• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
XxMoe666xX:
It works on my PSP too.
Just patch ips file on ruby 1.0 rom and copy to your PSP.
Then launch gPSP and play.
I did that and it works on the VBA but I´m still getting the white screens with my gPSP(3.4 kai)so could you or somebody else please tell me which CFW and/or gPSP Version you are using since its pretty frustrating that I can´t find an answer to fix this stupid problem....

Years
i've been playing the english version and its amazing! i've been waiting for the day for this to be released for 3 years now! i'm so happy it's out. thank you wesley, thank you ash, thank you prince, and snakebite. its AMAZING!:)

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2014
I did that and it works on the VBA but I´m still getting the white screens with my gPSP(3.4 kai)so could you or somebody else please tell me which CFW and/or gPSP Version you are using since its pretty frustrating that I can´t find an answer to fix this stupid problem....

Download the GBA Header and a Rom of Ruby Version, copy the header of the ruby version and u can play it on your psp, phone etc.

I did it and I'm playing on my psp with no problems.... just got my 3 badge :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
hi!
I have one problem, when I patch the rom (using lunar ips as usual) it gives me a white screen even though the flash type is 128k, what's the solution for that please?

Thx ^^!

Years
Because of a glitch, at the beginning I took Samurott then I returned to the lab and saw the event happening again so then I choose Serperior. The event repeated itself, I also fought Pearl 2x times.

Thx for help, now i have all 3 unova starters.

no map. Even if there is its probably a hidden event.
But theres always the map in PoekmonCenter.

BTW the site up and running now(link at sig),
and if anyone can't see the pictures
or has suggestions, tell me

I can see the pics great walkthrough, you are the best.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Ok, I've tried over 10x now so I think I've earned this post.

I'm stuck at the 7th gym leader; she's not appearing at the gym. I've searched the thread and everyone says that she appears near the entrance of Mt. Icestorm. She's not there. Maybe I already talked to her and didn't notice, so I go near the exit where she is also supposed to be. She's not there. I've searched everywhere in the cave (I even used the walkthrough walls cheat). She is not in the Mt.Icestorm (or any other Mts) and she is not at the gym. I've went North of the city and talked/battled her and she decides to quit training and do the beauty contests. :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've already triggered the other events in the cave btw (fighting Team Steam and Kenta/rival) and I'm playing the "Complete English" version.

Last edited:

leews24

ha
Years
hi!
I have one problem, when I patch the rom (using lunar ips as usual) it gives me a white screen even though the flash type is 128k, what's the solution for that please?

Thx ^^!

Try wiping all emulator/rom data, and patch ips on a different 1.0 rom. I think this has been covered already.
And if that doesnt work, go ahead to gba header and check if the game title says POKEMON RUBY. Just in case.

I can see the pics great walkthrough, you are the best.

Years
Ok, I've tried over 10x now so I think I've earned this post.

I'm stuck at the 7th gym leader; she's not appearing at the gym. I've searched the thread and everyone says that she appears near the entrance of Mt. Icestorm. She's not there. Maybe I already talked to her and didn't notice, so I go near the exit where she is also supposed to be. She's not there. I've searched everywhere in the cave (I even used the walkthrough walls cheat). She is not in the Mt.Icestorm (or any other Mts) and she is not at the gym. I've went North of the city and talked/battled her and she decides to quit training and do the beauty contests. :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've already triggered the other events in the cave btw (fighting Team Steam and Kenta/rival) and I'm playing the "Complete English" version.

Watch gameplay on youtube

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
@U_Flame: If I´m not mistaken you said that you played it on the psp as well and that it did work for you right?
Can you tell me which emulator you used or if you did something special since I´m still getting only white screens with the english translated, although it works perfectly fine on the VBA.
I´d really appreciate it if you could help me solve the problem ^^

I didn't do anything special, I patched it then transferred it. Are your emulator settings different from the default?

leews24

ha
Years
complete version not working white screen on emulator then on and off on another

I have no idea what "white screen on emulator then on and off on another"means
but if you get a white screen and it doesn't work,
please search the thread and see why it doesnt work.

Or theres the Setup guide on my walkthrough page

Years
By white screen I mean thats all that shows when i load it on VBA lastest build after patching and then i tried it on my mobile gba emulator and it started show a white screen then turned off

leews24

ha
Years
By white screen I mean thats all that shows when i load it on VBA lastest build after patching and then i tried it on my mobile gba emulator and it started show a white screen then turned off

Theres a gba file link on the first post of this thread.
Try patching to several different ruby1.0 roms, try gba header, change save type to 128k, and if it doesnt work I have nothing to say.

Back