• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge 5: Pokemanz

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
Years
Set 2's correct answer: Each 'mon outweighs at least one of its evolutions (Vileplume outweighs Gloom, but Bellossom is lighter).

In my books this is just b*ll♥♥♥♥. But anyway, here's set 3:

130.gif
268.gif
433.gif
110.gif

Let the ideas flow - we are guessing first!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
this is really hard tbh i aint know ♥♥♥♥ beyond anime what's all this about learnsets and weights and ???? why

all are resistant to fighting tho if that helps

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Set 2's correct answer: Each 'mon outweighs at least one of its evolutions (Vileplume outweighs Gloom, but Bellossom is lighter).

How in the hell does Kadabra weigh more than Alakazam? I would have never thought of that simply because of him. There was a bit about that on Porygon, but it didn't occur to me that that could be it because it's not something you'd think for the others! omg

Antemortem, I love the difficulty of these challenges but you are just cruel. xD but really though, good trivia stuff.

um, I'm not sure how to relate those. Technically all of them have been under the ownership of the Team Rocket trio, but only if Chimecho is considered, so that's probably not it.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I'd do more searching, but it's late and I can't use my computer when it's late...I tried finding out more on Bulbapedia from my phone, but it won't work with me. The only similarity I can see is Anna's Fighting resist...I'll research the Pokemon tomorrow morning. :3

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
They can all be caught in the wild in Pearl, Platinum, HG, and SS. It's something, albeit vague.

Also all of them have 50/50 gender ratios, but I think that's a pretty common thing for all Pokémon...

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
I would say they all levitate, but that doesn't apply to the cocoon. So my best guess is that that they can't be beaten by ground types?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
well whatever we're putting in i suggest someone go for it (probably not something too obscure or vague) bc we can't be milling around so much tbh. gotta tryyy

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I'd say the most solid guess right now is the resistance to Fighting type, but considering the other two have been less obvious that might not be it. Although that may just be the idea behind this set :p

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Gyarados is weak to fighting when it's a mega so n :c

Olli

Years
I don't think the mega evolution counts in this. Otherwise I think it should've been specified. But yeah, we only have 3 hours left, so we need to decide on something quick.

Wobbu

Years
I'll take the fall again and submit the Fighting type thing if I'm allowed to. I'm not sure if the consecutive guessing applies to each set by itself or the whole challenge in general.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Hopefully it's right... I think it's a curse that we just get everything wrong. Oh well, it can't be helped. Maybe it's the Rocket thing, but Chingling puts that to doubt.

Olli

Years
I don't know, I think the second set was a bit unfair, since in the OP for the challenge it said there'd only be one big thing they had in common, and I think all of them being introduced in first generation is a big similarity. But ah well, not gonna fight it.

Also, I'd rather I take the risk on this one, Wobbu. You've been contributing to this much more and you've already risked getting poisoned once. So unless there's any objections, I'll go ahead and post the fighting type thing now.

Wobbu

Years
Well, if we want to get really technical, Jessie and James did temporarily possess one or two Chingling after stealing them in The Bells are Singing!, even if it was only for a few minutes.

Wobbu

Years
Yeah, James bought a Magikarp on the SS Anne and it evolved after the ship sunk. James kicked the Magikarp and it evolved out of rage, and ended up using Twister on them haha

Olli

Years
Yeahh I remember that episode, though I always considered Magikarp to have no longer been in their possession once it was kicked out, whereafter it sent them flying away :p But I wouldn't be opposed to going with all of them having been in the possession of Team Rocket at some point.

Wobbu

Years
The Fighting type things seems more likely to be correct imo, but it's also a lot more obvious than the previous two answers. On the other hand, the TR thing seems way too technical but it has the same obscurity as the previous two answers.

The only other option that we know of is the gender ratio, which seems even more obvious than the Fighting type choice. Unless there is a fourth choice that we haven't figured out, I have a bad feeling about all of our current choices...

Olli

Years
Yeahh, same, but we don't really have a lot of other options. Again, it might've been on purpose to make the first two some really obscure similarities, just for us to question the third one because it's obvious. Definitely wouldn't count on it, but always a possibility.

I'd go looking for other things they have in common, but if it hasn't been found yet, it's probably not something I'm gonna find at 3 am haha.

Back