• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dance Champion

Should I add songs without banners or backrounds to the game?

• Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
No. I am just saying that more challenging songs are in this game. If you cant do it though that means that you arent the best DDR player. Some people can do harder difficulties then 10, and who wants to do the same song over and over, and over again just to prove they could do a level 10 when they could stretch farther, practice harder to prove they are the best. This game can be connected with a dance pad, you'd just need an adapter which can be brought online. When the game is released I have written a Help file which will also explain what adapters to buy and etc. It would only cost as much as 20 dollars to buy one, and all you have to do is connect it with your dance pad and then to the computer to play. You'll have a free, fun game with
that.

Also, this game only goes from 9-15 on expert mode and there is only 2 in the game that are 15. Max is a heavy song, not an expert. If you could do the experts in this game you'll prove that they are harder and much more challenging than the Maxes. Many believe that the Maxes are the hardest because of their speed. In this game there are fast songs too so you wont be dissapointed. When the game is released see for yourself.

John Denver

Banned
Years
I'm not talking about step/beatmania...when I say I'm the best here at DDR, it's at the arcade...ya know, on a machine. The best player in the WORLD can't do a 15 stepper...13 at most...just so you know, harder isn't always easier...

10 steppers are fun...cause they're challenging and fun to do, not a chore like a 15 stepper O_o

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
I am offically done. So I'll release the game on Friday. I want to add a few finishing touches. The song list is the same except I added butterfly the original song. If you want more info check out the first page of this thread and the first post. Tommorrow I'll post some last bunch of screens and on Friday I'll release the actual game. I might even do a slide show with all the screens, that would be prettty cool. lol. Well. I know you want me to probably release it now, but you can wait an extra day right.

Angry Mod: LETS GET HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! Just kiddin.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2007
Dakota, I think you should play the game before commenting the way you are. What difference does it make if it's 10 stepper or 15 stepper? There's no reason to complain because the game isn't EXACTLY like DDR. Music artists don't realease albums will every song exactly as it was on the last album, so why does it matter that much for a dance game? If you really care this much about you being a DDR champ why don't you buy one of those cords so you can use the pad as a joystick? Because it's for the computer rather than your console is nothing to complain about.

By the way, It looks like a great game, a nice change from all the pokemon demos.

John Denver

Banned
Years
My only real gripe with the game is the crappy song selection and unplayably hard songs O_o...I love the fact that he's making a DDR game...

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
Dakota said:
My only real gripe with the game is the crappy song selection and unplayably hard songs O_o...I love the fact that he's making a DDR game...

You must be the most selfish person on this forum. Just because the songs you want are not on the list you think the list is crappy. Well, the List is great, and if you can except the fact that those songs are not in it, stop posting crap that you dont even know about. You've never played the game, probably never played the songs, so just go post some selfishness somewhere else, because the game doesn't suck you do!

Nothing you have said, is portraying to the game. Your favorites arent in it so thats your problem not mine.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
the game is going to be released today. i just need a website host for it, and you'll have the game up. I dont want to use freewebs so does anybody have any suggestions for a good website host.

John Denver

Banned
Years
dan48 said:
You must be the most selfish person on this forum. Just because the songs you want are not on the list you think the list is crappy. Well, the List is great, and if you can except the fact that those songs are not in it, stop posting crap that you dont even know about. You've never played the game, probably never played the songs, so just go post some selfishness somewhere else, because the game doesn't suck you do!

Nothing you have said, is portraying to the game. Your favorites arent in it so thats your problem not mine.

Please don't flame...

I may not have played your game, but I have played DDR enough to know what songs are good or not. And I do have my opinion don't I? I can express that opinion unthreateningly can't I? IMO, the songs you chose weren't the best songs DDR had...

And I really wanna know, have you ever plaaaayed DDR in the arcade? Like a lot?

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
yeah well, some games dont come with the best from others. You dont see every ddr game with the same song do you. I am sorry if you dont like the list but I worked hard to get that list and there are enjoyable songs on it. I like this game better than the ddrs, in my opinion. When you play the game you are free to have your opinion I could put Max300 in the sequel but I already said only some songs from DDR and In the Groove would be in it. Not all. When you play the game you'll see that the songs arent that bad and I think you could live without a Max300. The list isn't crappy it just doesn't have some songs you might have all wanted in. In the sequel there are going to be so,me more songs so I'll slip them in. Dont have to blow saying that the list is crappy when it is not. When I post it later today download it and if you dont like it delete it. The game is free, it is not an offical game. It is a game for all you dance fans to enjoy. Some of the songs on the list are from In The Groove 2 and also from other dance games so you just might find a few favorites in this one.

To answer you last question I am a DDR MANIAC. I love the DDR games, I love dance games more than anything. Well except some adventures games, but DDR is my favorite, and I like In the Groove too. In the Groove is more challenging and I am only on level 9 in In the Groove. At my local arcade I am one of the dancers everyone crowds around to watch. Trust me, I love the arcades.

DDR is easier for me, but I still get a kick out of playing it.

Sorry I flamed before.

Last edited:

D-jo4000

Gamemaster. Pokeruler
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 12, 2009
in stepmania how do you input songs and steps

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
I am ready to post the download but you guys will have to install Stepmania okay. I'll post the link here and install it to your computer. Than I am going to send you a package which will contain all the data, and then you can play the game.stepmania

When I release the package later today all you'll have to do is install the package and play the game. It is as simple as that.

You'll need Winrar to install the package. Just to let you know ahead of time.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
First you need to find the song, the actual song. Then you have to find the banner and backround for that song. Then you have to create the dwi file, which takes quite a long time. That will contain the arrows.

Last edited:

sketch

3D animator/movie director
Years
  • Age 30
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
So,are you posting it soon?I think I downloaded stepmania but not sure,I'll try again.Oh,is there any Zelda related stuff in this one?

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
Guys. We have alittle problem. I cant find a site to host these files. The size is pretty big so I'll need to do that. I found a host but it'll take 2 hours to upload so I am going to do that overnight. The game should be up by tommorrow. Sorry, but i had no idea this would happen. You could wait till tommorrow though right.

I already started the sequel so I'll fill you up on some songs I added.

* Most of the songs in this game wont be in the sequel and will probably be replaced. I am heading for a 100 songs game like I first promised for this one. It'll have some new themes as well, and characters.

Here are some of the new songs.

1. Legend of Max
2. Kick the Can
3. Ghosts
4. Heavon
5. Drifting Away (from ITG)
6.Cartton Heroes
7. Paranoia Eternal
8. Lets Groove
9. I Feel
10. XANADU
11. Afronova Primeval
12. Anubis
13. Delerium
14. Bend Your Mind
15. Mellow
16. The Begining
17. Dragon Roost Island Theme(From LOZWW)
18. Its Raining Men
19. Rose
20. Trip Machine Climax
21. Theme From Enter the dragon

sketch

3D animator/movie director
Years
  • Age 30
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Yah!Today's the day.Can't wait to check it out.It looks so awesome.Oh,when I downloaded stepmania,it won't let me go into the "play step mania" program because there's a missing file or something.I hope it won't affect if I can play the game!

Merovin

Dragon Master!
Years
Wow, this looks amazing, I've never seen anyone make something come out this good, or finish it, I can't wait for you to post the game, I believe its today aint it :D, well i will keep checking back here and good luck with the sequel!

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
Sketch I really think you should intsall it again because that might be a problem and then you might not be able to play. I would recommend reinstalling it. Just to make sure.

The game will be released around 5:00 to 7:00. I need to go to my aunt's house. It is her birthday so I'll be back around 5:00 to 7:00. Between that time I'll let my game upload and then when I am back I can post the link onto pokecommunity. Sound good.

By the way. This game is the size of an actual everyday computer game so it would be like buying a game at the store and downloading it.

It will be a package and all you have to do is install the package and everything should turn up where it should turn up. The package is in a .smzip file format, and when you click on it it'll read that it is not an available zip archive. So you rename it to have the extension ".zip" then open the file in any compression application like Winzip, Winrar, etc. Then you extract it to the Stepmania Porgram Directory and that is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back