• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln laughed as Daniel rushed in - he had just been about to do the same thing. Shaking his head he sank to the floor and sat down, crossing his legs, next to Alexis.

"I guess you and me can referee, huh?"

The pokemon that had transformed intruiged him. He couldn't claim to know what it was, or even if what it looked like now was it's true form. It looked pretty badass.

Not a Rock type, I know that much. Shame.

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
Hiromu was doing alright in keeping up with his pair of Pokemon fine, but the sudden rush in on Daniel's part threw him off guard. And it showed just as much with Luco and Jellal as well. It was rather odd in a way, but Hiromu couldn't help but laugh at the guy's spunk. "Ahahaha! W-whoa whoa, guy! It's okay! This is how we train. They like to pop this surprise on me every so often. Keeps us all on our toes!" Luco and Jellal would nod in agreement, Hiromu ruffling Daniel's hair a bit.

"Besides, right now, you're looking at my greatest Tag Team combo. They're both very fast, and equally as strong. I let them team up on me so I can gauge how well they work together. And its pretty neat some of the things that come up as a result." The boy would soon wipe the sweat from his brow, patting Daniel on the shoulder. "You sure you wanna try this? We tend to get pretty rough, and I don't exactly wanna wind up getting in trouble for roughing up another student." He said this jokingly of course, but also meant it. With Jellal on the field, training usually got borderline brutal, and he wasn't sure if involving another person would be a good idea.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak
Daniel would slowly stop hopping from one foot to the other, glancing to Hiro', and then from him to the two Pokémon in front of them, still grinning excitedly, the rush of adrenaline still going strong in him.

"Yeah, I saw! They look like a pretty good team, but sometimes, you've got to throw something into the mix, something that's not accounted for. A wild card of sorts! If they're such a great team, they should have no problem with keeping up with the both of us, right?"

He kept grinning his wide, toothy grin, clearly enjoying his first day at the academy. Having already made a couple of friends, one of them being this completely amazing trainer who might as well have already graduated.

Daniel nodded firmly, rolling both of his shoulders slightly, the grin turning into a confident smile.

"I'm sure. Me and Alexis usually don't train against one another, mostly because… well, she gets carried away and things tends to get a bit electric. But this is right up my alley! Unless you don't –want- me to fight, of course. Guess it could be pretty fun watching those two beat you up."

He said this with a wry smirk, giving Hiro' a nudge to show that he obviously just meant it as a joke. He looked back to the Lucario and Zoroark, flexing his fingers a little. This was definitely going to be tough, but he was sure that he could hold his ground against either of the fox Pokémon.

Meanwhile, Alexis was rolling her eyes, slumping to a sit next to Linc', her tail's thunderbolt moving down to her right, the tip of it trailing along the floor of the stadium, beginning to discharge once more, a small, scorched area becoming visible beneath the tip of her tail.

"Chhh ai… chu." 'Typical… always biting off more than he can chew.'

She did smile however, fond over how, almost no matter what the odds, Daniel would at least try to step up to the challenge. She glanced towards Linc' and down to the pokéballs on his belt, tilting her head questioningly.

"Raich?" 'Why aren't your partners out here?'

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln watched the two trainers debate whether fighting giant martial arts wolf pokemon was a good idea or not with a bemused smile on his face. It wasn't a good idea, but if Daniel hadn't run in, Linc would have been wrestling with that transforming pokemon already.

"Hm?" He looked to Alexis as she said something and followed her gaze down to his belt. "My pokemon? Oh. Well, they kinda struggle to keep up with me when I'm walkin' around, so I don't keep them out like Dan does with you."

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Skye

Skye waited a second, then walked gently toward Rama. He cradled the Zorua quietly. Lessons did have to be learned the hard way. It didn't mean he had to like teaching them. He pet the fox's fur and Pala climbed to the ground, trying to carry Skye's bag. Skye chuckled and picked it up, letting Pala plop on her bottom with a tiny thud. Her lip jutted out but she smiled stubbornly.

Maxwell was laughing from where he stood. Skye raised an eyebrow and shook his head. If this guy met Cam... it'd be a funny fest for sure. Pala rose to her back paws and bounced excitedly. Skye grinned at Maxwell and the offered bag. "Nuh-ho thanks. I-I'm not hungry. But theh-the bah-bah-battle wuh-was fuh-fun." He patted Rama's head. "H-Huh-Hope thih-his guh-guy got the meh-meh-message."

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
I sighed in relief as Nurse Joy's Audino healed Star. She jumped out of its arms, and landed next to me. I waited for Joy herself to heal Psy, and started thinking about Royal. I could have used her in the battle... Where did she wander off to? I looked around the Center, and right outside of it, but to no avail. I couldn't find her. I started pacing when she walked in cheerfully. She reached inside my bag and got out her Pokeball. She returned herself, as I taught them to. I picked up her ball and put it back.

Joy called me over, and I picked up Psy from her. Hmm... I need more variety in my team. A Dark, Psychic, and Grass is not the best... Maybe a Water and a Ghost will do. Ooh! An Electric also! After classes tomorrow I need to start searching. Star nudged my leg as Kilik walked in. "Oh! Sorry I didn't thank you. You were a great partner Kilik!" I smiled and Star walked up to him. She nudged his leg, and stared at his Pokeballs. I guess she has renewed energy and wants to play with his Pokemon.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Genevieve

Genevieve watched in awe as Quillie used Eruption causing a giant cloud of sand to form. When it cleared both Pokemon where knocked out. Glancing to where she set down the basket she smiled seeing Toto asleep with Slackey watching him and went to Maxwell as he returned Quillie. She looked a bit worried when she saw the look on his face but smiled when he started laughing and she couldn't help but giggle with him. Genevieve went to his side taking his free hand in her's "that was a great battle" she said smiling before looking at Skye. "nice to meet you Skye, I'm Genevieve" she said before taking a chip from Maxwell's chip bag and popping it into her mouth.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell looked at Skye, seems the guy had fun with this battle too... But was he really, Maxwell had seemingly not been too much of a challenge for Skye. But then again... Apparently he didn't want any Hippowdo's either. "Oh well, more for me it is then!" Maxwell thought to himself. He was just one inch away from chomping down the entire bag, but once again his manners prevented that. Instead he gently took out one chips after another and started to munch carefully on them.

"Well Skye, I guess I'll see ya' around!" he said in a cheery tone and was about to start walknig towards Genevieve. This day had been awesome, the addition of Katam to his team and the battle with Skye... Maxwell promised himself quietly that he'd train hard enough to beat Skye one day. Suddenly he felt something reach into his chips bag, what the? Ah, it was just Genevieve, she introduced herself to Skye.

"Hey now, don't go stealing my stuff!" Maxwell laughed.

"So. Do you wanna do anything after I've hit the PokéCenter? The night is still young..." he laughed at the cheesy line. Maxwell reached down for Slackey and picked him up, he gently put the sloth-Pokémon on his head. Said Pokémon emmideately crawled into his trainer's hood again, it was so warm and cozy in there, so warm and... After about a minute, snores could be heard coming from Slackey, he had fallen asleep as usual.

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
Everyone had suddenly left him behind at the same time, but Austin didn't mind much, he was relieved. He didn't know if he could take being around them. The Sableye, the Misdreavous... Austin shuddered at the thought. He tried to push it to the back of his mind. That wasn't something he needed to worry about anymore. They were gone and he was fine. For now, at least. It was Halloween! Ghost pokemon should be expected, but... Still.

He felt more comfortable now that he had Mime Jr. with him. He had to walk alone to the Pokemon Center, Chatot trying to avoid getting hit by another scare. Now on their way back home, Mimey walked with him, mostly because, after being cooped up in the center for a day and a half, he wanted to stretch his legs. The pokemon kept wiggling his bandaged arm around, looking at it sharply as if he could make it unwrap with his mind. He was psychic type, so maybe he could. As usual, Junior copied Austin's every step and motion, copying him like a master mind. He always wondered how the pokemon could do something so in time like that. He also wondered why he didn't find it annoying at all.

They were on campus now, making their way to the dorm room so they could finally put on their costumes. The night would be over soon! They needed to get cracking. All this walking wouldn't do a thing either. Austin's head snapped down to Mime Jr. quick.

"Mimes!" he called to him. The pokemon looked up immediately at the call of his name. "We gotta get moving, we're wasting time here!" Mime Jr. suddenly broke into a smile. He didn't like all the walking anyways. He had energy to burn and running would be the best way. Austin started off first and Mime Jr. came behind him, running with the same form in motion. Together, they looked like the perfect running duo, almost like they did this all the time. Or like they were running late for something.

With Junior not far behind the two were making good progress towards the dorm. The two of them were running with good speed and the buildings went by fast (to them, at least). From where they were, Raikou dorm wasn't all that close. Austin estimated they'd get there with ten minutes of straight running. He wasn't the most fit guy out there, though. Could he run for ten minutes straight? He didn't think Junior could do very well in that. Maybe he could, he always had a lot of energy.

The first dorm they passed was Suicune Dorm. It was huge, that place. It was supposed to house the best students at this school. Austin' envied them, not being as up to par as they were. Whatever. He didn't need to be. He could beat one if he really wanted to...

As he sped by building he saw a kid sitting on a bench outside. Sitting on a bench? What was with this kid? Austin stopped suddenly, skidding a bit as he did. Mime Jr. did the same. He back tracked and went up to this sitting kid. Man, it was Halloween. Who just sits!?

"You waitin' for someone?" He asked, grinning kind of stupid. Mime Junior repeated the question in his pokemon language, standing the same as Austin and grinning the same way too.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
(OoC: I think I'll let Yaibe evolve on Kilik's next battle tomorrow.)

Kilik Chambers

What a day's battles. Two battles already & lost both of them. The first one wasn't well to his taste considering how bad he fought there. The second, however, showed him a glimpse of his skills. If he kept battling like that, victory would be on his side. As he entered the Pokemon Center, he was greeted by none other than Kat. He could recognize her from her Umbreon costume. It almost made him forget he was wearing his Samurott costume.

Almost.

"Oh! Sorry I didn't thank you. You were a great partner Kilik!" She comment. Looks like he's got some praise.

"You weren't bad yourself." He commented back. It's good to be noticed. He showed a genuine smile when Star was nudging his leg. He saw she wanted to play with his Pokemon. ...He hasn't even gone to the counter yet. "Just give me a minute." He said to Star, then at Kat before walking to Nurse Joy. She gladly took Yaibe & Mistress' Pokeballs.

"Twice in one day?" She questioned. "You need to be more careful of your Pokemon, don't push them." Kilik only stayed silent before she walked away to heal his Pokemon. He was done with the battles today anyway. He walked back to Kat & her Pokemon, not forgetting his offer.

He took a breath before speaking. "Here's my thought. When we were battling at the battlefield I started thinking. I need to hone my skills, & your Pokemon were pretty good out there. I want you to be my training partner." There goes the offer. Hopefully she would accept. Kilik's met with other people here before, even N, which reminds him about that little kid that was beat. He should try looking for them tomorrow after class. Where was he? Oh yeah! Kilik's met with other people here before, but Kat was nice enough to team up with him earlier. He hasn't had a long conversation with anyone yet, now it was Kat he was talking to longer than anyone else he talked to since he arrived to the academy. What would her answer be?

(OoC: I think I've said this before about Kat's costume, but cute skirt!~ x3 )

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Valorie Ryder​

Valorie silently couldn't help but wonder exactly how long Shu had been in that forest. Her referenced having died, but was it at all related? Was he like, helping those avoid his own fate or something heroic like that? She didn't see why he felt the need to possess people though. Then again, she probably wouldn't have listened to a pokemon telling her what to do.

Valorie: "So, um..."

Abruptly Valorie was interrupted. She couldn't understand Snype, you see, and so Shu's conversation now sounded one sided. She found this mildly irritating.

Shu (Valorie's Yamask): "Oh, I don't know that... I wouldn't approach her if my non-life depended on it. You'd feel it in your gut if she was near though."

Valorie just sort of glanced at Shu. Cue anime sweatdrop. She found his mannerisms a bit awkward, but such was not the point of why she'd spoken up.

Valorie: "I think this guy might be creepy enough for one halloween night."

Valorie's expression turned into that of a pleasant smile. She was just happy that she wouldn't have to deal with the inevitable confrontation between her and Shu that would've happened if she hadn't been able to convince them not to go. Meanwhile, Shu just sort of glanced at Valorie, giving her a look. When he next spoke, it was no longer telepathy. Only pokemon could understand him.

Shu (Valorie's Yamask): "Grrn... No respect for their elders..."

Shu mumbled a few other inaudible phrases, but soon dropped it.

Valorie: "It's also really late. We have to get /some/ sleep, right?"

She had a point, considering exploring the forest would've no doubt taken quite some time, assuming they weren't attacked.

Olivia Wolf​

Olivia briefly said thank you to the two trainers as they commented on the battle and left, though she was still kind of confused over what exactly had happened in the latter part. Perhaps lady luck had bestowed upon one of the two pokemon a critical hit or something. She had no idea, really. All she knew was Myra had fainted pretty easily. Olivia gave Kilik a mildly suspicious smile at the handshake, as if suspecting something more to it. It wasn't often that a boy approached and shook her hand, actually. It seemed rather forward. Regardless, after the others had left Kenshin made a comment to her. Olivia turned to Kenshin, smiling brightly.

"Yeah!~"

She paused a brief moment.

"But the real joy was getting to battle with others at all~"

She nodded in a sage-like manner to herself, as if reciting words if wisdom she'd heard elsewhere, though it seemed to be in her own words at the least.

393.png
Myra ♀ Lv. 23 (Attract, Captivate, Scald, Brick Break, Signal Beam, Ice beam)
281r.png
Lea ♀ Lv. 29 (Stored Power, Calm Mind, Attract, Double Team, Psych Up, Telekinesis)
300q.png
Rosie ♀ Lv. 20 (Attract, Charm, Captivate, Wish, Payback, Last Resort)
---
---
---

The Immortal One

Life... Challenge Accepted!
Years
Byron MacTavish

Byron was staring up at the night sky thinking about his future at the academy. But his thoughts were interrupted by a boy with a Mime. Jr.

"You waitin' for someone?" he asked.

Byron looked down from the sky and looked at the boy. He wore a yellow jacket, meaning he was a Raikou dorm member. Members of the Raikou dorm were barely able to get into the school, but were let in due to their potential. Byron had heard of Suicune dorm members that would terrorize the members of these dorms because they thought of them as the trash of the academy. But this boy didn't seem so bad.

"Um… no… I was… just sitting… her," he stuttered to say.

Byron thought his confidence would be risen because of his excitement, but he was mistaken.

Kikpanther

Years
Austin raised an eyebrow as he waited for this kid to get a sentence out. He didn't expect that from him. You think when you were in the Suicune Dorm, you'd have not only the ability to battle, but the ability to put a sentence together. He got the slight feeling that the kid didn't want to talk, or something.

"Just sitting here? For what? It's Halloween! Haven't you noticed?" It was like this kid was blind to dates or something! Had he completely overlooked the costumes, the decorations? "You can't sit around here on a holiday. Get up and do something!" He paused for a minute, his features going thoughtful. OF course, Mime Jr. was copying all of this. His face went normal again. "Wait a minute..." Austin and Junior said at the same time, Austin in English and Mime Junior in... Pokemon. "Don't tell me you aren't a fan of holidays."

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
Years
Jason Monterio Basco

Jason just finsihed returning Kirlia after Gen had returned Shock.

Even though Electrike had successfully paralysed Hyper, it was with Thunder Wave so Hyper wouldn't have been as badly paralysed if it had been with Stun Spore or a Body Slam after-effect. Well thats at least what Ralts had told him.

Hyper was charging in with his arms in an 'X' shape. Cross Chop was a powerful move.

"Electrike try and dodge it!" commanded Jason.

Electrike headed the command, but made a grave error. Instead of leaping to the side he decided to leap back.

Hyper was just withing two feet of striking distance, but seeing Electrike move back he was still charging towards him.

The move it and Electrike was slammed into the ground, Jason could tell that hit was not typical, it was critical.

That was it Jason and Electrike were out. And with all that effort Gen had pulled through.

Jason stared into the ground, he had participated in his first double battle and lost, but Gen deserved the victory.

Jason got his Poké Ball and returned Electrike, he took a look towards his Poké Ball.

"Hey i got a new Kirla, which was what i set out for with the battle" Jason commented to himself. He walked towards Gen and raised his hand out in respect.

"Good Battle, you were truly brilliant" said Jason.

The Immortal One

Years
Byron MacTavish

The boy seemed shocked at what Byron had said.

"Just sitting here? For what? It's Halloween! Haven't you noticed?" the boy told Byron.

Byron knew it was Halloween. He just wasn't a very celebratory person. It wasn't that he hated holidays; he loved seeing everyone's happy faces around holidays. He just wasn't very festive.

"You can't sit around here on a holiday. Get up and do something!" he said.

Byron noticed that this boys Mime. Jr was copying every move her made. It was quite a funny thing to watch. It was funny until the boy started scolding him again.

"Wait a minute! Don't tell me you aren't a fan of holidays!"

Byron didn't know what to say. He hated being talked to by new people, especially when they scolded him upon their first meeting.

Byron stood up to speak to the boy.

"No… it's just… I… well… I'm just… you know… uh… er," Byron tried to spit out some words but he was too nervous to speak.

Byron sat back down. He embarrassed himself yet again.

Kikpanther

Years
The kid stood up, said some things, and then sat back down. Man... There was something up with this kid. Although, he could have been making him uncomfortable. Yeah, it was one of those things. It happened a lot. Austin knew he was a pretty cool guy, but... He didn't want to scare everyone he knew away.

Austin attempted to make himself look nicer in case he was looking mean. "Okay, let's slow down. What's your name? I'm Austin."

(Sorry for the short post! D=)

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
Hiromu smiled sheepishly, admiring Daniel's enthusiasm, but still had to shake his head. "Sorry, dude, but I can't risk it. I mean, if you'd really wanna try, then how about we try during the day when classes aren't in session? Who knows, maybe I'll see you in a couple of them? Besides, I'm about to step it up a bit more. I've been wanting to try some combinations with my partners."

He really didn't wanna sound like he were chasing Daniel away, but, when he was subjecting himself as the test dummy, this wasn't a time to drag other people in. He'd gently push Daniel towards the side of the stage, before giving him a thumbs up, facing Luco and Jellal. They would step a few feet apart, awaiting Hiromu's instruction. "Yep. Time to try some flashy moves, wouldn't you two say?" The response was a nod, before the boy pointed to Luco. "Okay, Luco. Exsphere Barrage!"

The Lucario's eyes glowed before it vanished from sight, reappearing in front of Hiromu in an instant. A pair of Aura Spheres glowed in its paws, before they were thrust forward into his chest. The impact of the blast was enough to send him spiraling towards the edge of the stage, before he managed to plant his feet and screech on the very edge, flailing before he managed to balance himself again. "Eeeee...!...Phew...ouch. Damn, that hurts ALOT!", he said with a bit of a wheeze. "But that's good! That's what we're looking for, right? Oof..."

The Immortal One

Years
Byron MacTavish

Byron could see that the boy knew he was making him uncomfortable, so he fixed his appearance to make himself look nicer.

"Okay, let's slow down. What's your name? I'm Austin." He said.

Byron looked back up at him. He was a little aggressive at first, but now he was being quite nice.

"I'm… uh… Byron," Byron managed to spit out, although he spoke quite quietly.

Byron gave a smile to Austin. He wanted to be polite even though he wasn't good at talking to people.

"So Austin, how long… have you… you know… been at… the academy," Byron asked, again in a quiet tone.

It wasn't like Byron to actually try to make conversation. But Austin was being so kind that Byron had to get to know him a little more.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak​

Alexis tilted her head to the other side, her ears raising and lowering slightly before she nodded slightly, seemingly understanding.

"A-rai rrruuch?" 'But we're not going anywhere now, why don't you let them out?'

As Hiromu shook his head, Daniel knew exactly what was coming. He let out a disappointed sigh, having gotten himself worked up to the point where he needed to burn off some energy. As Hiro' was starting to make amends for it, Daniel just smiled, waving a hand dismissively.

"Hey, no no, it's alright. I understand. It –was- your training session and I just… sort of barged in on it. Sorry."

He gave Hiro's back a pat, stepping out of the arena again, returning the thumb's up gesture with a grin.

"Good luck in there. I think I'll head off and try and find my dorm, maybe get settled in."

Letting Hiro' train with his two Pokémon, Daniel strolled over to Alexis and Linc', smiling sheepishly as he bent down, picking up his jacket and tugging it and his backpack on again, the Raichu pushing herself to a stand. Daniel offered a hand for Linc', in case he wanted to come with him.

"Looks like training's not happening right now, heh. You want to come along, try and find out where we're staying? Did you say you weren't sure what dorm you were in, or…?"

Daniel couldn't help but look a little disappointed from not getting to join in on the training, but tried to shrug it off with a carefree smile, Alexis turning to watch Luco slam Hiro' to the ground.

".. Chhu." '.. Impressive.'

Kikpanther

Years
Byron... He'd never met a Byron before. Brian, Bryant, not Byron, though. It was a pretty cool name, in his opinion. He couldn't say the same for his name, though. There wasn't a lot of ways to edit the name Austin. It was okay, but... He thought his name was kind of common. Who didn't know an Austin? He had friends who called Aussie, but it wasn't a Byron.

Austin and Mime Jr. shrugged in unison. "Just a couple weeks or so. Not quite a month yet. Why? Are you new here?" Now that he thought about it, he'd never seen Byron before, but then again, he didn't know every student here.

Back