• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Starter Bird

Favorite starter bird?

• Total voters

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Every Pokemon game has it's starter bird. It's been a long-standing tradition in the franchise to have a Normal/Flying type Pokemon available early in the game. So, what's your favorite?

Personally, I like Staraptor the best. While I don't really like Generation IV very much, it sure gave us a helluva bird!

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
I voted for Staraptor, even though I wanted to vote for Fearow. I always thought of Fearow being the best. I think it should be included here because its available on the second route in RBY/FRLG

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I voted for Swellow. Never actually played through R/S/E but I like the design the most, and I have used it in battle elsewhere. It's a pretty cool bird.

Years
Surprised how little people voted for Pidgey!
Easily my favourite.
Pigeot is an amazing Pokemon in my eyes, The only flying Pokemon I like better is Braviary.

Also Ash had one, I cried when it left.

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
Taillow.

This little birdy gets really useful moves like Quick Attack, Focus Energy, Peck/Wing Attack, and some fourth thing.
Then it eventually evolves into Swellow, and Swellow itself is really cool looking.

Years
I voted for Pidgeot. Basically any game where you can find Pidgey, one has become a main member of my team. Aside from Pidgeot, the only other one I've even used is Staraptor.

Years
I voted for the Starly line cos I use one in all my playthroughs of the Sinnoh games and Staraptor learns Close Combat, which makes it cool.

It's definitely my staple Flying-type in all my 4th Gen teams.

Mentalii

Back
Years
My vote goes for HootHoot. 2nd generation nostalgia remains... I guess it's one of the weakest though, I used it in my Soul Silver game and it didn't help a lot. However I had good memories of it from my Silver version... Well, it must be because I was too young to really understand who was strong and who wasn't :P

Inferna

hello stranger, i'm a disaster
Years
Voted for Pidgey line :3
I love how Pidgeotto and Pidgeot look. I had a Pidgeot called Anna when I played through Gold, they may suck competitively but I think they're awesome~
Swellow and Taillow come a close second though.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2015
I would have to go with the pidove line. I found myself using the pidove I started with even now. Funny thing is before I gave fifth gen pokemon a chance Pidove was my least favorite.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Voted! For Taillow that is, its the only bird Pokemon I actually used for the longest time, I keep it as a HM fly, when ever I need to fly from one part of the map to another.

pleb

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
In order favorite to least favorite: Starly > Tailow > Pidgey > Pidove > Hoothoot

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
From a competitive standpoint: Staraptor is just freaking awesome. @_@; Brave Birds hurts. A lot.

Back