• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Evil team change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
As you know, Team Plasma were the evil team in Pokemon Black and White. But what if they weren't in Black2 and White2 (or played less significant roles)? The red and blue coloured numbers on the box art led me to this: what if Team Aqua and Team Magma returned? Firstly, there are two games instead of one, so one team could return in each of the new games, just like Ruby and Sapphire. Not only that, but according to Serebii, red and blue statues can be seen all over Unova from the viewing platform in the new starting town. But what do you think?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well speculation has it that the new professor is evil, so maybe he has something to hide.

I'm sure he does but not sure that that follows into new evil teams. xD

I don't really see a new team, tbh. The "red and blue things" around the region were mentioned in the context of this image:

7PnKa.png

Which looks far from evil and much more like a Musical addition than an evil team's base. If they did bring in a new evil team, I would guess they would bring in a brand new one instead of an old one across an entire ocean.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Existence of red and blue bits of a building does not a return of Magma and Aqua make - it seems to be pulling an arrow from very far away to me. =/ specially in that above picture... because let's face it, Magma and Aqua hated each other. So why would they share the same building for some...purpose of some kind? Box art text colouring rarely has a relation to the characters or teams in the game itself too, and nor do I see it as any indication to be a herald for Magma and Aqua (I think it's far more likely it's just a meaningless colour motif in the numbers, or a relation between the cool-blue electricty of Zekrom and red-hot fire of Reshiram, both linked to Kyurem the game mascot).

There'd have to be reason for Magma and Aqua to be in B2W2 as well, which'd be hard to explain given they were based in Hoenn and disabanded after the events of RSE as well. Precense of a different team in a region far away from Hoenn just seems...unlikely to me to be used as the main team in the game when it's more likely a brand new team or a continuation of Plasma will be used imo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah agreeing with the others. If anything there will be a new team other than Plasma. Dunno, it just depends on the angle they go with the scientist, but otherwise Magma/Aqua don't really... have a reason to be there other than to advertise remakes, and the games would feel kinda foreign to me if they had other evil teams there. :x

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
Maybe we'll see the Rockets again. There is a former one of them there, if some of the other Rockets decided to track him down they might then be all "Hey let's try and make a base here!" It would be an anime tie-in too.

Although I think even that's unlikely. I'm more leaning towards a new team/neo-Plasma. Unova doesn't really have anything that would be useful to Aqua and Magma's respective goals, really. Unless Archie was planning on freezing the world, and then melting the ice to expand the sea. Which would be... Creative.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I think I have a stinking suspicion that the professor is up to no good. He most certainly doesn't look like someone you would trust with, and his name is in the Names to Run Away from Really Fast list. :P

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Evil professor intrigues me. But personally, I'm more a supporter of the Team Rocket-style mafia crime organizations who seek to gain money and power, rather than the newer teams that have convoluted, planet-changing schemes that involve legendaries. I'm probably in the minority here since legendary-schemes do make for more epic storylines, but sometimes a return to the basics of criminal enterprises can be good, too.

I don't think it'll be one of the older teams. If it's not Plasma, then I'd fully expect a brand new team to emerge and stir up trouble.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm sure he does but not sure that that follows into new evil teams. xD

I don't really see a new team, tbh. The "red and blue things" around the region were mentioned in the context of this image:

7PnKa.png

Which looks far from evil and much more like a Musical addition than an evil team's base. If they did bring in a new evil team, I would guess they would bring in a brand new one instead of an old one across an entire ocean.
I believe that's Homika (poison gym leader's) gym as Serebii mentioned her gym being a music hall.

Seeing team Rocket again would be boring...but maybe the new team is made from the remains of Galactic (those who Saturn didn't reform and are still loyal to Ghetsis, why would Cyrus join him? Maybe Ghetsis promises the orbs...), Rocket, and Plasma itself.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I think the professor might play a role in this. Not evil, but misguided. The professor's character arc could mirror that of Cheren in BW. The professor has a single minded goal of Pure Power, similar to Cheren but a different take on the idea.

The Professor studies power, and this leads him into a series of misguided decisions involving Team Evil Man. The musketeers might be a part of the story in this one too.

I think there is a place for Team Rocket in BW2. The come in and assemble all of the other broken up teams into an army to take over the world.

If Game Freak had an idea for a brand new team, they would save it for Gen6.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
On the note of the picture btw here's a better bigger version of it:
Spoiler:

So unless Team Magma really let themselves go and like capes and glasses, and Aqua are now using giant Pokemon/mecha things and they advrtise this in a building design, I think it's something else. =p

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So according to the trailer, we do have a new evil team from the looks of it? o_O Kinda ugly imo if that is them. :(

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Just saw the footage for the trailer, and who could these guys be? Possible evil team??

Spoiler:

Figured this would only best suit this thread.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I didn't see the team in the trailer. Can you Screen shot them?
Boi, Kaori just posted a picture of them right above your post. :P

sE5WA.png

idk to me they could be an evil team, but he's saying something like "Okay, I'm going now..." and to me that seems like something you would say after you get into trouble at the end of a confrontation with authority. Maybe the evil team is an authoritative team, like some form of law enforcement that's corrupt?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Oop! Could of course be that too (I don't know any of what he's saying word for word there unlike you), that just makes me like him more. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
They look sorta like some... ginger army. Why the orange hair, seriously. I much preferred Plasma's designs from what I can see. :x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
OH HEY YOU'RE RIGHT. It was just less uh, obvious. Nahhh their designs are too different overall to be a resurgence type thing. Perhaps Unova just breeds ginger haired people? :(

Cello

Tonight!
Years
OH HEY YOU'RE RIGHT. It was just less uh, obvious. Nahhh their designs are too different overall to be a resurgence type thing. Perhaps Unova just breeds ginger haired people? :(

Maybe Unova was unknowingly based after Ireland or something of the sort? Heh.

But yeah, that beret thing is weird... The evil team just keeps getting more and more eccentric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back