• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Pixel Challenge (#13) | Inspriation: Make a Scene

Years
Update!
edit: AHHH I just saw that you actually put CSS to make it show as the cursor, it's so cuuuuuttteee. It doesn't animate but wow so cute.

Current Standings (Week 10)

9SMJ6rs.gif
CDB: 143

9SMJ6rs.gif
Nina: 132

ZKE: 120
Kirby: 108
Vendily: 60
9SMJ6rs.gif
Juno: 52

Logiedan: 49
Lostelle: 45
M.L : 42
9SMJ6rs.gif
Merlin: 23

zappyspiker: 23
Cyberglass: 15
9SMJ6rs.gif
CatmanDaTrainer: 10

Shibui: 10
JohnnyMustang: 10
Foxrally: 10
Deltakirby: 10
Loki: 10
Tobiasu: 10
PoLlOrOn: 10
Spherical Ice: 10

Last edited:
Reactions: CDB

CDB

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Wooo still in first haha
And yeah, I tried to get the cursor to animate but the css is being weird :(

I actually love the fish theme; I've been working on an underwater-themed site for the past week and the fish just compliments that haha

Edit!!
Didn't want to double post haha Does Sharpedo count as a fish?

234ZKlw.png

Last edited:
Years
A sharpedo does count as a fish and WOW I forgot to update. Let's just let this one an extra week longer shall we?

Years
24 Hours Left on Challenge #10!

Pixel Challenge #11

C A N D Y

:pokeball: CANDY Candy turned 20 a while a go, so pixel some CANDY!

Example:

tumblr_nr0wcokMJp1snc5kxo1_500.png

example by: Pretty-Transparents

:pokeball: For this week.... (#11)
You'll get 5 points 3 for every extra.

Last edited:
Years
for the challenge #10

I did a different approach to get into practice. idk if it counts though haha, but it was all good practice and fun

BNoFgGq.png

angler fish.
I was lazy with the background there

Years
There's a bevy of events going on because of the GT as well, so this is a time to do some past challenges if you want!

Years

Pixel Challenge #12

Pixel Self-Portrait

:pokeball: Make a portrait of yourself! Or of someone's face if you're too uncomfortable to do yourself, but we're looking for people who look more "real".

Example:

tumblr_nv7u64IYF81r7gvz1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nv7u64IYF81r7gvz1o2_1280.jpg

examples by: Vic Nguyen
(check out his entire gallery, it's full of nice self portraits)

:pokeball: For this week.... (#12)
You'll get 10 points 5 for every extra!

Years
I decided to do a pixel potrait of Tilda Swinton. Not sure if it looks much like her. Then again, I have never attempted a pixel portrait. :p
2SGszHG.png

Reference Image
Spoiler:

Reactions: ZKE
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
This thread is genuinely amazing and I am very sad that I have only just come across it! Really wish I'd known about this earlier as this looks like great fun and a wonderful chance to practice spriting skills with some really cool challenges. I assume it's too late to submit entries for previous weeks? There's no way on earth I'm good enough for this week's portrait contest but I might try some of the others for fun now and join in when there's something I can manage! If it's worth points then I'm even more game 8D

Edit: Been reading through the whole thread and there are a lot of "submit work for the previous challenge" posts so I'll go ahead and do them but if they don't count that's fine, doing it for fun/practice :D Also woah you guys have made some really amazing things here.

Last edited:
Years
Pixel Challenge #13

Make a Scene

→ Another inspiration round! Make a mock-up, scene, or mood with pixel art! Our example for these two weeks will be from the upcoming game Eastward. Lighting optional.

Examples:
tumblr_inline_o9li0fIzS51trzazb_500.gif

tumblr_o07hpoodnV1urlo7oo1_400.gif

tumblr_o2xar0UMPE1urlo7oo3_1280.png

tumblr_o2xar0UMPE1urlo7oo4_1280.png

15 points! No extras, but all your work into one!

When's the deadline?:
When the next week's challenge is posted, you have 24 hours left on last week's prompt.

Points will be updated after a few rounds!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ahh, very challenging. Excellent prompt, Nina! I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with!

Years
For the sake of clarification, the custom lighting is allowed right (using FX programs such as photoshop)? I figured I asked this since it isn't in the pixel art realm unless done by hand, however Eastward uses this lighting technique for its amazing visuals.

Years
For the sake of clarification, the custom lighting is allowed right (using FX programs such as photoshop)? I figured I asked this since it isn't in the pixel art realm unless done by hand, however Eastward uses this lighting technique for its amazing visuals.

Yes! I don't expect you to do this lighting by hand, or if you included lighting, to do it the same caliber as Eastward.

Back