• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help: Proper training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2013
Hey guys, I posted up a thread earlier about smogon moveset, and i thank you guys for the help. But i got another problem that i hope you guys can help me with, its about training.

SO i want to get the strongest ATT stats a tyranitar can get. But I'm getting really confused with this IV stuff and a little bit of the EV.

So i read that if you breed 2 pokemon EXAMPLE with a high IV in speed and a high IV in att, the off spring can inherit them. So my question is if i train 2 tyranitars 1 boy 1 girl TO LVL 100, both adament, "likes to thrash about" , both with high IV's in ATT and i breed them and hopefully getting the same nature and characteristic as the parents, will THIS tyranitar have a greater chance of getting a very high IV in att?

And once i hatch this pokemon, can i put all my EVs in its att? or is that impossible?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
There's absolutely no need to evolve both Larvitar all the way to Tyranitar if you intend to breed them.

Here's how EVs work. Individual values represent the quality of a Pokémon's stats from a value of 0-31 (this applies to all visible stats). Read this for more.

Here are some tips to make your breeding easier:
-It would be great if at least one of the parents have the wanted nature, so give that parent the Everstone to increase the odds (B/W) or guarantee (B2/W2) that the nature will be passed down.
-The Power items guarantee that a particular IV will be passed down:
--Power Weight: HP
--Power Bracer: Attack
--Power Belt: Defense
--Power Lens: Special Attack
--Power Band: Special Defense
--Power Anklet: Speed
-Tyranitar doesn't learn Dragon Dance by level-up, so you can breed a female Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar with a male Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus to pass the move down to the offspring
-If both parents have different Trainer IDs, then the odds of finding an egg are higher.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
There's absolutely no need to evolve both Larvitar all the way to Tyranitar if you intend to breed them.

Here's how EVs work. Individual values represent the quality of a Pokémon's stats from a value of 0-31 (this applies to all visible stats). Read this for more.

Here are some tips to make your breeding easier:
-It would be great if at least one of the parents have the wanted nature, so give that parent the Everstone to increase the odds (B/W) or guarantee (B2/W2) that the nature will be passed down.
-The Power items guarantee that a particular IV will be passed down:
--Power Weight: HP
--Power Bracer: Attack
--Power Belt: Defense
--Power Lens: Special Attack
--Power Band: Special Defense
--Power Anklet: Speed
-Tyranitar doesn't learn Dragon Dance by level-up, so you can breed a female Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar with a male Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus to pass the move down to the offspring
-If both parents have different Trainer IDs, then the odds of finding an egg are higher.

Can two high IV pokemon be bred into the baby pokemon using the power items?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Level of the parents are irrelevant. If you are starting from scratch, go to Route 15 and catch Tyranitar then use this IV calculator; http://www.marriland.com/tools/iv-calculator

Keep catching until you have 1 that is Adamant and 1 that has an Attack IV of 31 (or whatever you're comfortable with). If you are patient, keep going until multiple stats have 30+ IVs.

Give the Adamant Tyranitar an Everstone and give the Tyranitar with 31 Attack IVs a Power Bracer.

The babies will always end up as Adamant with 31 Attack IVs and will inherit 2 other IVs randomly from the parents (this latter inheritance is only really beneficial if all of the parents IVs are high).

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
This belongs in the Competitive Team Questions thread, so please continue this there if you need further help. Your other thread was fine here because it was a question primarily related to Smogon and not team building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back