• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
I love this tool, but is there a way to put in more moves, not new moves, but more for the movesets.

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2019
The only way to increase a Pokemon's movepool is to remove moves from another's. It's suggested to take away some of the duplicate moves in an evolved Pokemon's movelist.

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
The only way to increase a Pokemon's movepool is to remove moves from another's. It's suggested to take away some of the duplicate moves in an evolved Pokemon's movelist.

I knew that but is there a way to add more to the rom?

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2010
stats

Does the editing base stats work? i tried editing a few pokemon's base stats but it never changes anything. I maxed out that stats on a pokemon, and its the same level, yet weaker than my un-edited pokemon. i tried this on a clean ROM but it still wont change anything. is anyone else having this problem? Im using LeafGreen if that makes a difference

Years
This is a great software. The only problem I have is it won't let me change certain item evolutions as the item evolution only lists the stones and I wan't to be able to have it so pokemon that evolve while holding items through trade actually use those items like with the stones to evolve. For example, I use the King's Rock on Slowpoke and evolves into Slowking.

Other than that, it's a great software.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
This is a great software. The only problem I have is it won't let me change certain item evolutions as the item evolution only lists the stones and I wan't to be able to have it so pokemon that evolve while holding items through trade actually use those items like with the stones to evolve. For example, I use the King's Rock on Slowpoke and evolves into Slowking.

Other than that, it's a great software.

I saw you post this in the Simple Questions thread, let me give you a REAL answer.

Kings Rock, is not an evolution item, it isn't set up to be an evolution item, it doesn't have an evolution item's ASM to let it be an evolution item.

There is a tutorial somewhere, I think it might have been in the R&D Depot. when don't you go have a look see?

Years
Okay thank you. That just stems from me being a long-time anime fan and seeing wild Slowpoke evolving into Slowking and Misty's Poliwhirl evolving with a King's Rock. I thought I could get it to work in the games too. Oh well, I guess I'll have to try a different method instead.

Years
Hi when i open this on my computer it always says "YAPE has stopped working, windows is checking for a solution" and immediatley closes, does this not work for windows 7? Can someone tell me what's going on if they know.

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2010
yes

lol
this yape was the best pokemon edit tool ive found on here so far
one hting that could be cool is if you could changes the evolution data or smehting for the game pokedex, means that i can put a cyndaquil in firered/leafgreen and have it actaully evolve instead of getting a ?
or the attack editor to changes the information or data for moves
to make tackle do 50 or more and changing the pp/acc/pow or even the aditional effects of moves
maybe even the ability to change the names of moves or a pokemons ability= clear body could be renamed to Keen Body...
also would be nice to be able to add in more level up moves or
have the ability to add in your own pokemon that were hand crafted real easily with their own names, sprites, stats and evolutions.
would be awesome for pros that make their own pokemon spirtes
but above all a shiny editing option , to make shinys more popular.
One bug i found was just weird though
i was playing and my mudkip that was a girl evolved
then was a marshstomp but was now a boy.... it was annoying
theres a issue with sex changes

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2022
yape not working

i wish i can use the alsomeness it keeps saying yape has stoped working i think its because my pc is a window 7. and if not can you tell me why.

to owner of yape

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2011
I have problems with YAPE also. I think it just probably isn't compatible with Windows 7 64-bit

It really sucks because i've heard of all the things it could do.

Yape just almost works then "Yet another Pokemon Editor has stoped working is what it says

i can't get it to work!!!!!!!!!!! XP

Last edited:

ゼクロム

こんにちは!
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
I can open it. This is probably one of the best Pokemon editor program I can find. Very simple for newbies like me.

gamesharkhacker

SupremoHack Entertainment Inc.
Years
Nice job man. This is actually the only tool I use now for editing Pokemon data. Still, Keep working on it. I'm not saying its bad but a few tiny things could be added.

Thanks, GSH.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2012
:( when i open it it says: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Afen Watson

Pokémon Master
Years
i cant open the program.."aplication error"
"The application failed to initialize propely(0x0000135).click on OK to terminate the application"
can any ppl gv me some help?thx
I had the same problem! It says "The application failed to initialize propely(0x0000135).click on OK to terminate the application."

Can anyone help? I need some. It used to start, but after I reinstalled my pc, it started to show thi error message.

Back