• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
I have 2 ideas:

Egg Swap Challenge
- Once 4 or more people join the challenge, all the participants egg swap 5 eggs with each other and trade them to whatever game they are playing to hatch them.
-This could work on Gen 4/5 easiest but could also be done with just regular trading in VBA Link.

Not My Pokemon Challenge
-This challenge would be done by only using pokemon you receive from other players in the game. This includes Gift Pokemon, traded pokemon, egg's that the player is randomly given, and I bet there are a few more circumstances.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I have 2 ideas:

Egg Swap Challenge
- Once 4 or more people join the challenge, all the participants egg swap 5 eggs with each other and trade them to whatever game they are playing to hatch them.
-This could work on Gen 4/5 easiest but could also be done with just regular trading in VBA Link.

Not My Pokemon Challenge
-This challenge would be done by only using pokemon you receive from other players in the game. This includes Gift Pokemon, traded pokemon, egg's that the player is randomly given, and I bet there are a few more circumstances.

Way too similar to the failed GT event that I never want to think about again. -shudders- Like I said, I don't want an event that relies heavily on other participants, especially after how badly the GT event went this year. Even the year before which wasn't as badly affected by deadweight participants, it still hurt the challenge. So...yeah. No more of those.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
Way too similar to the failed GT event that I never want to think about again. -shudders- Like I said, I don't want an event that relies heavily on other participants, especially after how badly the GT event went this year. Even the year before which wasn't as badly affected by deadweight participants, it still hurt the challenge. So...yeah. No more of those.

Oh well, maybe a personal challenge. :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Baby Jesus Pokemon? So our starter would be Larvesta? xD

For a Christmas challenge perhaps we could have to have Delibird to start and always have it know Present? And it always has to be the strongest Pokemon on our team, to make sure we keep using it xD And perhaps for other rules we could only have Ice-types in our party? If we used Abomasnow it could be a Dreaming of a White Christmas Challenge x3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I've done too many challenges where Delibird is involved and not looking forward to more... :(

HM. A Christmas themed Scramble challenge IDK.

11wildy

Me!
Years
But a scramble relies on other players again, which is not very good for an event. And I'm already doing a mono-ice on Ruby did one on Diamond and Crystal. So if we were to monotype it with ice, only first and last gen are availabl for me ;3

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
Hmmmm, what about another challenge like the Event Bowl but with Holiday Symbols. Here are some off the top of my head.

Giver- Has to have 3 move's that aren't attacks, one of which has to benefit either the users team or the opposing team. (I.E. Swagger)
Holiday Spirit- Teams core. Special Attack and Speed must be the 2 highest stats.
Scrooge- Must have base happiness below 70. (The only gen this would be a problem in is any of the Kanto Games because the only ones below 70 that aren't legendaries is the Dragonite family.)
Jack Frost- Pokemon must learn blizzard.
Everlasting Candle- A fire type that has to learn Flash.
Present From The GM: What ever pokemon you'd like. (Base Stats below 550)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
But a scramble relies on other players again, which is not very good for an event. And I'm already doing a mono-ice on Ruby did one on Diamond and Crystal. So if we were to monotype it with ice, only first and last gen are availabl for me ;3

The difference there is that if someone else drops out, you're not affected, unlike playing in teams or having to swap teams and eggs with people. And if we did that, we could change it to where one person could assign all your stuff instead of having to wait on different people to give you something. idk if that's how it's still run though, cause I haven't done a scramble in a long time so maybe it's been changed since then.

Years
Everlasting Candle- A fire type that has to learn Flash.

Problem: Entei, Ho-Oh, Victini, and the Litwick line are the only fire types who can legitimately learn Flash, which would make the Generation I games unusable, and require using a legendary in the Generation II, III, and IV games, as well as hacking in the Generation III games and D/P/Pt.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That sounds like effort. I'm not a good designer or anything, so I just did what looks good on my screen. :( But all the forums in GPGD except PGC have a splash and I recommend everyone go look at them lol.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Make sure you check back as far as two months, since that's the revival limit in here as opposed to one month like the other sections. If you don't see it, then feel free to make it. :o

I personally have been wanting to get back into the TCG and remembered there was a TCG challenge where you used only Pokemon from a certain deck. I wish that was back, but I don't have a free game to use atm nor do I feel like starting it and being in a new challenge. Plus I am awful at keeping up with threads and challengers and answering questions in them lol. Maybe after I clear out some I will restart it, buuuut meh.

Speaking of that, I beat my monocolor in Ruby the other day. :) It was magical!

11wildy

Me!
Years
I beat my Delibird solo in HeartGold, man, that was hell >.< Even the Leafgreen solo with Eevee was easyer, apart from Brock being a pain.

Anybody got a new and very difficult challenge for me, which I can combine with monotype? ;3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back