• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Third i saw earlier that you are not planning to release de game to other plataforms but, do you know if it is possible to convert this game to a gba(for example or .nds or apk or Ipa) format i ask you this because people could play more if the game where portable (i know that gba format would not support online features but was an idea)

Keep going you are doing great so far

It is almost impossible to convert RPG maker games to any other format. If it is possible no one has ever succeeded.

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2013
Hey, I love this remake of the good old Yellow version, it was one of the first video games I ever played. But, I do have one question: Is there any way to increase the size of the game window? I've looked around in the files and stuff, as well as the F1 properties, but i haven't found anything yet. Does anybody know?

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Hey, I love this remake of the good old Yellow version, it was one of the first video games I ever played. But, I do have one question: Is there any way to increase the size of the game window? I've looked around in the files and stuff, as well as the F1 properties, but i haven't found anything yet. Does anybody know?

Did you bother to look in the options?..

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2013
Which options? I looked at the F1 properties, and that didn't have anything. If you meant the in-game options, i also did not see anything to increase the size of the game, just the text speed, window types and such. I looked at the configuration files, but i didn't see anything to change it with in there either. Do i have to look into the .rgssad files? Because i don't have rpg maker.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Which options? I looked at the F1 properties, and that didn't have anything. If you meant the in-game options, i also did not see anything to increase the size of the game, just the text speed, window types and such. I looked at the configuration files, but i didn't see anything to change it with in there either. Do i have to look into the .rgssad files? Because i don't have rpg maker.

By the looks of it, desbrina has disabled the ability to change the screen size.

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2013
Not sure if this was intended, or if it was a typo, most likely the latter, but the lass trainer between Mt. Moon and Cerulean City had a lvl 31 paras. Was it supposed to be lvl 13?

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Hello, i have a problem :( ! When i fight it tells me "Script is hanging" ! Can anyone help me ?

I've been told that redownloading the game has fixed this. I believe it has something to do with the animated sprites

Hi desbrina, first of all great job!!!

Second if you want i can help you to make an spanish mode of the game ;) (i could translate all the text to that language )

Third i saw earlier that you are not planning to release de game to other plataforms but, do you know if it is possible to convert this game to a gba(for example or .nds or apk or Ipa) format i ask you this because people could play more if the game where portable (i know that gba format would not support online features but was an idea)

Keep going you are doing great so far

If you'd like to translate that'd be fine. I'll get the txt file set up in a bit

As for having it on other platforms, it'd have to be redone from scratch for it to work.

In 0.19 there will be. I had to remove that option while i fixed a few things up

Not sure if this was intended, or if it was a typo, most likely the latter, but the lass trainer between Mt. Moon and Cerulean City had a lvl 31 paras. Was it supposed to be lvl 13?

According to Bulbapedia, that trainer is supposed to have level 31 pokemon.

Edit:
Heres the txt file for translating. http://lightning-yellow.com/intl.txt
You need to translate every second line. So it looks like
English
Spanish
English
Spanish
etc.

Last edited:

getulioroyal

Sofft
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 4, 2014
Hello Desbrina,

as Kevmeister will translate to Spanish I can also translate into Portuguese
How should I proceed? likewise? translate all second lines?

and one more question have an estimate of when the 0.19 out?

getulioroyal

Sofft
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 4, 2014
@Desbrina

Another doubt, there are several words in Portuguese with an accent, how should I proceed? write them with or without accent?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 30, 2016
Can I translate it to German? I would love to do this and i think many fans of the German community would love to see a German translation too :D

getulioroyal

Sofft
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 4, 2014
@desbrina,

I translate about 60% of the game.

I personally think it should not translate names of items, skills, and other things like "Cool Ribbon", and I'm sure my thoughts are shared by all Brazilians.

I'm trying to do the best possible, translating expressions for p Portuguese as faithfully as possible.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
@desbrina

I just want to thank you for all the work and effort you put into this. It looks AMAZING so far. I have decided to wait until it's a bit further to test it, as I would like to play once it's complete or almost complete.

Me and my brother are totally gonna play this, and I also love that you are using the newer sprites instead of FR and LG.

Thanks again for all your hard work :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2019
Very Good project. I hope that you guys and girls finish this project because it's looking great thus far. Thank you for putting your time and afford into making this game.

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2015
Just played through the game and wanted to give some feedback...

Well constructed yellow-update. Congratulations on the visuals which are great. The game feels very fresh. However like someone else (can't remember if there were multiple people) I have had issues with the game turning off due to "scripts taking too long", or crashing outright. As far as I am aware it happens when you encounter a Pokemon for the first time (as happened when I first battled a Voltorb in Mt. Moon and Horsea in the Cerulean Gym). Not sure why that would happen though.

Furthermore battles are super-slow, could do with a bit of a speed-up?

Right now though, my biggest complaint is that I am stuck. I battled the first trainer in the water gym, and the Horsea trainer triggered the script problem and then proceeded to save when it turned off. Now I am in an eternal struggle... I turn on the game, and I have to battle the trainer. And the game crashes and saves. Again. I sugget in your next update that you turn off the auto-save feature, and recommend users to simply save often.

Back