• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
451.gif
notshiny.png
#451 Skorupi ♂ Lv.10
576.png

OT: Dylan ♂ | ID: 35637
Impish - Keen Eye
IVs:31/31/31/31/31/31 70
17.png

Bite - Poison Sting - Agility - Knock Off

I did Skorupi for this one. It was the first thing that came to mind when I thought of a descendant for Anorith.

For centuries these shrimp-like creatures were fished for trainer consumption. Being semi-intelligent Pokemon they noticed that Anoriths who were poisoned by their territorial enemies, the Tentacools, were thrown back in the water to continue their lives. The hunted shrimp, not fearing toxins, cut a deal with the Tentacools; that if they poisoned their people making them unworthy of consumption, they would leave the jellyfishes favorite part of the ocean to do their jellyfish things. The deal was made, and everyone lived happily ever after. Some Anoriths chose to take to the lands, becoming what we know as Skorupi. Retaining their heavy shell armor, their pincers and claws, yet using their new prowess over poison to overcome humanoid and grassy foes. The oldest Drapions have a dark, ulterior motive to seek revenge upon those who once hunted them.

I have no idea what I'm doing or if I did it right loooool.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I was going to enter this in the last challenge as a Ninetails but Sydian beat me to entering a Ninetails.. So I'll just share it with you all =)

037.gif
004.png

Vulpix ♀ lvl 1
Nature: Timid
Ability: Drought
OT: Shinies ♂ TID: 49098
Hidden Power: 70 Fighting
IVs: 31/31/30/30/30/30
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Heat Wave, Hypnosis, Hidden Power, Energy Ball
Met/Hatched at Route 3

I don't think I'll enter this evolution challenge, I have quite a bit of RNGing to do for a giveaway thingy so I'll be quite busy =o I also can't seem to get inspiration for this certain one.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I have thought of what imma RNG for this challenge! I think...

This isn't my entry but...

004.png
290.gif
004.png

Nincada
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Jolly | Compoundeyes | 31 31 31 25 31 31
Scratch, Harden

004.png
290.gif
004.png

Nincada
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Lonely | Compoundeyes | 11 31 0 31 31 31
Scratch, Harden

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
Here's my entry to the challenge! Spinarak from Kabuto. It may not seem obvious at first but bear with me.

167.png

Spinarak
Insomnia|Adamant
31|31|31|23|31|31
String Shot|Toxic Spikes|Pursuit|Night Slash

So I was looking at Fossil pokemon and what animals they represent in real life. Kabuto was one of the ones I looked at. So, Kabuto is based off of a horseshoe crab. Horseshoe Crabs are pretty old creatures and have been around for a long time. (Here comes the part I love) So I took a look at the biological side of Horseshoe Crabs. Horseshoe Crabs belong to the Subphylum Chelicerata, which is divided into three Classes. The ones I'm going to look at today are Merostomata and Arachnida. Merostomata is the class that Horseshoe Crabs belong to, and Arachnids we all know what those are. This means that these crabs and spiders are related. If two Classes stem from a same Subphylum, that means that the animals in those Classes had a common ancestor that at one point split into different kinds of animals. If we look at pokemon, Spinarak and Kabuto may have had a common ancestor. (Also, the animal that Anorith is based on is placed in the Phylum Arthropoda of which Chelicerata is a subphylum, so Anorith may also be loosely related to Kabuto and Spinarak)

I hope this makes sense to you guys!

Last edited:

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years
So I decided I wanted to learn how to RNG abuse my Gen V ID/SID and Starter. I looked up some guides on how to RNG abuse your ID/SID and starter on Smogon. The only issue was these guides were for RNG Reporter and since I'm on a Mac, I'm using PPRNG. From what I can tell (have never used RNG Reporter) the two programs are pretty similar, so I was able to translate and use the guide pretty well for PPRNG.

...And I was able to RNG abuse my ID/SID and Starter on my very first try. Pretty excited about that.

BW_Hilbert.png

Jay Jay
ID: 00041 | SID: 58541

004.png
501.gif
004.png

Oshawott
shiny.png
male.png
| Lv. 5
Adamant | Torrent
31 | 31 | 31 |31 | 31 | 31
Tackle | Tail Whip | XXXXX | XXXXX​

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
So I decided I wanted to learn how to RNG abuse my Gen V ID/SID and Starter. I looked up some guides on how to RNG abuse your ID/SID and starter on Smogon. The only issue was these guides were for RNG Reporter and since I'm on a Mac, I'm using PPRNG. From what I can tell (have never used RNG Reporter) the two programs are pretty similar, so I was able to translate and use the guide pretty well for PPRNG.

...And I was able to RNG abuse my ID/SID and Starter on my very first try. Pretty excited about that.

BW_Hilbert.png

Jay Jay
ID: 00041 | SID: 58541

004.png
501.gif
004.png

Oshawott
shiny.png
male.png
| Lv. 5
Adamant | Torrent
31 | 31 | 31 |31 | 31 | 31
Tackle | Tail Whip | XXXXX | XXXXX​

I want to do the same thing.. But with my Soulsilver.. Not working out too well considering how different gen5 is compared to gen4. Gen5 is so much easier, and Smogon is really bad at explaining things. I believe I've worked out everything already but what exactly are calibrated seconds and calibrated delay? I can't exactly find information about those two things. Everything else I think I'm 100% fine on. Help please? :x

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years
I want to do the same thing.. But with my Soulsilver.. Not working out too well considering how different gen5 is compared to gen4. Gen5 is so much easier, and Smogon is really bad at explaining things. I believe I've worked out everything already but what exactly are calibrated seconds and calibrated delay? I can't exactly find information about those two things. Everything else I think I'm 100% fine on. Help please? :x

I agree with the fact that the guides and explanations on Smogon aren't very good. Honestly though, I have no idea what calibrated seconds and calibrated delay are. I've only done Gen V abuse. Haven't even tried to learn Gen IV abuse yet or even look at Gen IV abuse guides.

Hopefully someone on here will be able to help out with that. Wish I could be more of a help.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

I know it's on Smogon, but this is what I used to find my calibrated seconds and delay: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part2#calibration

Good luck ^^

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Thanks Mac, I'll try to use that to work it out. Think you or someone else could help me by transferring two Pokemon to my Platinum though? I can't restart the game with them there and I don't have two DS systems.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Thanks Mac, I'll try to use that to work it out. Think you or someone else could help me by transferring two Pokemon to my Platinum though? I can't restart the game with them there and I don't have two DS systems.

I can't do it right now :( Maybe go to Trade Corner's QTT thread and ask there?

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Yes I could do that, I just have a trust issue with most people.. I don't know what I should do Mac. Hmm.. I just wish I had a close friend that would be willing to help me out. I'll look around and see if someone would be willing to help me.

evo21

RNGing is awesomes
Years
  • Age 36
  • uk
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
my latest gen 4 R4 French RNG
MOMARTIK (french Froslass) | Lv. 1
Shiny:yes
Timid | Snow Cloak
31 | 2 | 31 |30| 31 | 31
Icebeam | Pain Split | Spikes | Taunt​

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
My Challenge entry:

004.png
422-east.gif
004.png

Shellos
shiny.png
female.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Calm | Storm Drain | 31 31 31 31 31 31
Mud-Slap, Mirror Coat
I chose to RNG a descendant of Omanyte/Omastar for the current challenge. I chose Shellos (or what will later be Gastrodon) as the descendant. According to the Pokédex, the believed reason for Omastar's extinction was because its shell became too large and heavy, which caused it to become slow and it (and Omanyte) eventually died out. Gastrodon's Pokédex entries mention that in ancient times, it had a sturdy shell. In ancient times Omanyte and Omastar were dying out because they were growing slower and slower. In attempt to survive, they taught themselves how to increase their speed by breaking their shells with Shell Smash. For a while, it worked. The Pokémon were able to catch their prey with ease. After a while however, Shell Smash became less and less reliable as the Omanyte and Omastar's prey, Shellder (as mentioned by the Pokédex) picked up on how to use Shell Smash and were able to retreat and fight back against the fossil Pokémon. Because of this, the Omastar and Omanyte with the Shell Armor and Swift Swim abilities died off. The Weak Armor variety managed to hang on, taking the hits the Shellder threw, and with the additional increased speed, successfully hunted them. Over time Omanyte and Omastar's shells became extremely weak and eventually they disappeared all together and they became the Shellos and Gastrodon we know today. Also Omanyte and Omastar's English beta names come from the word "escargot", which is french for snail, and Shellos and Gastrodon are slug Pokémon and imo slugs are just snails without shells.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
For the challenge, I decided to do the ultimate troll Pokemon:

004.png
304.png
004.png

Troll (Aron) ♀ Lv. 1 ★
OT: Mac | ID: 36152
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sturdy
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Endeavor, Toxic, Sleep Talk, Protect
Non-Redis

Aron could have evolved from Shieldon since they are both heavily armored Pokemon, but Aron doesn't have the fossil look to him like Shieldon does. Shieldon looks more like a dinosaur than Aron does. Perhaps, due to the great extinction event, Shieldon went mostly extinct except for the few that were very small (like Aron) and able to hide themselves underground and far away from the event. Since they were deep underground, they stayed rather small like Shieldon but were protected from the event. Time changed them enough away from the dinosaur looking Shieldon into what we know as Aron today.

Yeah, that probably wasn't the best explanation, but I really wanted to do Aron xD

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Here is my entry :D my story is right below.

004.png
342.gif
004.png

Crawdaunt
shiny.png
male.png
lvl 30

OT: Tom | ID: 08716
Jolly | Adaptability
IVs: 31/31/31/30/31/31
Dragon Dance | Rock Slide | X-Scissor | Waterfall
Non-Redis

A long time ago, Corphish and Anorith lived together in harmony, mating their young for many years in the peaceful waters surrounding the Orange Islands. They have always had peace and harmony until one fateful day.. When scientists decided to poison the waters, to obtain pokemon for research. The scientists had a lead on rare pokemon in the waters surrounding the Orange Islands, and they planned on obtaining every species of pokemon there. There were a few consortiums of Corphish and Anorith that were in mating time, as the scientist dropped the deadly toxins into the beautiful waters. The toxins had reached to the area where the consortium's were located. The mother Anorith and the father Corphish, had pushed the baby Anorith down far enough to save them, while being poisoned by the deadly toxins. The baby Anorith, went with another consortium that was in a safer location while the Scientist collected the pokemon for research. At this time Corphish and Anorith had no evolutions as the scientists were trying to discover. Afterwards, the baby Anorith was being raised by another mother and father that was close to his own consortium. As they raised him, they noticed he wasn't the same Anorith like their's were. This one started to obtain an orange body, similar to a Corphish. The toxins had gotten to the baby Anorith, and then evolved into something scary. The toxins must have mutated it's genetics, and turned it into a dark-water type pokemon that was later named Crawdaunt. After it so called evolved into what we know as Crawdaunt, it was still being raised by the Anorith family it was with. As the Anorith grew older, they started to teach this unknown creature to them their ways. Moves like Rock Slide and X-Scissor were being learned by Crawdaunt like it's parents would have raised him. This mysterious pokemon also didn't have the same ability as the other Anorith's did. It was able to have stronger attacks that were based on it's Water-Dark typing such as Crunch and Waterfall. Somehow the toxins were able to change it's genetics to harness a move that would raise it's attack and speed, Dragon Dance. It was active when Crawdaunt would be enraged due to what he had witnessed with his parents.This pokemon was about to be number one priority of scientists near the Orange Islands and a breakthrough for pokemon sciences.

As you can see I chose Crawdaunt to evolve from Anorith which Anorith/Armaldo is my favorite fossil. I made up a past story something that I felt would be really interesting and when I saw the challenge it immediately came to me that this is what I wanted to do. Also Consortiums are like groups of crabs if you didn't know that word. I chose Orange Islands because it was one of my favorite memories of Pokemon when I was younger as well. I wish I could have obtained it there but you know. I was feeling really creative to make that story into the evolution, it really took some time and thought. The reasoning for picking each was I felt Anorith was the only fossil that could work for the creativness I was going to, and the only pokemon I could see evolving into Crawdaunt since that reminds me of Armaldo's physicality. I hope you guys enjoyed the story and my entry! :)

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Wow, that's one hell of a great story. lol I'm glad I am not the judge for this one xDDD Speaking of that, I'm taking ideas for the next RNG club challenge... if you have one just PM it to me ^^

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
So as of lately, I have been really motivated to keep RNGing, especially since when after my college is done I will be learning 4th Gen and remaking my trade thread so it will be open. I have always wanted to do this and I finally got to!

004.png
471.gif
004.png

Glaceon
shiny.png
male.png
lvl 2
OT: Tom | ID: 08716
Modest | Ice Body
IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/30
Hidden Power FIRE
Ice Beam | Hidden Power | Shadow Ball | Protect

Hatched at Twist Mountain

I love my new Glaceon <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014

Spr_3e_369.gif
004.png

Relicanth
female.png
lvl 1
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Nature: Adamant Ability: Swift Swim

Apparently Relicanth hasn't evolved in over 100 million years, I believe it descends from Kabuto. Kabuto fossils were initially located on an island, they came to life when the moon cast a red glow. The island was composed of fossils so as soon as that happened it came apart and the Kabuto sank into the ocean.
Most of them managed to find their way out of the sea but the ones that stayed in those depths eventually turned into fish-like species and then into Relicanth. The red dot relicanth has on the side is said to be a remnant of the Kabuto's red glowing eyes which were connected to the red glow of the moon.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
I can help you with that, just VM me whenever you see me online ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back