• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I'm thinking about SRing for a shiny Rotom on Diamond. Azelf just really isn't holding my interest.

I dunno if I mentioned it here, but I'm also soft resetting for Regice on Ruby now instead of Anorith.

I've had lots of target changes today.

Edit: MM, how long have you been hunting for Chikorita? It really must be your favorite shiny...I don't think there's any shiny I'd consider breeding eggs for too long without taking some sort of break besides Manaphy.

Years
I'm thinking about SRing for a shiny Rotom on Diamond. Azelf just really isn't holding my interest.

I dunno if I mentioned it here, but I'm also soft resetting for Regice on Ruby now instead of Anorith.

I've had lots of target changes today.

Edit: MM, how long have you been hunting for Chikorita? It really must be your favorite shiny...I don't think there's any shiny I'd consider breeding eggs for too long without taking some sort of break besides Manaphy.
Meganium is my favourite shiny.

My Chikorita data tracking sheet was created on August 6, 2006. I've been actively breeding Chikorita since at least then. One of the main reasons I bought Emerald was to hunt for Chikorita, along with a few others.

That said, yes, I have taken breaks. I took one big break known as D/P, plus a couple others when I lost interest in Pokémon in general. I'm currently on a short "break" to hunt ********.

Edit: My latest chain broke at 18 on the pattern:
Code:
############  ##
##x#########  ##
##################
##################
###**T######    ##
############    ##
##################
##################
####x#####
##########
T = trainer; x = shaking grass; * = flashing grass. The patch I entered was the furthest down. This is the actual complete grass arrangement of Spring Path and my location is accurate to where I activated the radar. I'll give you a shiny Nosepass if you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Edit2: I just lost a chain of 36 on the following arrangement:
Code:
############  ##
############  ##
##################
#########x########
####xT######    ##
########*###    ##
#######*##########
##################
##########
##########
..entering the furthest right, of course. I threw my DS. The Nosepass offer still stands.

Last edited:

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
Not having much luck with shiny Rialou, of corse i have got a name for it inspired by SSBB and the leaked images of Lucario and Snake. The name is Foxhound.
I gave up on Turtwig as i am really not so intrested in shiny torterra anymore, purly because it looks quite awful.

Other than that i have been playing on my psp more recently so i doubt i'll get any shinys soon due to online play on MPO+ really been addicting ^^

Good luck in all your hunts and MM i hope you get shiny Chikorita soon.

bloodthrister

Part of the TSC
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2008
I guess its just bad luck, MM. Just like in my case :P
It doesn't matter how hard I try, I never get past the 20 with my chain (exc for the Dunsparce, which broke at 41 with no shiny :( )

Still no shinies, did encounter a shiny staravia, but it got KO'd by a critical hit :( Curse you Electivire!!!

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
Wow sorry to hear about your misfortune bloodthrister. I would be very annoyed (-.-")

Anywhooo, I've still been SRing for Charmander but with no luck. Possibly have 200 SR's for him/her already :) Wish me gooodd luck!

....Good Luck and congrats to everyone!!

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
The only shiny I got within a month of SRing was Rotom. =/ Porygon, Abra, Dialga, all of the others took longer. At least I'm blessed with the tenacity to keep going. You know how many years I've had my eyes set on shiny Chikorita?

Hold on a sec, i'm confused *retard moment*
Where you implying in that post that i wouldn't have the tenacity to keep SRing if a shiny took me longer than a month to get?

Because i assure you that nothing is further from the truth, i was just pointing out that in most cases SRing for a shiny takes much longer than a month (you and brawl being prime examples) wheras in my case each shiny has shown up inside a month of SRing, the longest being rayquaza which iirc was one day from being a full month, and i was thinking how odd it was, thats all.

Now*waits on MM's answer which will no doubt put right what was most likely a wrongful assumption in the first place*

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
het guys wat do you think are the chances of getting another shiny electivire from my BATTLE REVOLUTION. This also applies to the magortar too.open to all sugestions.

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
Years
Not having much luck with shiny Rialou, of corse i have got a name for it inspired by SSBB and the leaked images of Lucario and Snake. The name is Foxhound.
I gave up on Turtwig as i am really not so intrested in shiny torterra anymore, purly because it looks quite awful.

Other than that i have been playing on my psp more recently so i doubt i'll get any shinys soon due to online play on MPO+ really been addicting ^^

Good luck in all your hunts and MM i hope you get shiny Chikorita soon.

well i thought shiny torterra looks kinda cool lol. Well i have recieved my japanese pearl from my friend and i have to say it is interesting... Now all my attention goes into turtwig on this pearl so that way i have an english pearl i chain on and a japanese pearl i soft reset on, but my next shiny will be turtwig. Good luck to everyone!

OFFTOPIC: oh and i just want to say MM since ur back and all. i only found this site and this club cause 1 day i was on youtube and i saw ur shiny dialga video which had a link to this site. So thx for that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
OFFTOPIC: oh and i just want to say MM since ur back and all. i only found this site and this club cause 1 day i was on youtube and i saw ur shiny dialga video which had a link to this site. So thx for that.

Funny story on how I found this site as well, I had just let a shiny quagsire get away from me in the gret marsh so the next day in school I typed "Shiny Quagsire" into google and one of the links on the first page was to page 300 something of this thread, so thats how I wound up on this site, I only registered so I could post here as well

Years
Hold on a sec, i'm confused *retard moment*
Where you implying in that post that i wouldn't have the tenacity to keep SRing if a shiny took me longer than a month to get?

Because i assure you that nothing is further from the truth, i was just pointing out that in most cases SRing for a shiny takes much longer than a month (you and brawl being prime examples) wheras in my case each shiny has shown up inside a month of SRing, the longest being rayquaza which iirc was one day from being a full month, and i was thinking how odd it was, thats all.

Now*waits on MM's answer which will no doubt put right what was most likely a wrongful assumption in the first place*
No. It was more of a "counting my blessings" statement. Basically, "I've had a terrible time with soft resets in the past, but I'm glad I know not to give up."

het guys wat do you think are the chances of getting another shiny electivire from my BATTLE REVOLUTION. This also applies to the magortar too.open to all sugestions.
"Another?" Implying you've gotten one before? If that's a yes, then the odds are the very same as last time--1/8192, in all likelihood. If that's not what you meant, then I can return to my previous inference: the PKTOPIA gifts each have fixed natures, genders, and trainer IDs, suggesting that they're all clones, at least in the PV department (anyone have IV sample data?), meaning they can never be shiny.

Just lost a chain on 37 with the following pattern, entering the patch furthest to the left:
Code:
############  ##
############  ##
##################
##################
#####Tx#x###    ##
#x#####x####    ##
##################
##################
##########
##########
That Nosepass is still up for offer, going once...

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Meganium is my favourite shiny.

Edit: My latest chain broke at 18 on the pattern:
Code:
############  ##
##x#########  ##
##################
##################
###**T######    ##
############    ##
##################
##################
####x#####
##########
T = trainer; x = shaking grass; * = flashing grass. The patch I entered was the furthest down. This is the actual complete grass arrangement of Spring Path and my location is accurate to where I activated the radar. I'll give you a shiny Nosepass if you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.
I'm not interested in a shiny Nosepass, but to me, it looks like you're chaining in Trophy Garden...anyways, assuming you were chaining using Normal patches, the reason why your chain broke is simple but, in essence, stupid. When you are using Normal patches to chain, if the two patches in Zone 1 and Zone 2 are Sparkly patches, and they are "touching", like they are in the above scenario, then the patch in Zone 3 has the highest chance of continuing your chain. According to a "13mjvr" user at SPPf, the chance of the patches in Zones 1 and 2 transfer to the patch in Zone 3...or something along those lines. Look for his guide, if you can.

Years
I'm not interested in a shiny Nosepass, but to me, it looks like you're chaining in Trophy Garden...anyways, assuming you were chaining using Normal patches, the reason why your chain broke is simple but, in essence, stupid. When you are using Normal patches to chain, if the two patches in Zone 1 and Zone 2 are Sparkly patches, and they are "touching", like they are in the above scenario, then the patch in Zone 3 has the highest chance of continuing your chain. According to a "13mjvr" user at SPPf, the chance of the patches in Zones 1 and 2 transfer to the patch in Zone 3...or something along those lines. Look for his guide, if you can.
By "zones", do you mean the concentric squares around the player (at the time of activation) at various distances? Are you suggesting that it would have been better to have entered the patch 3 cells away than the patch 4 cells away? Where does this info come from?

From personal experience, I've determined a few things about the radar, myself:
-The game always picks a single patch to shake at each 1, 2, 3, and 4 cells away. There cannot be two cells at the same distance from the player. (Diagonals count as one unit of distance.) Sometimes, the game picks a cell which doesn't actually contain grass for one or more of its shakes. (It simply ignores whether a cell contains grass or not.) In these cases, the particular shake in question is dropped and doesn't happen. If all four shakes are dropped, the "grassy patch remains quiet."
-There are only three types of shakes (possibly four if there are two kinds of shiny patches, but I don't believe so): regular shaking grass, flashing grass (three little dots that flash), and shiny grass. Differences in the appearance of flashing grass are but illusions caused by aliasing.
-Many of Shuko's original rules don't really apply. No harm comes from entering a patch with another adjacent, or from entering a patch when not all four shakes occur. It is very important that you only enter patches at distance 4, and that the patch you enter has the same style of shake (excluding shiny patches, of course!) as the one you entered previously.

Are you suggesting that the famous "most distant patch" rule doesn't always apply? You may be closer to that Nosepass than you think, wanted or not!

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
I would only go into the 4th patch of grass when either all for patches are x=shaking grass or three x's and one *. If there are 2 * I pass. It seems to work for me. But yes sometime even then the chain can break.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
Metal Mario, I've chained a few shinies on radar and one of the things I've picked up was that even though people say 4 is best I try to have the patches I enter 5 or more away from me otherwise I reset radar, it takes a long time but I got alot of broken chains from 4 so I try to stick to 5 at the very least and if 2 patches of the same type shake at opposite ends of my screen I reset it again, good luck with your chains as well, I've found also that if you go into the chain expecting to get a shiny you've lost the battle right there, I just go into it trying to get as high a chain as possible to beat my record and if a shiny pops up thats just icing on the cake, I don't chain for shinies I chain for high score

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
I've been EVing my competitive team by just doing rNDOM BATTLES SO i'M HOPING i'LL GET SOME SHINIES TO POP THAt way(sorry bout caps I hit the button)

~Crystal Entei~

If that is what you wish
Years
Hey guys!I know it's been a few weeks,it's just that my chaining was full of fail the entire time.Today that changed when I caught a shiny male Absol.I can't come up with a nickname to match his awesomeness!It was kind of by accident because I was chaining for it on the bus to school and everyone knows that buses aren't exactly the smoothest rides,making it hard to get the right patches.Now,I'm determined to find a shiny Rattata and name him Algernon in honor of 'Flowers for Algernon',a really good movie.Soo,good luck on your hunts!^^

Last edited:
Back