• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 7, 2013
Why does the sprite of arceus and mienshao different? I'm so frustrated T__T help please

Ash, are you willing to add some stuff like the signature moves of some pokemon like giga impact to electivire ? just asking.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Why does the sprite of arceus and mienshao different? I'm so frustrated T__T help please
Didn't Snake already change this...?

Ash, are you willing to add some stuff like the signature moves of some pokemon like giga impact to electivire ? just asking.
Giga Impact is seriously NOT Electivire's signature move and... probably no.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
Heavily item respawn in Seanport Beach route. One could abuse this to get rich. Mostly Hyper Potions and Escape Ropes respawn.

Years
Heavily item respawn in Seanport Beach route. One could abuse this to get rich. Mostly Hyper Potions and Escape Ropes respawn.
Yeah, that's a bug that has already been noted. I don't see why someone would abuse it though since there are so many trainers and they give out so much money that money doesn't become a issue. I had about 300K money by the end of the Lauren League :). I'm sure the problem can be fixed though. Also, something I noticed is that after beating the Lauren League and going back to Carmin Town, the flag for getting the 5th generation starters reset, which allowed me to get all 3 of the starters. Not gonna complain though since it was pretty awesome :).

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
Also, something I noticed is that after beating the Lauren League and going back to Carmin Town, the flag for getting the 5th generation starters reset, which allowed me to get all 3 of the starters. Not gonna complain though since it was pretty awesome :).

Actually all other starters should be unflagged after Lauren league as well, lol. I mean you deserve it by that point, right? I wish it could be like that :(

Edit: Another bug detected. The sailor who sit on the bench next to pokemon center in Seanport City. He gave me water stone twice. Second time was after when I defeated Steam leaders and came back. Edit; this event just occurs countinuously, also bug catcher from the same city happens to give bright powder all the time as well.

Edit 2: In Seanport, there's a guy standing next to gym and he has a typo.

Edit 3: There's a Shinx in Seanport next to Pokemart and he heals your party. Jeez, too many bugs!

Last edited:

mk.ultra

Old School
Years
I've only played Red/Blue/Yellow/Silver/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald but Light Platinum is EASILY the most fun pokemon game I've ever played so far. I love that it allows you to level faster and ultimately reach a much higher level than usual. Also the epic pokemon you get to train. And the mapping is very unique and fun!

A few suggestions for future hacks:
-An intermediate health potion that recovers 100 HP. Super potions quickly lose their value
-Unlimited bag space
-Person you can talk to who can evolve trade only pokemon (I thought this existed so I trained a Kadabra to level 50 lol)
-Every pokemon obtainable in game (I'm pretty sure this is already true for LP)
-At the beginning of a game, ability to choose 3 starters from the entire pool. Might be fun for future hacks idk.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
I started this rom yesterday and I'm quite impressed. There are some bugs, like when I choosed my Totodile the game showed another Pokemon's imagem!

I realized that some pokemons don't needed to be traded to evolve like my Electivire, but do you know if is possible to evolve Haunter?

mk.ultra

Old School
Years
Found a couple bugs:

-Small one where when you fly onto the bridge right before Lendyn Town you are still flying until you enter and exit a building. Harmless though.
-Serious bug which sent me all the way back to Skyner City even though I had last healed at Kosaka City and made me redo many small events (But not rebattle trainers). After I completed the Sky Tower and tried to exit, I got stuck between the door and the guard who had magically reappeared. I didn't have Fly with me and my last save was in the tower so I had to purposely white out to get sent back to Skyner.

EDIT: This bug has effectively ended my game. When I try to talk to Lucy/enter the gym, no one is there and it says "I should find Lucy." But the guard is still in front of the Sky Tower.

After Googling, looks like it isn't the first time this bug has happened. It's game over. HUGE buzzkill, but props nonetheless. It was incredibly fun up to that point.

Last edited:
Years
Found a couple bugs:

-Small one where when you fly onto the bridge right before Lendyn Town you are still flying until you enter and exit a building. Harmless though.
-Serious bug which sent me all the way back to Skyner City even though I had last healed at Kosaka City and made me redo many small events (But not rebattle trainers). After I completed the Sky Tower and tried to exit, I got stuck between the door and the guard who had magically reappeared. I didn't have Fly with me and my last save was in the tower so I had to purposely white out to get sent back to Skyner.

EDIT: This bug has effectively ended my game. When I try to talk to Lucy/enter the gym, no one is there and it says "I should find Lucy." But the guard is still in front of the Sky Tower.

After Googling, looks like it isn't the first time this bug has happened. It's game over. HUGE buzzkill, but props nonetheless. It was incredibly fun up to that point.

That sucks man. I would use Walk Through Walls to continue through the game. It is a great game, and if more bug fixing was done for the game, I think the experience wouldn't be ruined for so many people. I mean, why do so many events share the same flags? Is there a limit to the amount of flags a ROM can have? Is this also the reason why a lot of people and events have the same scripts?

How do you evolve to Electivire? I cannot use the thunderstone on Electabuzz.
I believe electabuzz evolves through level up. I don't think he levels up until the mid 30's. don't be surprised though when he evolves because his level will end up being lower than the level you evolved him at. It's just another bug that never got fixed.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
That sucks man. I would use Walk Through Walls to continue through the game. It is a great game, and if more bug fixing was done for the game, I think the experience wouldn't be ruined for so many people. I mean, why do so many events share the same flags? Is there a limit to the amount of flags a ROM can have? Is this also the reason why a lot of people and events have the same scripts?

Yeah, it almost seems like nobody worked on these matters at all. The game is still full of bugs. I've spent so much time and effort on this game and now I am afraid of getting stuck at the same place as that guy after all this time. This is wrong. Someone has to take this fixing duty, and do it seriously.

I believe electabuzz evolves through level up. I don't think he levels up until the mid 30's. don't be surprised though when he evolves because his level will end up being lower than the level you evolved him at. It's just another bug that never got fixed.

Elekid evolved into Electabuzz at 30. I want to know what level Electabuzz will evolve into Electivire, if he ever evolves into.
I don't mind his level reduction unless his stats decrease. Actually level reduction would help me train pokemon above their caps.

Last edited:

mk.ultra

Old School
Years
Yeah, it almost seems like nobody worked on these matters at all. The game is still full of bugs. I've spent so much time and effort on this game and now I am afraid of getting stuck at the same place as that guy after all this time. This is wrong. Someone has to take this duty, and do it seriously.

I'm moving on to Liquid Crystal c:

hopefully less bugs..

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
can anyone give a link for a walkthrough for lauren region?
There's no one yet.
Cyclone is working on one.

If you need money, feel free to do so.

Also, something I noticed is that after beating the Lauren League and going back to Carmin Town, the flag for getting the 5th generation starters reset, which allowed me to get all 3 of the starters. Not gonna complain though since it was pretty awesome :).
Yea, might actually be a feature now...

Edit 3: There's a Shinx in Seanport next to Pokemart and he heals your party. Jeez, too many bugs!
I simply must...
THIS IS AN EASTER EGG!

A few suggestions for future hacks:
-An intermediate health potion that recovers 100 HP. Super potions quickly lose their value
-Unlimited bag space
-Person you can talk to who can evolve trade only pokemon (I thought this existed so I trained a Kadabra to level 50 lol)
-Every pokemon obtainable in game (I'm pretty sure this is already true for LP)
-At the beginning of a game, ability to choose 3 starters from the entire pool. Might be fun for future hacks idk.
I don't think this is good place to place ideas for other hacks.

Is there a limit to the amount of flags a ROM can have? Is this also the reason why a lot of people and events have the same scripts?
Well... obviously there's a limited amount of flags, ROM has limited space, but there should be more than enough to be used. We still don't know why flags keep on resetting.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 9, 2014

I don't think this is good place

to place ideas for other hacks.

He was just making suggestions not posting ideas for another hack.

BTW this hack is amazing I am on the sevenths gym and this is my team:

Level 55 Tyranitar
Level 51 Swampert
Level 50 Charizard
Level 50 Electrivire
Level 50 Lucario
Level 38 Garchomp (its pre-evolution)

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2013
Hi, i cannot seem to talk to kenta as he will not turn around. He is standing behind a map looking at it in the city after inhore, where i believe we were supposed to have battled.

Back