Mahogany Gym had begun the testing of its preliminary trial for trainers before they could face the gym leader. The building's interior was made up of wood and ice, with small pools of water scattered about. The back wall wasn't even in view, obscured by various totems, raised ice blocks and needle-leaved trees. At various zones throughout, there were trainers stationed as hidden roadblocks if the challenger couldn't slip past them. If they were caught, the zone was supposed to open up for a single battle, then return to its previous state for the challenger to proceed. Win or lose, they could move on, but the fainted Pokémon couldn't participate in the final battle.

Because of the different routes to reach the leader's room, Pryce was planning to allow multiple challengers at once. Whether or not it was a good plan, nobody really knew, but it was definitely interesting.

Riven and Luxray took a brief moment to stretch and loosen up, the latter discharging some extra sparks that glittered against the icy mist floating in the building. The freezing air kept the floor solid, but did no favors for a challenger's flexibility. Noted. He wondered what kept the pools from freezing over, though; perhaps underground heating.

"Evaluation: start."

Off the bat, Luxray started using its absurd eyesight to pick out a path, and locate the gym trainers. It wouldn't have been fair to really call it cheating, though. All Riven was doing was using his team's unique skills. If anything this was more of a safety test. So, Luxray leapt to the first pillar, a bit to Riven's right, then into the tree adjacent. Riven followed close behind, ensuring there were appropriate gripping points on the ice.

"How many are there?" he asked his Pokémon after swinging and jumping maybe fifty feet, hitting the east wall; Luxray pointed its head in the direction of each one. "Five, then? That's smart. Someone hits all of them, they might only have one Pokémon left to fight Pryce. And the multiple paths encourages challengers to choose their steps carefully, but quickly. I can see the inspiration from the local shinobi."

The end still wasn't in sight because of the mass of pine needles in the way, and the building extending further south into the mountain meant there was ample room for the exceptionally large maze. Artificial lighting and the small ponds kept the trees healthy inside. Where the Ecruteak Gym used multiple segments, Pryce's gym was a continuous piece with the gym in the back room. The contrast of ice and dark pine needles kept everything from blending together, so trainers wouldn't get disoriented. Luxray pointed out a few cameras in open areas of the gym, as well, in the case of someone getting lost.

"Alright, Luxray, lead the way. I've got a report to write."

Riven came to lying against his curled-up Arcanine, who immediately went to affectionately licking his cheek once it realized he was awake. They were noticeably separated from the literal pile of unconscious bodies—he took note to thank Arcanine for that later.

When he stood, he felt a cold breeze that was apparently just waiting to make him shudder. Nothing unbearable, at least, and hardly an issue with Arcanine around. More important things to worry about first. Inventory check.

Poké Balls. ✓
Cash. ✓
Medicines. ✓
Compact. ✓
Riding mask. ✓

Everything was intact, thankfully. Could maybe do with a brush when he got somewhere safe. Take care of Arcanine, too. But he wasn't sure exactly what distance he and the others crossed in that distortion. Not sure what it was that caused it. And he wasn't going to stick around to find out. Not in this mess of people.

The chill wind, icy cracking beneath his feet, the low chatter of the undesirably large group as they got their bearings. The drunk he helped earlier was the loudest thing in the village, a gibbering buffoon who soon collapsed before he could even make an intelligible statement.

Riven glanced about the village, the people, looking for something. It wasn't here. He asked Arcanine about its smell. It wasn't anywhere. The space cloud he'd had in his arms on the way was missing. Its trainer was here. Unconscious, but here. He had answers, probably. Hopefully. More likely than any of the townspeople.

"We should get moving," he muttered to Arcanine and himself. "We might be able to figure something out on the way to the next town. Let's bring him along, too."

Arcanine grabbed the man's pant leg with its mouth, using its strength to swing him like a ragdoll onto its back. It adjusted the man's positioning a little more for comfort's sake, providing said passenger with ample warmth in the process; then it caught up to Riven, already heading north out of the village, and paced at his side until he hopped on for the ride.

5khYItu.png
Charmander
5khYItu.png
Dratini
MZcF7iA.png
Arcanine
GCB1NBp.png
Glaceon
hzauBcr.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Ech

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

kxTiEHX.png
aV2IdoI.png

Name: Sora Asai

Invetory: Notebooks x10, unspecified number of pens and pencils, List of Known Ice Type Pokemon, and a picture is sister drew.

Pokemon: Kurusu (Koru)

Sora was surprised about the sudden worry that the girl seemed to have about his hand. It wasn't really expecting someone to notice it. And he definitely was expecting someone from the lab to offer their assistance since he had just left for the most part not saying a word to the two girls as he tried to catch up with Tyson, who didn't really talk much. He hadn't seen any of them, but Tyson on the route and in the forest. So he was certain he had made it here before any of them, but now they were all together.

Before he could answer, the professor, the one who had invited him to get a pokemon, now was demanding for their names.

Did he even know what we looked like? I guess the rumor about him being some what crazy were true... He thought to himself, although he knew that is was mainly because Prof. Elm was too oblivious to his surroundings when he was working. Although, Sora still wondered if the professor was crazy.

Sora turned to the professor first, "My name is Sora Asai. You invited me to get a pokemon at your lab.... yesterday? I don't really remember now. Yet you weren't there. So maybe before you demand anything from people, you should at least learn and remember who everyone was that was invited." Sora said, some sarcasm in his voice, but he was sure it was well deserved.

He listened as, "And I do agree with Alton. It appears none of us know how we ended up here and I think you should calm down Prof. Elm." Sora said, and then he turned his attention to the girl who he remembered from the lab.

"You... you are from the lab aren't you? Was it Kazutoa? Kazuta? Kazuto? Kiri? Oh wait it was Kazuko. Sorry... your name is a little confusing right now. Thank you for the offer, but my hand is fine. But are you ok? It looks like you are shivering a lot?" Sora spoke to Kazuko. He then realized she was holding her pokemon which if he recalled, was the same species as Tyson's pokemon.

Sora smiled, "Then again, your pokemon is a fire type."

He then turned to the man who had failed to rise, but before he could say anything, another unknown trainer had appeared from the pile of bodies had an Arcanine swing the old guy over its back and left the group.

"well then... I was going to see if I could figure out what was wrong, but I guess that girl has other plans." Sora said.

Last edited:

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
From seconds, minutes, hours, the Detective didn't seem to be coming out from his personal spot. Obviously, the most perfect spot to take was the comfy blue sofa and he felt way too attached with the seat he was sitting on, folded newspaper on hand and eyes affixed into the black letters inscribed on the grey paper.

Can of lemonade on the floor, flip after flip, his attention were drawn toward an article that he thought to be particularly interesting. A peek from rear would show a red alphabetic symbol alongside a big header followed with several wall of texts. However, the words started to enlarge themselves and slowly jumble the paragraphs, despite not weird enough for him to realize. He continued reading, until a bright light engulfed the surroundings and a buzzing sound that he was unaware of.

For a brief minute, he covered his face with what he held so tightly, leaving too many afterimages on the last thing he saw just in front of him. Thinking that it was somewhat unnatural, he surveyed his surroundings through the glasses. There, he saw some Pokémon Trainers and a strange-looking man in white who expressed his anger about things that he didn't know about. Not only that, there was also a more suspicious robed figure equipped with a broom.

"... Hmm..." He rubbed his chin looking for a plausible explanation, but unfortunately drew a blank, "Crud, plain thinking solves nothing."

The ambiguity made him puzzled already, further bolstered by how enigmatic the recent incident that happened few minutes ago. He crushed the newspaper into a ball and gave up on his favorable luxurious seat of ultimate comfort. Once outside, the atmosphere felt chilly for him, encouraging his urge to know about what exactly happened even more. He ignored the bickering group, walking past by just to reach out for his shoulder.

"Hold it right there." The detective spoke sternly, waiting for a response despite feeling unsure for what outcome awaiting him.

KazukoHimura

Years
Post 9: Making sense of things?

Kazuko Himura
Spoiler:

Pokemon
Spoiler:

Stamps
Spoiler:

Inventory
Spoiler:

"I am from the lab..." Kazuko trailed off, still shivering a good bit. "Kazuko. You got it right at the end." She gave a small glance downward, constantly making sure Honoguma isn't cold like she is. "It's really no problem. I wish I could have been some help to the other person too, but my knowledge is rather limited. Me? I...I'm just cold, I chill t-to easily." she explained, gently stroking Honoguma. "I just hope this isn't too much of an issue for Honoguma here..." In response, the small firey Pokemon crawled out of her grasp and relocated himself on her shoulder.​

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Daisy-May Bradley

Aazv5uD.png

Gentle pats to her cheeks brought her to consciousness. She was lying on frost-tinged ground, which was unacceptable for multiple reasons. Perhaps the cold was why Maki has chosen to prod her awake rather than drench her for a third time.

Daisy-May sat up, limbs stiff. Her clothing was rumpled, muddy, and damp-going-on-frozen. Disgusting, she felt disgusting- completely unpresentable! She hurriedly pulled something- anything- from her backpack. It turned out to be Liam's old hoodie, a thick, black thing much too large for her emblazoned with the logo of his school. Not particularly beautiful, but clean and warm. Good enough. Maki crawled into the lowered hood as she rolled the long sleeves into workable cuffs.

Others in similarly rumpled states sat, lay, and stood around her. Some were speaking- the ratty girl she'd encountered earlier and a thin man with a giant backpack. Irritating. Her mother's words echoed as she retrieved a brush and set to work on her hair. One must always look beautiful if she is to show the world what she is worth. It was simple to be more beautiful than this lot, even in her current state, but one must do her absolute best. Show them who was most important here. Why are we here? With practised hands, she untangled long hair, letting it drape over Maki in her hood. A lacy black ribbon tied in a bow held the top half of her hair in a loose ponytail. I was finding a place to stay, wasn't I? The compact sprung forth. Disposable make-up removing wipes were wonderful things. Simple make-up today, to match the casual mood of her brother's hoodie. I would never have just slept on the ground, how horrible!

The compact clicked shut and returned to its place. Daisy-May stood, feeling slightly more human. Professor Elm was here- and screaming like a madman. How ugly of him.

"Maki," she murmured, "Cover your ears."

A squeak and some shifting implied assent, so Daisy-May took a few deep breaths and drew herself to her full height.

"Now," she intoned, her most regal affect louder even than Elm had been. "I expect someone has a good explanation for what is happening here."

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018

CHERRYGROVE VILLAGE
@ Village Square​

As his face patched redder in his outrage, blood seemed to gush out from between his fingers.

"Dalton Crap?uh, Cappuccino, pretend about doctor, oooh!" he roared. Then his trembling, pointing finger aimed at the boy in blue and black. "And Sore, because you act so sooore," he spat, before sputtering as some blood trickled over his lip. "Fffft! All I remember: Gastly 'pewping', blue horns, cherry walk. And sore like you, Sooore."

Elm stamped his foot as he heard another voice pipe up, this time from a dirtied girl with an even dirtier look who demanded an explanation. He turned to flippantly toss his free hand to the air as if he were good and well fed up. "Dirty Carrot-hair, he addressed her, "no good explain. Great explain! By who?!"

Turning from the group, he made a pronounced groan as he fretfully tapped his toe on the ground and shivered, the cold finally overtaking the fervor of his angst. Despite everything in the high-strung language of his body, his voice managed to draw back a few decibels.

"By, me. By Elm. Not by boy who call yesterday and ask 'Do you have Ice, can I pick up Ice?' No. Not by Big Chin, Big Nose Cappuccino. Not by Couscous, although better steamed. Not by Tyron Tyrone or other bad name. And reason is little but big."

Pointing a bloody finger to the sky in enlightenment, Elm announced, "Pokemon!"

After a moment of letting the revelation settle in, he turned back around and shrugged. The collar of his lab coat was heavily stained with blood as half his face smeared red.

"I mean, is Pokemon world. Always up to something. Must to do more study on obvious Pokemon flash power. Details! Details!"

With a quick pivot on his heel, he started to storm off, shouting back behind him: "You my Trainers! Follow! Need more testing! Came in car, is somewhere here? Where? Beep-beep? Where beep-beep for me?"

While Elm was wrapped up in his own thoughts trying to retrace his steps, off in the distance, someone faintly shouted an impolite swear. It came from a man who had stopped sweeping his porch, shaking his head as he stooped over to inspect something in the narrow crawlspace beneath it.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
A Whole New World​
Part Three

Alton trailed after Elm, still rather lost despite the professor?s explaination. ?This was done by a Pok?mon??

Fussing with his coat's pockets, Elm began to mutter: "Beep-beep... Beep-beep... Where in... eugh..."

"Professor, please- why would a Pok?mon bring us all here?"

Whirling to face Alton, he squinted his eyes behind lensless glasses. "Because not why, but where? How many? Simple! Must be power hiding deep! Pokemon transmission! Beep-beep, yes? Now my beep-beep, cannot find! Find it!"

"Find- what, your car? Why can't you- oh.? Alton waved a hand vaguely in front of Elm's face. ?Can you... see well without your glasses?"

Elm smacked the hand away. "I see big dirty hand in face," he cheeked, ignoring Alton?s noise of pained surprise, "but not buggy car key. Car have work case! Car have tent! Car have tuna cans! Opener? Two! But big important: car have wheels! What do, oh no-no-no, to cherry walk in icy weather, and long?" Distraught, he stopped in his tracks and ran his still bloody hand through his hair, sighing and trembling. "Cold..."

Alton sympathized. His jacket wasn?t the warmest thing in the world. "Well, the best thing to do in the cold is to keep moving. Or go indoors, but it doesn?t look like anything is open right now." He pulled a handkerchief out of his pocket and offered it to Elm. "You might be warmer if uh, you cleaned some of the blood off your face..."

Elm narrowed his eyes at Alton's handkerchief for a moment, as if inspecting it. Then he snatched it up without so much as thanks. His stinging cuts had numbed in the chill, although the flow of blood refused to slow despite the temperature. He dabbed his deeply-scratched face and wiped at the red crust that started forming under his chin. "No sense," he began. "Something open always everywhere somehow. Find a house, bang on door. No talk? Bang harder."

He looked around, but it was plain to see by his scrunched up face that he was having trouble. "... Where houses?"

Alton scanned the area. Only one building showed signs of activity- a lone man with a broom inspecting the underside of a porch. It briefly crossed his mind that the man could, in fact, be attempting a robbery. But as he was the only townsperson around, a chance had to be taken. "Come on, there's something this way..."

He led Elm down the road, making sure the temporarily impaired professor kept close. "Excuse me, sir!"

Alton Marie Mocinno IV

is currently in

Cherrygrove Village

with

Tua
and
Professor Elm

attempting to

keep Elm on-task
for like, five minutes.

Last edited:

KazukoHimura

Years
Post 10: A dumb move

Kazuko Himura
Spoiler:

Pokemon
Spoiler:

Stamps
Spoiler:

Inventory
Spoiler:

"Try asking a bit more nicely...well, I'd say that if the Professor was in a more sane state of mind." Kazuko remarked, stepping up next to Daisy-May before addressing Elm herself. "Please don't yell at us....we just want some explanation....." Though her words fell on deaf ears. Kazuko was unsure if it was because she was too quiet, or if Professor Elm was off in his own little world. The nickname given to her prompted a raised eyebrow, but before she could say something in response, Elm was already heading off.

"Follow?" she mouthed, unsure whether or not to oblige...or just find somewhere warm. Even with Honoguma's help, she was having some difficulty handling the cold.​

Back