• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] XSE changes offsets after compiling

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 28, 2022
Dear community,
I am close to despair and depression. For hours I was trying to figure out why my script wasnt working. What I finaly noticed was, that XSE is changing the offsets of my subscripts after compiling. They differ from what is displayed in the output box. I can only see these changes once I reload the script.

Info: Emerald (32 MB), applied Chacha Dinosaur's Battle Engine Upgrade, Pokemon Expansion, Items, TMs, Tutor Moves Expansion and Dizzy?s Hacked Engine.

The Script and (just) 2 examples of what's bothering me:
(All code embedded offsets are affected)
Spoiler:

As you can see, only the first two characters of my offsets change and only of those that are embedded in the code. Unluckily, that causes the script to point into nothingness making the script useless. I have the slight feeling that there is an easy solution to it. But I spent the last 4 hours looking for solution by experimenting, reading threads and googleing without success. Help is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Problem is solved. It was not related to the script offsets. They are fine. Had to fix positions of OW sprites.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
This is standard gba memory mapping. The ROM offset 0x108A904 is mapped as memory address 0x908A904. There's nothing incorrect about that.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 28, 2022
This is standard gba memory mapping. The ROM offset 0x108A904 is mapped as memory address 0x908A904. There's nothing incorrect about that.

Well, if that is supposed to be like that... I have again no clue why nothing is happening on script activation...

Years
Looking at the first few lines of script if neither flag is set then the script will simply hidesprite, release and end. Try it with either flag set and see if it works. Also you have a release command there but no lock command before it so you can probably get rid of that release command.

The hidesprite 0x23 and flag 0x23 have the same value, but the npc event flag to make them disappear isn't the same as the npc number for hidesprite. If the npc is event no. a change hidesprite 0x23 to hidesprite 0xa

Last edited:
Back