• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Materials

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
What are your favorite artistic brands or products, for any medium? :)

Years
For writing or simple line sketching I used pilot g2 ink pens, I prefer the 0.38 size the best. For ink that you want to make sure doesn't smear with liquid, has felt tip and comes in a lot of colors and sizes Sakura Micron pens are very good. For pencils, you can use whatever but I've had a good experience with Staedtler's Mars Lumograph pencils. Staedtler also makes a white eraser that works extremely well! Prismacolor is the best for colored pencils! However Faber-Castell makes good watersoluble colored pencils, or watercolor pencils. Actually, Faber-Castell has never steered me wrong in terms of their supplies. They may not be the best out there, but they are always a good choice.
While Copic markers are good, Prismacolor Markers are good as well and a bit cheaper!

In terms of paper, the overall GOOD paper for anything is Canson paper! However specifically Arches Watercolor paper is the best for that, and BFK Rives is one of the best all purpose papers I've found. A handy notebook are Moleskin notebooks, but I found their paper quality has changed and it's really thin and sleek. Which you may like that! But I do not, so I prefer Canson sketchbooks. A pretty obscure sketchbook I've used in the past but just haven't got my hands on at most stores recently is Kunst and Papier binder board sketchbooks.

Back