• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Aha, nice An-chan, although...all of the ones up there seem random so far...Ah well, things'll go up soon enough, lawl!
I'm bored, lawl. And I have no life, lawl.
Waffle, lawl!

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
They're random on purpose :laugh: I made them up in minutes, so what can you expect? Those were some resiously amusing minutes, I can tell you. It was also amusing to make up writers, lol... Ahh, the little joys of life.

There's got to be something wrong with me!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Light gray font on white background is rather difficult for me to read. My eyes are now burning.

That said, I'm not sure if you know how wide of a range this "council" will have to go to. I thought about this a bit while I was out today, and it's like, PC isn't the only place for fanfics. There are all the different forums out there, and there are a lot. Then there are the fanfic websites, like TPT and ff.net. And then there are the sites that are special for just that fic, like Pokemon Master. And there are writing journals on all the different blogging sites.

There's a lot out there, and no way to group the "best of the best" in any way. Something either gets looked over or never found.

Besides, there are rather different opinions on what makes a fic the "best of the best". Sure, readability is a factor, since why say a fic is good if no one can read the thing. But other than that, there's a whole lot of ground there to cover. I love above all else fics with really damn good character development (which creates all sorts of fun in another fandom I'm in >>), but someone else might think that what I like is crap because it isn't action-orientated.

What I'm saying is that this whole site/list/archive/whatever isn't really going to work out all that well. I've seen it happen multiple times, where other people have tried to do this, and it just doesn't work. There's just something about the idea where it doesn't work. Either it's the wide scope of the fandom for fics, as I mentioned. Or it's the fact that this fandom is full of the wankiest wankers I have ever seen, who create drama because they're immature twats. (Or just really really amused by wank. *points proudly at self*)

I waited TWENTY-TWO FREAKING MINUTES FOR MY FREAKING SUICUNE! D<

txteclipse

The Last
Years
You waited for a Suicune? Was it on the John or something?

Perhaps we could just make the website and people would coalesce to it as it gained popularity. Each genre could have a small group of people to decide which fics went in and which didn't. That would imply more manpower, but I dunno. I have a grand total of zero experience with this type of thing.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
No.

IT WAS JUST TAKING FOREVER TO OUT-WALK A HURRICANE. D<

Damn disabled Suicune who didn't want to leave its children and elderly behind, and had no money TO BUY A BOAT.

D<

*skips off to find more wank*

Wait. I'm sorry.

I WAITED TWENTY-TWO FREAKING MINUTES FOR A LUGIA TO OUTWALK A HURRICANE! D<

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
No.

IT WAS JUST TAKING FOREVER TO OUT-WALK A HURRICANE. D<

Damn disabled Suicune who didn't want to leave its children and elderly behind, and had no money TO BUY A BOAT.

D<

*skips off to find more wank*

Wait. I'm sorry.

I WAITED TWENTY-TWO FREAKING MINUTES FOR A LUGIA TO OUTWALK A HURRICANE! D<

*feels special that she knows what the hell Astinus is talking about*

*is dying laughing on the inside* Don't forget the pigeons!

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
You're weird. *rolls eyes*

Anyway, to Astinus' comment that was sane:
The idea wasn't necessarily to be the ultimate best of the best, just some good fics people can read easily -_-' But I am starting to believe this wasn't such a good idea after all, mostly because of lack of skill and helpful friends. I don't really know anyone who'd want to help me and I still can't make websites, so maybe this idea has to be filed for later use or to be eternally forgotten. Besides, if one thing's for sure, then it's that I'm not the only one who came up with that idea. I can just wait for someone else to make that site for me! Expecially now that someone might find that stupid sample of mine. :laugh: Sure, it still is a good idea, it's just impossible to make a site like that. Just like living by eating only chocolate is a good idea that's impossible to make true.

Case closed, unless someone still has something to say.

Oh well, I don't care. I had fun doing it, even more so because I have a crapload of important stuff to do for my teachers. I'm supposed to read a book but it's depressing and I don't want to ;_; All I want to do is to write. Gyaargh!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Erm, wow. First off, holy ****.

Secondly, sure, you weren't going for an archive of the "best of the best", but you want good quality all in one place. My point still stands that there are so many Pokemon fics out there that just the ones on PC aren't even the tip of the ice burg.

It's just that previous experiences watching people try to do any sort of archive really haven't worked in this fandom. Others have covered why.

Sure, you had fun making your website. Now you have the experience doing that. It seemed like a good idea to you, but it's just that others saw the problems with it.

Last edited:

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Years
You know, we could probably set it up so that we advertise on different forums that this site exists, perhaps even to the point of pming the mod of that forum, and asking them to submit what they feel is the best on their forum to us. That is a brief overview of my thought, but before you say "lol no," then you should see the detailed analysis of this plan below.

First, we divide a group of volunteers into three different "teams". The first team google searches for PFF forums, and stays in contact about which ones have been contacted. Then the second team awaits and approves submissions from these sites, making sure that the fictions meet the general quality of this website and aren't submitted by some crazy mod who wants to spam up this site with badfics. Once the approval process is completed, then the fictions will be archived, by title, on a webpage. The third and final team will be responsible for archiving these fics and general website development.

I know this idea needs work, and if anyone has any good suggestions, then go ahead and post them. But, provided that we get enough volunteers and willing mods/authors of other forums, I really think this could work.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
A marvellous idea, jeffback.

The only remaining problem is the lack of volunteers. That is, doing it your style would require at least three people, and those three would probably be terribly overworked because of this if they don't have any help. I'm available for anything concerning this, of course, and I can try and find fics by myself if that's necessary. I can also be a part of the accepting process, if people think I'm good enough.

For starters, however, I suggest we should collect the best fics from here, so that there will be a site to present to the hopefully helpful mods and thus a way to motivate them in participating. And if we were to do that, we'd need some volunteers and general guidelines for the fics to be taken to the site. I know we have heaps of good fics here, they're just so damn hard to find from the main forum. I'd suggest the first fics to be taken up should be finished ones...

Screw this, I'm going to make an own thread for this conversation, because it's getting a bit off-topic for this one.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Makes me want to make one relating Big Brother to the evil, harsh critics who seem to stalk authors.

Except I have the art skills of a six-year-old.

You mean like this? I did it the other way around, though. And I've probably given myself nightmares now.

Bign00b.png

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Wow. those pics have just made me decide that'll be the funniest thing I see all day. And it's only 9:39 AM.

But for the Big noob one, I think Xanthine meant for it to be harsh, not noob.
Say...more like "OMGWTF This is sux like crap"

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Yeah, I know, but I was drawing attention to the dreaded n00b review in the second one. I swear they hide online in invisible mode, wait for someone to post, and jump in with that...comment.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
It's a conspiracy. I've suspected it long enough, and am currently gathering evidence of it. Hopefully they don't find out what I am doing, or I might end up missing...

Only "reeducated" in the Ministree of Luv.

(I don't know why I have such a fondness for that book, actually. XD)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
It's a conspiracy. I've suspected it long enough, and am currently gathering evidence of it. Hopefully they don't find out what I am doing, or I might end up missing...
Missing?
Naw, the noobs won't *cough* notice *cough* at all. They're too *cough* noob.
Oh *cough* sorry! I have a *cough* cold *cough* Lawl.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Them noobs won't even know we're talking about them! That's simply because they don't think themselves as noobs and will never accept the fact they are ones, too :laugh: So we who know the truth can mock all we want! Expecially if we crypt the word like this: n00b... They'll never know we're omg so meen!!!111!!!one

My, my, isn't this one intelligent conversation! :laugh: Great pics, though, txteclipse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back