Started by icycatelf October 12th, 2019 10:40 AM
  • 30 replies
Male
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
138 posts
2.5 Years
Glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks! The fossils were found by me. I'm not a professional by any means, just an appreciator of nature (though I rarely venture past my own yard).

I was avoiding pets until recently (I originally just wanted to add things I've found in the wild/caught myself), but I suppose my dad's spitz could pass for Growlithe/Arcanine. As for fish, minnows are the only ones in my immediate area.
Well, could have fooled me! I really like the concept of this photo collection. I would say it's fair to add domesticated animals when that's what the pokemon is based on (goldeen, furfrou, etc.)

icycatelf

Fake Card Artist

Age 29
Male
Kentucky
Online now
Posted 4 Days Ago
2,393 posts
14.8 Years
Well, could have fooled me! I really like the concept of this photo collection. I would say it's fair to add domesticated animals when that's what the pokemon is based on (goldeen, furfrou, etc.)
True. And Delcatty is based on pampered cats.

Added my dad's dog as Growlithe/Arcanine. He's even getting his winter coat, which makes it look like he has stripes.

EDIT: Actually, Rockruff might be a better match. While it may not be as fluffy, its curled tail is obviously based on spitz breeds.

This isn't to say that Growlithe and Arcanine don't also draw inspiration from spitz-type dogs, though. The Chow-Chow breed ("puffy lion dog" in China) may be closer to their origin and is part spitz.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5742-6200 • deviantARTGaiaOnline

icycatelf

Fake Card Artist

Age 29
Male
Kentucky
Online now
Posted 4 Days Ago
2,393 posts
14.8 Years
Added Kricketot, the Vanillite line, and Sawsbuck. (I think it's strange that they gave female Sawsbuck horns.) I also removed Squirtle and used the box/land turtle for Turwig instead.

It also struck me that Milly may actually be a Balinese or similar breed based on her plumed tail, so I replaced Persian's entry with a Siamese cat I saw back in college and have now listed her as Leafeon instead. Leafeon, like Persian, shares similarities with Siamese cats, but the plumed tail of a Balinese (which is a sub-breed of Siamese) is more reminiscent of Leafeon's wide tail.

icycatelf

Fake Card Artist

Age 29
Male
Kentucky
Online now
Posted 4 Days Ago
2,393 posts
14.8 Years

White Flannel Moth

Though I feel that it has more in common with the Indian Moon Moth, I just discovered that new Pokémon Frosmoth's Chinese names are derived from flannel moths. This would certainly make Snom, a jewel slug caterpillar, fit better (seeing as Dalceridae, Limacodidae, and Megalopygidae larvae are all referred to as slug caterpillars).

Advertiser Content