• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prevent depositing of a certain Pokémon species

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Thanks to Rot8er_ConeX

original post : http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=355203

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is all done in the script section PScreen_Storage:

Step 1
In the function "pbRelease", which starts around line 234, you should find the following code. Insert the red part:
Code:
    if pokemon.isEgg?
      pbDisplay(_INTL("You can't release an Egg."))
      return false
    elsif pokemon.mail
      pbDisplay(_INTL("Please remove the mail."))
      return false[COLOR="Red"]
    elsif isConst?(pokemon.species,PBSpecies,:SPECIES) # <- replace with the species name in all caps
      pbDisplay(_INTL("This species can't be released."))
      return false[/COLOR]
    end
This step can be ignored if you want the player to be able to release the species.

Step 2
In the function "pbStore", which starts around line 289, you should see the following code. Add the red part:
Code:
    if pbAbleCount<=1 && pbAble?(@storage[box,index]) && !heldpoke
      pbDisplay(_INTL("That's your last Pokémon!"))
    elsif @storage[box,index].mail
      pbDisplay(_INTL("Please remove the Mail."))[COLOR="red"]
    elsif isConst?(@storage[box,index].species,PBSpecies,:SPECIES) # <- replace with the species name in all caps
      pbDisplay(_INTL("This species cannot be placed in storage."))[/COLOR]
    else

Step 3
In the function "pbSwap", which starts around line 367, you should find the following code. Add the red part:
Code:
    if box==-1 && pbAble?(@storage[box,index]) && pbAbleCount<=1 && !pbAble?(@heldpkmn)
      pbDisplay(_INTL("That's your last Pokémon!"))
      return false
    end
    if box!=-1 && @heldpkmn.mail
      pbDisplay("Please remove the mail.")
      return false
    end[COLOR="red"]
    if box!=-1 && isConst?(@heldpkmn.species,PBSpecies,:SPECIES) # <- replace with the species name in all caps
      pbDisplay(_INTL("This species cannot be placed in storage."))
      return false
    end[/COLOR]

Step 4
Very similar to the last step. In the function "pbPlace", which starts around line 397, you should find the following code. Add the red part:
Code:
    if box!=-1 && index>[email protected](box)
      pbDisplay("Can't place that there.")
      return
    end
    if box!=-1 && @heldpkmn.mail
      pbDisplay("Please remove the mail.")
      return
    end[COLOR="red"]
    if box!=-1 && isConst?(@heldpkmn.species,PBSpecies,:SPECIES) # <- replace with the species name in all caps
      pbDisplay(_INTL("This species cannot be placed in storage."))
      return false
    end[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Years
I have seen you take my solutions to one person and then post them as a tutorial at least three times. While I agree that at the very least the Surf fix should have a tutorial - it's now a feature in the official games (I loved riding my Kyogre, even if it did make some Dive spots unreachable because of the huge hitbox), so a lot of people are going to try to emulate it - it is generally customary to ask someone before posting their work, even with credit.

If you had asked to use my work as a tutorial, I would have accepted (after altering my work to be plug-'n'-play rather than what I'll call guts-ripping scripts). However, by posting my work without linking my profile, you don't also include the stipulation I have in my sig when people use my work, which is to use my real username rather than the mistake that my phone caused, which I am in the process of correcting.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I have seen you take my solutions to one person and then post them as a tutorial at least three times. While I agree that at the very least the Surf fix should have a tutorial - it's now a feature in the official games (I loved riding my Kyogre, even if it did make some Dive spots unreachable because of the huge hitbox), so a lot of people are going to try to emulate it - it is generally customary to ask someone before posting their work, even with credit.

If you had asked to use my work as a tutorial, I would have accepted (after altering my work to be plug-'n'-play rather than what I'll call guts-ripping scripts). However, by posting my work without linking my profile, you don't also include the stipulation I have in my sig when people use my work, which is to use my real username rather than the mistake that my phone caused, which I am in the process of correcting.

I totally agree with were you are coming from , and from our PM discussion i think were all cool now about the situation.

Back