• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Experience Points

blue

gucci
Years
Black & White introduced new mechanics to the EXP System in which the amount of experience gained is dependent on both Pokémon's levels: the higher the defeated opponent's level is compared to the user, the more experience points the user will gain.

Do you think this will apply to Gen VI? Will they come up with a new system? Will they revert back to the old mechanics? Discuss!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I liked the EXP system from Gen V, so yeah, I hope that they'll apply it to Gen VI! I mean, on older Gen. games, it was a real bother for me to put my weakest pokemon at the start of my party, and then swap it out immediately for it to get more EXP points, and I'd have to do that -every-single-time-, but now, I can just use a EXP Share, aaaand it'll get more EXP anyway!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's probably gonna remain the same from BW. I think that system was generally well received, so no point in going back now.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I liked the EXP system from Gen V, so yeah, I hope that they'll apply it to Gen VI! I mean, on older Gen. games, it was a real bother for me to put my weakest pokemon at the start of my party, and then swap it out immediately for it to get more EXP points, and I'd have to do that -every-single-time-, but now, I can just use a EXP Share, aaaand it'll get more EXP anyway!

Pretty much this. It makes raising weak Pokemon so much easier and I really don't see a reason for them to swap it back to how it was in Gen IV, that would be like separating Pokecenters and Pokemarts again. There is really no need to change it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't think they will go back to the old method. They'll likely keep the Vth exp system, which was great for raising weaker mons, though not so great for stronger pokemon.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
For raising stronger pkmns in gen V, someone gave us lucky egg.. I think that was juniper...so this trend can be cntinued in VI GEN too...

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I highly doubt they'll revert back to the old mechanics of the EXP system. 'Cause whenever a new Pokémon game is made... they'll continue the same sort of mechanism from a previous generation if not improving it. So I'm pretty sure the same mechanism of gaining EXP from Black/White will return in Pokémon X and Y.

Back