• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Where can I get both 4th and 5th generation Pokemon cries? I've looked around here a lot and I can't seem to find them.

Thanks in advance.

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Hello,

First:
Sorry about my Englisch. I'm dutch, so it's not very good.

I have a question about rom hacking. I use a Pokémon FireRed rom. I have add a few pokémon of the Sinnoh regio. For example I have add a Dialga. But my question how can I get my Dialga like the picture? I have add him and I can fight with him in the grass, but I want it like this... on the picture... How can I do that?

Picture:
http://projectpokemon.org/games/diamondpearl/images/dialga.png

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Hello,

First:
Sorry about my Englisch. I'm dutch, so it's not very good.

I have a question about rom hacking. I use a Pokémon FireRed rom. I have add a few pokémon of the Sinnoh regio. For example I have add a Dialga. But my question how can I get my Dialga like the picture? I have add him and I can fight with him in the grass, but I want it like this... on the picture... How can I do that?

Picture:
http://projectpokemon.org/games/diamondpearl/images/dialga.png
You should check out the Spriter's Resource for sprites/overworlds. I found some overworlds for Dialga there.

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
You should check out the Spriter's Resource for sprites/overworlds. I found some overworlds for Dialga there.

Maby a stupid question... but how can I add this overworlds?

Oh I already know.
Thanks for helping with finding the sprites! ;)

Another question... Maby a stupid but..

How can I make a simple battle script?
I have add a new Pokémon in my FireRed game: Dialga. And I already have the overworld... But I want when I talk to the dialga that he say something like: GRRRR! And then we going to fight... How can I do this in a easy way... I'm a beginner so...

(sorry about my bad Englisch, I'm Dutch).

Last edited:

lmdst

Blast From the Past
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 26, 2014
*removes cobwebs from his account*

Oh hey. Fellas, I have a question about type weaknesses and the like.

As far as I'm aware, Diamond and Pearl don't have a tool to edit them. Which is fine, because I am entirely capable of doing so through hex (thanks to a thread in this very forum that I apparently can't link to). However, there's one thing it doesn't cover.

My new type chart ended up smaller than the original. Do I simply add the FE, the Foresight-disabled immunities, and the FF earlier, while leaving the excess code unchanged? Or do I have to keep those where they are, and fill the unused bytes with something else? If the latter, then what? a series of "00 00 0A" for x1 damage?

EDIT AGAIN: Ok, it seems like filling the extra bytes with 1x damage doesn't mess the game up in any way, so I went with that to be safe. I've kept the FE and the stuff after that in the same place, and I even kept Flying's immunity to Ground in the same place to be even safer.

Last edited:

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
I need help.
I've hacked Pokemon HG as much as I want to, and now I want to import the NARCS to my HG Rom. I've edited every Trainer, some Pokemon Data, Wild Pokemon and Gyms.
Which NARC's do I need? and where can I find them?

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
i have a simple question about scripting i did think that it was really a good enough question for the scripting thread because it sounds more just like general knowledge that i dont know yet but how do i change the options to choose from in a multibox script i want it to ask me what starter i want to choose in my game but it doesn't.

Fee Nicks

TekMage
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 12, 2011
SKRoy: Find one of the original legendary pokemon, and copy the script it uses for actually setting up the battle. Make sure you change where it's actually saved to (finding a free space with FSF, of course), then change the setwildbattle command to something to point to where you set Dialga to. Just play around with it and eventually you'll get something that'll most likely work the way you intend it to.

link12552

decade club
Years
AHHHHH!

Wait, nevermind. I got it. Sorry for bugging you.

NOOOO! How could I have not seen this!:shocked:
Use Nameless Sprite Editor!!!
Not only will it let you import your image:
ilianfront2.png
(Trust me, I tried, and it works without a hitch:cool:)
But it will also do it with the right palette!

One of the newest features NSE 1.7.5, and one of my personal favorites, is that you can import images that previously had this exact problem,
(That is a number of indexed palettes > 16, that are usually just a black waste of space),
Avoiding the need for ifranview, photoshop, or the equivalent...

Just import the image in NSE,
It will see that there are more than 16 colors, notify you, and correct the problem!

NSE for the win! :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2011
Okay, I seriously need some help, here. o__o; I'm pretty much a noob to modding, but I've been having a pretty easy time so far, except for one major hiccup:

I cannot, for the life of me, replace sprites.
I replaced the overworlds just fine. But for some reason, no matter how many tutorials I study, no matter how many times I index and no matter which combinations of boxes I check when writing to ROM, I *cannot* replace any trainer's sprites for the life of me. This is a major problem.

When I do try the method of finding free space to fix it, when I start my game, I cannot leave my house - it just goes to a black screen and never loads the town.
I have tried everything. Different programs, different sprites, everything. I am pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong (LeafGreen, so 64x64, 16 colors, indexed and whatnot?), so can anyone help me out, here? I haven't seen anyone having the problem of the game not working after giving the sprite some free space to use. o__o I am out of ideas.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2011
Hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone had a solution to this, theres a couple places in my rom where there is an overworld sprite of the male hero who disappears and appears upon entering and exiting the map, and when you talk to him the game freezes, also, theres no sprite in advancemap to edit it or delete it. Thanks for your time.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone had a solution to this, theres a couple places in my rom where there is an overworld sprite of the male hero who disappears and appears upon entering and exiting the map, and when you talk to him the game freezes, also, theres no sprite in advancemap to edit it or delete it. Thanks for your time.

I am guessing that the OW you are mentioning is maybe created via a level script. Try and remove the level script in your map on the Header tab of advance map.
NOTE: Save a back-up copy of your hack before performing this.

Okay, I seriously need some help, here. o__o; I'm pretty much a noob to modding, but I've been having a pretty easy time so far, except for one major hiccup:

I cannot, for the life of me, replace sprites.
I replaced the overworlds just fine. But for some reason, no matter how many tutorials I study, no matter how many times I index and no matter which combinations of boxes I check when writing to ROM, I *cannot* replace any trainer's sprites for the life of me. This is a major problem.

When I do try the method of finding free space to fix it, when I start my game, I cannot leave my house - it just goes to a black screen and never loads the town.
I have tried everything. Different programs, different sprites, everything. I am pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong (LeafGreen, so 64x64, 16 colors, indexed and whatnot?), so can anyone help me out, here? I haven't seen anyone having the problem of the game not working after giving the sprite some free space to use. o__o I am out of ideas.

I am guessing that your given free space is near some existing data of the ROM. Usually, we should find free space that has A LOT of free space available, and not near any data.
Also, I have a tutorial on indexing and inserting sprites. It may not be for trainer sprites, but the process is the same.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
I need help.
I've hacked Pokemon HG as much as I want to, and now I want to import the NARCS to my HG Rom. I've edited every Trainer, some Pokemon Data, Wild Pokemon and Gyms.
Which NARC's do I need? and where can I find them?

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2011

I am guessing that the OW you are mentioning is maybe created via a level script. Try and remove the level script in your map on the Header tab of advance map.
NOTE: Save a back-up copy of your hack before performing this.

By level script do you mean map script? And if so i tried removing it and it had no effect, I also tried creating a new map and using groser block to replace the tiles and still didn't work.

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I want in my game that you can fight with a Mew. I have the overworld. I use Pokétronic to make a wild battle script. But when you run or fainted the Mew and you come back in the map then he is not away... How can I do that when you catchst him or when he's dead that he's away?

(I know my Englisch is not very good, but I think you understand what I mean).

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2011
I want in my game that you can fight with a Mew. I have the overworld. I use Pokétronic to make a wild battle script. But when you run or fainted the Mew and you come back in the map then he is not away... How can I do that when you catchst him or when he's dead that he's away?

(I know my Englisch is not very good, but I think you understand what I mean).

Make sure that you flag that you set, e.g setflag 0x1200 is the same as the Person ID in advance map, so in this case the Person ID would be 1200.

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Make sure that you flag that you set, e.g setflag 0x1200 is the same as the Person ID in advance map, so in this case the Person ID would be 1200.

I don't understand that.
I placed a person in Advanced Map. But than with a overworld of a Pokémon. I maked a wild battle script in Pokétronic and I placed it by the person in Advanced Map.

Maby someone have a tutorial how to do this... I can't find a tutorial how to this on this forum. Maby one of you have a tutorial?
I must go now but tommorow I can read a reaction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back