• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious Name three things you love about yourself.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I know there are times when we forget what's important to us. We also have a tendency to be hard on ourselves for trivial things, especially when it comes to loved ones saying that we are fine as we are. So, I want you to name at least THREE things you love about yourself. You can go into detail if you want... but I'm not going to enforce that too much. :3

I'll start.

1. My autism. The reason is because I feel as though it makes me who I am. I don't even dare to imagine my life without it. I just feel connected to it and everything as well. It's made me into this odd and overly eccentric person as I've grown... and I love that so much!
2. My writing talents. I'm not sure if this counts or anything. However, writing has helped me be who I am as much as writing. I like that I can be myself more and do something that brings me some joy. I also like being able to inspire others.
3. My eccentricities. I know this ties in somewhat with my autism but... I really like the fact that I'm so odd and random. I have to admit that I do have times when I get overboard with it, and yet... I still find some joy in being myself rather than being someone I'm not. :3

Now, it's your turn! Don't strain yourself too much on this either. <3

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
1) I'm weird. Like... Weird weird. Unabashedly weird. I obsess over fictional men, am one of the most introverted people I've ever met (any more than an hour of socialization and I'm drained for the rest of the week), and say whatever I want in front of whomever I want with the exception of kids, where I watch my tongue because you can't tell kids "I had a couple of snakes fuck on my back porch" like I can with people more my age. I guess I'm lucky in that I have anxiety and panic disorder but not social anxiety, which helps me come off as far more confident than I actually am. I'm still the black sheep of my family, according to several family members. So thanks, guys. Glad to know I'm the outcast here.

2) I'm a good writer. My dialogue is a lot of fun to read (and write) and I get a lot of compliments on it, so I guess it's my strong suit. But the rest of the writing is fun, too. I love making everything come full circle. My characters are awesome and no one can take that away from me. They're fleshed out, their traits make sense given their backgrounds and experiences, and they all have very different voices, making it easy for readers to realize who is talking before they get to the dialogue tag. Being constantly lost in my own head helps me write interesting scenarios and create cool creatures. I like writing action/adventure, romance, and horror of all sorts and my original stories typically involve all of those aspects.

Uh... I dunno, really. I don't like myself very much so only these first two really come to mind. I guess they both have multiple facets to them so that's more things to like about myself...

3) I guess I like that I'm an animal lover. Not like the people who only care about their pets and call themselves "animal lovers" while doing nothing beneficial for animals. That's a huge pet peeve of mine. I feel like most people don't care about animals, especially not as much as some claim they do. I've volunteered at shelters, all but one of my pets are rescue animals, I'm willing to donate to shelters and causes for the animals, I've signed petitions and protested against animal testing and loose cruelty laws, and I don't consume any animal products whatsoever so I 1) don't hurt animals and 2) don't hurt the environment which in turn would hurt the animals. I prefer them 100% over other people. And I think people who are against lifestyles that abstain from animal products are absolute idiots.
It also enrages me when people don't train and spay/neuter their dogs. That causes so many problems, including unwanted litters and more euthanasia (I know someone whose Labrador was put down just because they jumped on someone and hurt them. Then they bought (not rescued) a new Labrador and doesn't train that one, either. Wish I could punch him in the gut for it). Dogs are dying due to people's stupidity and it angers me. Also I don't like people who let their cats roam free to get hurt, hit by cars, and wreak havoc on the local fauna population. Australia is culling cats due to this complete disregard for the bigger picture. Ew.

I can get pretty passionate about animals and obviously have very strong opinions based on things I've seen and trends that've grown over time, so I'll stop there before I go on and on. So... Yeah, I guess there are three things I like about myself. It's pretty much an exhaustive list, can't think of much else that I WOULD like about myself.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
I appreciate this thread, we can take a moment to actually positively impact ourselves!

1) I don't get angry easily. Even under some stupid scenarios, i somehow manage to hold my temper, or, rather, don't even feel the temper rising.

2) I do not cheat in examinations. Of course, life is much bigger than any examination, but seriously speaking, i have never copied or shown an answer in ana examination thus far. I don't plan to do so anytime in the future. I have a personal diary where i maintain certain things of conscience, so i went through a little bit of introspection an year ago to ask myself why i wasn't cheating in an examination. It was fun.

3) I am childish.

Years
1. I'm smart. It probably sounds a bit arrogant to say, but fuck it, generally speaking, I'm quite a bit cleverer than the average person. It's something that others have appreciated in me and that I take pride in, especially these days where my body is falling apart and my mind is all I have going for me.

2. I'm creative. This comes at handy because the things I enjoy the most - dance, writing, drawing and consuming various media - are all based in creativity in one way or another. There are few things as satisfying to me as creating something I'm proud of and being a creator myself, I feel like I can potentially enjoy the work of others as more than just a consumer.

3. I'm blunt. This is a trait that (generally) makes me honest with other people and I feel like if people were straight to the point more often than the world would be better for it and more would get done.

Back