• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Leafy Forest v2.0 [Grass-Type Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
To answer my own topic, like Golurk, we need other grass-type starters that have fighting elements but not warrant the grass/fighting type. Grass-Steel is a perfect combination for a new starter, like maybe a Scyther-like Pokemon that could have blades, swords or knives as hands or teeth.
I love this idea, the Grass/Steel hybrids you described sound insanely cool. The only thing I do wonder is if that would really suit a primary Grass type...? There aren't too many physical Grass type moves bar Leaf Blade (which would be perfect for the Pokémon you described, but not much variety ;p) and I can't imagine them wanting to bring in a tonne more just for a starter Pokémon... I do think it's a great idea but I can't see it being overly practical for a Grass type to have this sort of character x3 However being completely hypocritical and going against what I just said; I'd love to see a Grass/Rock type with similar characteristics to those listed above, it could but utterly epic to train a partner like that :D A huge moss covered stone sword for it's arms with vines attaching them to it's body so it can swing them around and stuff... Ahh that would be so epic. B)

On a serious note; *shoves Everstone down Treecko's throat* MEGAN DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY PARTNER >:[[[

Years
On a serious note; *shoves Everstone down Treecko's throat* MEGAN DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY PARTNER >:[[[

I didn't know that's how everstones were used! I'll have to remember that. :P

As for grass/steel, I would see it as more like wall, similar to Torterra but even more defensive. And all they'd have to do was give it a cool signature move, like some sort of iron branch move? Lol I don't really know. Grass rock would be nice, since all we have is Cradily... :/

Basically I just want an awesome tank of a grass starter XD

zid_sen

The Sacred Thunder of Aselis
Years
Don't you all think that Grass/Bug is good to be a starter too?
Leavanny is the example, it is so beautiful,cute and something really strong~

I didn't know that's how everstones were used! I'll have to remember that. :P

As for grass/steel, I would see it as more like wall, similar to Torterra but even more defensive. And all they'd have to do was give it a cool signature move, like some sort of iron branch move? Lol I don't really know. Grass rock would be nice, since all we have is Cradily... :/

Yeah, Grass/Steel going to be really cool, but gamefreak need to make a grass/steel pokemon that has not weird apparance like Ferroseed!
Something cute~

I love this idea, the Grass/Steel hybrids you described sound insanely cool. The only thing I do wonder is if that would really suit a primary Grass type...? There aren't too many physical Grass type moves bar Leaf Blade (which would be perfect for the Pokémon you described, but not much variety ;p) and I can't imagine them wanting to bring in a tonne more just for a starter Pokémon... I do think it's a great idea but I can't see it being overly practical for a Grass type to have this sort of character x3 However being completely hypocritical and going against what I just said; I'd love to see a Grass/Rock type with similar characteristics to those listed above, it could but utterly epic to train a partner like that :D A huge moss covered stone sword for it's arms with vines attaching them to it's body so it can swing them around and stuff... Ahh that would be so epic. B)

Yeaaah! I'd like to got a starter that Grass/Rock, and maybe,
It's something like a mossy rock~

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Ferrothorrrrnnnnnnnnnnnn. :( I really, really, really disliked Ferrothorn, it was a huge disappointment after hearing there was a Grass/Steel type in Gen V, and I fear that what you're asking for is very similar! I'd love to see some kind of agile ninja type Pokémon with huge Steel blades and awesome vines and stuff! Now that would be cool. B)

Don't you all think that Grass/Bug is good to be a starter too?
Leavanny is the example, it is so beautiful,cute and something really strong~
YESSS. That was my answer when I first replied to the topic, Grass/Bug is one of my favourite type combinations after the Sewaddle family <3 You'd be able to get such a cool/cute Pokémon using those two types and it could be kick-ass strong! Most definitely something I'd like to see happen. :D

Years
Ferrothorrrrnnnnnnnnnnnn. :( I really, really, really disliked Ferrothorn, it was a huge disappointment after hearing there was a Grass/Steel type in Gen V, and I fear that what you're asking for is very similar! I'd love to see some kind of agile ninja type Pokémon with huge Steel blades and awesome vines and stuff! Now that would be cool. B)

What you want sounds like some sort of a jungle transformer... or a robotic Leavanyy. :P
I want some awesome prehistoric grass/steel dinosaur tank, like a combo of these two pokemon
Spr_4d_411.png
+
Spr_4d_389.png
= AWESOME!

Wouldn't it be so cool to have this as your final starter? :DDD

YESSS. That was my answer when I first replied to the topic, Grass/Bug is one of my favourite type combinations after the Sewaddle family <3 You'd be able to get such a cool/cute Pokémon using those two types and it could be kick-ass strong! Most definitely something I'd like to see happen. :D

As cool as another grass/bug would be, I just don't feel like it makes for a great starter. In game, bug types are naturally frail, :( (which is stupid, but I digress) and making it 4x weak to fire and flying makes for a really frail pokemon, especially if it's super fast with blades and vines and stuff. :B

A grass/electric would be cool! Solar panels?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Current topic:
That would be nice~ Why? Cause only two Grass/Fighting Pokemon has been introduced & that's a bit of a lack If its movepool & design is nice, why wouldn't people choose it as their starter?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
What you want sounds like some sort of a jungle transformer... or a robotic Leavanyy. :P
Awesome robot jungle ninja of death! *pouts*

I want some awesome prehistoric grass/steel dinosaur tank, like a combo of these two pokemon
Spr_4d_411.png
+
Spr_4d_389.png
= AWESOME!

Wouldn't it be so cool to have this as your final starter? :DDD
YES YES YES 1000 TIMES YES <333 Now that you've put it that way I'm totally on board with the idea, a massive steel shelled jungle dinosaur plant monster hybrid thing would be insanely cool to have as a partner, and I reckon it'd be a lot more fulfilling to train that a lot of the other starters that exist. I still think the same thing but with Grass/Rock would be cooler, plus it'd be stronger since there wouldn't be the 4x Fire weakness, but I guess I can settle for Grass/Steel ;p

A grass/electric would be cool! Solar panels?
Ahahah, I've tried to come up with a Grass/Electric type countless times, it just doesn't happen xD The only things I could think of were an electric daisy, a Christmas tree (electric due to the lights), or one of these things that glow in the sea and look like they could be electricy:

sea_plant_1.jpg

All of which obviously have major drawbacks xD So yeah, not an easy type combination to come up with but I reckon it'd look pretty darn cool if they did!

Current topic:
That would be nice~ Why? Cause only two Grass/Fighting Pokemon has been introduced & that's a bit of a lack If its movepool & design is nice, why wouldn't people choose it as their starter?
Because they could choose a Grass/Rock starter instead which would kick any other Pokémon's butt by being 100% badass ;D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I can already imagine a robotic Leavanny right now. It'd probably earn an extra typing if third-typings ever do exist.

Also, Grass/Electric = probably not happening considering both combined typings are kinda useless. xD They don't work on each other. If it did it'll be difficult to beat. xD

Also, Happy Halloween, guys! A fun halloween topic to start off the day: What halloween costume would look good on your Partner Pokemon? (both of them!) Be creative :D

YOU ALREADY HAVE 10 POSTS. >:( but it's up to you though lololol

Years
Also, Happy Halloween, guys! A fun halloween topic to start off the day: What halloween costume would look good on your Partner Pokemon? (both of them!) Be creative :D

Ooh... this sounds pretty fun! Uh, could definitely be a teenage mutant ninja turtle, but if those all sell out, he'll be a pirate. And if THOSE sell out, he'll be a toothbrush. You know, to remind all dem kids to brush their teeth after gorging on candy. It's ironic because he'll be handing out energy drinks that have lemon juice added to them. Did I mention he's an dentist?

As for parasect, she won't be going trick or treating. She's going to a halloween party, and she'll be going as a zombie. Get it? ;) A SEXY zombie, of course, to get all the Kinglers. Or a sexy nurse. She may just go as a sexy blind woman, since she only needs to buy a cane to pull off that costume...since she's already blind.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
What halloween costume would look good on your Partner Pokemon? (both of them!) Be creative :D

pokemon_halloween_treecko_mummy_by_buwaya-d5gnw7s.png

Kinda cute... But idk. Treecko's a hard one since there's not really that many costumes it could wear effectively, but I think I'd go with a dinosaur costume simply because it is a semi-dinosaur. xD Give it some fangs, some scales, a pointy tail... It might be able to pull it off? Foongus is easier though, he'll have vampire fangs and a tiny black cape and be a vampire Foongus! I think that'd suit him really well and look ridiculously cute, plus kind of highlights that family's ability to steal/generate health so it's fitting too. :D I'm terribly uncreative though so I think other people will come up with better ideas than me xD

zid_sen

The Sacred Thunder of Aselis
Years
What halloween costume would look good on your Partner Pokemon? (both of them!) Be creative :D

Well, I will make Shaymin use a little witch costume~
It'll be kind of reallly cuuute!
And Snivy going to use mini dracula costume!
It'll be Awesome, cool and fantastic!!!

Elix-the-Exiled

Grass-type dude
Years
Name: Elix-the-Exiled (the later has taken randomly), call me Elix

Partners: Ugh this is very hard. But I bring Snivy and Lilligant this time, so yea Snivy and Lilligant. Before I changed my mind with Treecko and Roserade, seriously this is a hard choice xD

Password: Serperior used Leaf Storm. Contrary activated, it's Sp.Atk sharply increased. Grr, how long Nintendo wanted us to be patient, can't wait to see three of my favorite stood in OU! Serperior, Lilligant, and Roserade. Still, I want Torterra to have some boosts. It is my favorite bulky grass-type…

About me: Well! I used to be pyromaniac trainer. Since Gen 1 up till Gen 4, I'm always dedicated myself to fire-type pokemon by choosing the fire starters except for treecko in Gen 3.

But in Gen 5, just suddenly, Snivy's snobbish eyes, Whimsicott's playful demeanor, Lilligant's elegance and beauty, and Leavanny's motherly appearance, AND Ferrothorn absurdly sturdiness, and Simisage's badass look robbed my heart. This is totally my favorite gen! Not mentioning all of Grass-type is beautiful in their own unique ways. Their elegant design alone distinct themselves from another types. They're calm, composed, quite, and most important ELEGANT! Have I mentioned Elegance?

Venusaur is madly strong under the sun, Meganium is pretty handy with its plethora of supportive moves, Sceptile oh-so-badass-lord of the jungle with its second to none speed after Unburden, Torterra's WoodEdgeQuakeHammer banish everything, and Serperior's glare stood still even the legendaries! What's not to love from this great types!?

Grass-type also the most versatile pokemon with their annoying supportive moves and stalls, such as omnipresent like Leech Seed and Sleep Powder. It covers their many weaknesses for being the most handful pokemon of all time. Oh I how I love grass-type.

As for me, I'm always reserved two to three spaces for my grass-types in team. And one for Surf, and one who could Fly. Grass-type is a must in my team.

The reason I chose Snivy is definitely clear, I do love Snivy and its evos. While it makes me crazy to choose between Lilligant and Roserade. The both are the most beautiful grass-type, and I love them as how much I love Snivy. Oh have I mentioned the three must be female?

The toughest grass-type in anime I suppose it's Virizion, by being a legendary and such. But if it's from the series, I suppose Ash's Torterra is a powerhouse grass-type. It's just sadden me that he loses to Paul's Drapion… :(

I've read the rule in making a topic, due it's almost a week since the last topic, may I started the next topic?

If ever GF creates the main legendary mascot (the one that appear on the title screen of every gen) of one series is a Grass-type, what typings do you wish for it, what power does it possess, and as well as what its relation to the story?

Ps: I have some sketch with six grass-types on it. But it still in black/white, and done traditionally. It's not too shabby, I think, for I'm quite confident with my drawing skill. Is it okay if I posted here or the URL? Thanks.
Until next time,
Elix.

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
Name: Galoria

Partner Pokemon:
Chikorita & Leafeon (Can't add cute animations, damn)

Password: Leafeon! Finish him with Leaf Storm!

Topic Answer: About Chikorita, I would love to add two little cute teeths. Its top sheet bitten everywhere. And a nice black cape, so it looks like a vampire! Rawrrr.
About my Leafeon. How can I make this Pokémon scary. Leafeon is so cuuute...
I think I can make a zombie with dry leaves and drooping that will be wrong of course. Do not forget that Leafeon with small leaves often are not exposed to light, it means that its may die!

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
@Elix tl;dr dude. There wasn't a need to tell us about yourself xD

But regardless, you are accepted :D And the topic change is also accepted too! I'll have to rephrase it to make it more understandable and less complicated.

Name: Galoria

Partner Pokemon:
Chikorita & Leafeon (Can't add cute animations, damn)

Password: Leafeon! Finish him with Leaf Storm!

Topic Answer: About Chikorita, I would love to add two little cute teeths. Its top sheet bitten everywhere. And a nice black cape, so it looks like a vampire! Rawrrr.
About my Leafeon. How can I make this Pokémon scary. Leafeon is so cuuute...
I think I can make a zombie with dry leaves and drooping that will be wrong of course. Do not forget that Leafeon with small leaves often are not exposed to light, it means that its may die!

Welcome aboard! Another Snivy/Leafeon fan I see. Looks like we got a trend here! ^_^

As I mentioned, new topic suggested by Elix! Only rephrased a little: Since a grass-type legendary Pokemon hasn't been featured in the front cover of a Pokemon game, who would it be and what moves will it contain?

Keep that in mind that there aren't that many grass-type legendaries (not sure if Rotom is actually a legendary lol)

Elix-the-Exiled

Grass-type dude
Years
@Elix tl;dr dude. There wasn't a need to tell us about yourself xD
But regardless, you are accepted :D And the topic change is also accepted too! I'll have to rephrase it to make it more understandable and less complicated.

Oh yea, I see. Hehe, should I edited it maybe Leaf?

On to the topic! Due to there's no halloween in my country, so I just continue making the new topic. Sry xD

Since a grass-type legendary Pokemon hasn't been featured in the front cover of a Pokemon game, who would it be and what moves will it contain?

I'm always imagining pokemon who rules over nature. Not representing ground or ocean like Groudon and Kyogre respectively. But tp maintain the harmony of the land.
Maybe if Arceus truly a god of all pokemon and human, he had ever leave the responsibility to one of new unknown legendary for the task in the past.

This grass-legendary struggled in the drastically climate change, albeit Global Warming, while the 'Team *insert bad name here pls*' are the bunch of capitalist who uses pokemon for their self-benefits in bussiness and harms nature severely.

The legendary pokemon itself might have the incredible power as the representative of mother nature.
I prefer the typing such as: Grass/Rock or Grass/Dragon. Due to many weaknesses for grass, it quite hard to determine it. Maybe it could be fixed with its special ability to reduces super-effective moves to it by 1/3 or 1/2 like rhyperior.

Its ultimate moves are 'Gaia Wrath'. 180 based Sp.Atk power, while reduces it Def/Sp.Def/Spd by one stage.

Years
For the topic, is it for a currently existing legendary or a new one that we make up?

Imma go with the second version. :D

Let's see. Like Elix, I think it would basically rule over nature, except more specifically it would rule over the wild. It would be kind of similar to Pan from the Greek myths; actually that's what it would be based on. I think it would be either Grass/Normal or Grass/Ground. Maybe even Grass/Poison, Grass/Poison or even Grass/Dragon. The first two make the most sense though.

Basically, this pokemon would look something a satyr/goat/trees/vines. It would rule over the wild places of the world and be found in some pocket of wild, a jungle of some sort, far from civilization. Also, this place would be FILLED with plants, as this pokemon makes plants grow wildly. Perhaps it's ability could power up all other grass types in the party. (great for a monotype! :D) It's ability would be called Fertilizer or something lol, and the boost would be a +1 in every stat.

The pokemon would guard nature in a region that was very nature vs trash/pollution, and would fight to protect the pokemon/plants in the region. It would fight against an evil "team" who was a corporation fighting for their company. They'd have a lot of power over the region and create a lot of waste that would have drastic impacts on the environment. It'd be like Altru Inc in Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, except this company would be focused on harvesting oil via dangerous and illegal methods, and would use their pokemon as guard-dogs/to fight for them. Maybe ex-Team Plasma could even come back and protest them, and help you find the grass type legendary and use its power to stop them.

Maybe it's name could be Wildyre (pronounced as wilder, comes from wild, satyr and nature) and it'd be known as the Vernal Pokemon. This pokemon would be found with the moves: Hyper Voice, Frenzy Plant, Earth Power, and a signature move known as Nature Song. It would be a special attack move that didn't make contact, and had 100 base power. It would be grass type, and cause the the user's ability to be triggered again, meaning all grass types would get +2 in all their stats. However, the user would lose 1/4 of their health.

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
I'm agree with (Ste)Elix and Golurk :3

My reflection is thinking about Greek mythology. More exactly Gaia, mother earth and also one that embodies the existence and life, in other words: the nature.

● First, its type.
I think obviously the type plant. In the elements exist, I think the type plant embodies the best of nature.

● Second thing, the second type.
Or do you would add a second type?
The best improve its capacity and power, who knows?
- Grass / Dragon.
That would be great! We have an idea that a dragon is rather protective aspect than anything else. It embodies respect and power.
In addition, to have a huge weakness to ice, it would be logical that fear ice (X4). But more resistant to fire, because it is a dragon (X1)
Unfortunately we too embody power by dragons, maybe we should see other stuff?

► Grass / Ground
Two very interesting things. Two types, which are part of the whole nature.As Torterra, they have the same weaknesses. With both types, although it embodies Gaia.

► Gass / Rock
Unfortunately, this type of assembly is quite weak because many weaknesses. I think more about Grass/Ground types.

► Grass / Poison
A good combination, despite what is seen and classic.

► Grass
One type. Why not after all.

▬> Everything depends on our vision and our symbolic towards nature.
Grass and Ground would be embodied in Gaia, controlling nature, plants, and ground.
Grass and Dragon would be the aspect of "protective" and powerful.
Grass and Poison embodies well the next "wild" and dangerous nature.
Grass and Rock would be just as well as Grass / Ground. But would lean more towards advantageous aspects Grass / Ground.
Grass. Mundane, but equally significant nature.

● About its attacks. I think about:

Leaf Blade / Energy Ball / Earthquake
Swords Dance / Leaf Tornado / Synthesis
Giga Drain / Leech seed
Wilderness

And an attack made ​​especially for him. An attack that raises the SPEC.ATT two levels.
Used 5 times.
Power: 90 or 100
The name would be: Wilderness.

● And the name of this Pokémon is ... I can't say it in English, I can say it in Ukrainian only :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Man, you guys are having some great ideas, my attempt will be nowhere near as good lmao. I love all the talk about Gaia, that's a really interesting concept. I'm going to go with a existing legendary though since I think what I'm about to suggest should have been the focus for BW2; I think Virizion should be the box art in the next game, alongside a game with Terrakion. Virizion and Terrakion are such cool Pokémon and much a very interesting pair when it comes to their joint powers, so I'd love to see them be properly featured in the games for once rather than just having a random side mention when you first find them. As for Cobalion, he'd be the group's leader (sort of like Rayquaza in RSE), and the story could essentially follow the vein of a huge epic battle between the two legendary deer-warrior-things where they lead an army of Pokémon each into a war and it's up to the hero to stop them. There'd be a whole army of Grass types from Virizion and I think it'd suit the concept of these Pokémon pretty well, so I think Virizion would be perfect as a box art Pokémon. :D

Years
Totally missed some awesome topics here, whoops!

On the Anime, which grass-type Pokemon do you find the cutest? Toughest?

Ash's Snivy is both cute and tough so she definitely gets my vote. I love how she's always calm about things and gives advice to the other team members (like Tepig) while still being irresistibly cute. I definitely wouldn't have liked Snivy as much if it weren't for her. <3

I can easily picture Whimsicott with a little torn black/orange cape and fangs, haha. Snivy on the other hand would make a good Frankenstein! :3

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Name: CourageHound
Partner Pokemon:
001.gif
(Zatch) and
586-summer.gif
(Major)
I like Bulbasaur cuz hes my fav grass type due to the different attributes and tools it has in its arsenal and being blindingly cute throughout its evolutionary line. Second is Sawsbuck because it reminds me of nature and he looks like a very handsome pokemon akin to its real like counterpart.
Password: Strongest grass type attack is Frenzy- jk Leaf Storm
Topic Answer:
On the Anime, which grass-type Pokemon do you find the cutest? Toughest?
EEerr...excluding the irrationality of 5th gen i'd say...Torterra. Namely Paul's Torterra. Very strong, powerfull and a tank.

xD I'd could envision dressing Bulbasaur up in a Metta Knight costume(From the Kirby series) with the mask, ballon sword attacked to his side and a cape that he uses his vines to extend to emulate Metta Knight's wings

I can also see Sawsbuck dressing up as a dark horse from the headless horsemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back