• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Randomized Nuzlocke Challenge

What should be my starter? (Even if you're not participating,help a friend out)

• Total voters
Years
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gzyVGSwqFk&list=PL9uTqoQc8K79zU7QHRRiA31dGXERHXqDm

So I just finished Blaze Black randomizer nuzlocke on my channel and man is this game a pain to complete lol, I decided to go all the way to Cynthia and beat her as the final challenge (without Nuzlocke rules because I chose to officially end nuzlocke with champion battle)- I had a lot and I really mean a lot of deaths in this game and it was a pain to complete, but I did it and I can finally say that I've beaten a Drayano hack and that's a lot xD

Oh and I also completed this right before new years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L6qYpeU68w&list=PL9uTqoQc8K78EKchQZqwlwMdtj5Xlx1GK

I used online red randomizer but I randomized movesets as well so that I had an extra challenge - also had a lot of deaths because of that since anything could have fissure, sheer cold or explosion or self destruct or anything like that lol

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
Username: Disturb Not The Harmony
Game: Blue
Additional Rules: None

Another round of Blue.

Spoiler:

65.PNG

ZAHN the L60 Alakazam
Psychic | Psybeam | Confusion | Recover

Alakazam is so stupidly OP it's hilarious. You know the game's unbalanced when the designers introduced two whole new types so that a single Pokemon couldn't sweep the Elite Four simply by mashing A.

Years
Sounds fun, recently found the randomizer thing myself so looking for an excuse to try it out.
Username:Sylvie
Game: Heart Gold
Additional Rules: No legendaries (for both trainers or for myself, i dislike using them)
Randomize both requested and given pokemon in trades
=============
Badges:
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png

Deaths: 3
Spoiler:

Journey:
Spoiler:

Team:

Skull lvl 15
Naughty/Lightning Rod
Growl/Leer/Bone club/Headbutt

Vince Lvl 15
Serious/Overgrow
Tackle/Poison Powder/Leech seed/Vine whip

Slim Jim Lvl 13
Rash/Water Absorb
Water Gun/Tail whip/Mud sport/Mud shot

Anna lvl 10
Serious/Swarm
Growl/Bide/Fury Cutter/Rock Smash

Scorpia Lvl 9
Timid/Hyper Cutter
Poison Jab/Sand attack/Harden/Knock Off

Spr_4d_Egg.png
???​

Last edited:
Years
Badges:
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png
50px-Hive_Badge.png
50px-Plain_Badge.png

Deaths:
Spoiler:

Journey:
Spoiler:
Team:
marowak.gif

Skull lvl 23@Shell Bell
Naughty/Lightning Rod
Focus energy/Bonemerang/Bone club/Headbutt

venusaur.gif

Vince lvl 23@Miracle Seed
Serious/Overgrow
Tackle/PoisonPowder/Leech Seed/Razor Leaf

quagsire.gif

Slim Jim lvl 21
Rash/Water Absorb
Water Gun/Mud Bomb/Slam/Mud Shot

kricketune.gif

Anna lvl 20
Serious/Swarm
Sing/Cut/Fury Cutter/Rock Smash

cranidos.gif

Rex lvl 20@Quick Claw
Lonely/Mold Breaker
Headbutt/Leer/Focus Energy/Pursuit

venomoth.gif

Troll lvl 20
Naughty/Tinted Lens
Leech life/Poisonpowder/Confusion/Extrasensory

Years
I'm going to have to drop out of my challenge. My game keeps getting glitches that loses me a good amount of game play if i forget to save often. Starting to get frustrating :( I'll try again on another game when i'm feeling less disheartened

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
So I'm discontinuing the Pokemon Godra fan-game challenge, as I can't progress much further anyway because that fan game was incomplete and I'm not sure I want to retry it in the new remastered Godra yet. Time to return to Kanto with the new Pokemon 807 patch randomized!

Username: Phantomness
Game: Fire Red with the 807 patch
Additional Rules: Rival keeps starter throughout the game, similar strength in trainers and wild pokemon, no legendaries for myself or other trainers, starters are 3-stages (that one seemed to glitch however...), enable National Dex at start

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hemoplauger

Crimson Blood Pokemon Master
Years
I recently started my own randomized nuzlocke.
I'm playing Pokemon Insurgence.
The link to episode one of the series is in my signature.

Years
Username: Janp
Game: Fire Red
Additional Rules: National Dex, randomized items and TMs, updates moves and stats and that's it I think

Randomized Nuzlocke in Pokémon Fire Red

cacturne.png
swampert.png
espeon.png
houndoom.png
hitmontop.png

magnemite.png
smoochum.png
grovyle.png
beautifly.png
golem.png

LOG

Okay, I probably should post sign-up earlier, but I finished my randomized Nuzlocke run in Fire Red.

I decided to do another Randomized Nuzlocke after several years and it was fun. Regular Nuzlockes in Kanto are quite boring and bland, but randomizing few things made this probably the best Kanto run I had in a while. Starters were Grovyle, Wailmer and Slakoth and I chose Grovyle after a lot of deciding between it and Slakoth. But I've used Slakoth recently, so Hoenn starter it was. And right on the Route 1 I found Blaziken and then found Swampert and another Treecko and Combusken and Mudkip. The whole Kanto was infested with Hoenn starters. But most of them weren't my first encounters on their Routes.

Aside from that, this run was pretty good. I caught Wobuffet on Route 1 and won 1st 3 badges just with it. But then I decided to box it because training it was really painful. I love using Wobuffet, but I would win this run within minutes with it. There weren't really any problems and randomized teams made it interesting. But it also made it laughably easy. Lance had Pichu on his team.

As for the death for the run, there were several of them. Magnemite was 1st one. I caught it and it literally died in its 1st battle to a crit. Then Smoochum, my replacement for Wobuffet, died in the Lavender Tower. My starter Grovyle fell victim to the stupidest moment in the whole run. It was night, I was tired, but wanted to get through the Silph Co., when I stopped paying attention and used Quick Attack several times against Misdreavus and proceed to die to Curse. That was fun. I'm not sure when exactly Beautifly died, but it was somewhere around Blaine battle. I'm not sure if it was against one of the trainers in the Gym or Blaine himself, but it was devastating. And finally, Golem. It happened during fight with Lorelei. I grinded my whole team to level 60 just to be sure I'm prepared, but it wasn't enough and Lorelei's Glalie evaded Ancient Power and OHKO'd Golem with a Blizzard.

So overall I enjoyed this run. The RNG really screwed me few times, for example I got paralyzed for 5 turns straight and then my attacked missed. And this is one of the better examples. But Kanto was fun for once.

So, here's Hall of Fame:
pYyz7yy.png

Team

swampert.png

Memeterial, Bashful Male Swampert @Quick Claw
lvl 63, Torrent
- Surf
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash

cacturne.png

Darling, Bold Female Cacturne @Scope Lens
lvl 63, Sand Veil
- Needle Arm
- Pin Missile
- Faint Attack
- Leech Seed

espeon.png

Umbreno, Jolly Male Espeon @Twistedspoon
lvl 61, Synchronize
- Psychic
- Morning Sun
- Quick Attack
- Sand-Attack

hitmontop.png

Bayblade, Bold Male Hitmontop @Choice Band
lvl 60, Intimidate
- Rolling Kick
- Counter
- Quick Attack
- Pursuit

houndoom.png

Magma, Impish Male Houndoom @Charcoal
lvl 61, Early Bird
- Crunch
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Howl​

ZexceedKeil123

The Komaeda of Pokemon
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 24, 2020
Username:ZexceedKeil123
Game:Emerald
Additional Rules
Randomized Items/TMs
National Dex at start
Force Fully Evolved pokemon at level 40 for trainers
Randomized wild held items

ZexceedKeil123

The Komaeda of Pokemon
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 24, 2020
Starters turned out to be Ditto, Nuzleaf and Dustox so I went with Astro the Dustox and grinded just a bit before facing May. Beat may easily since she only had a Ditto haha. Chaught Oscar the Swinub on route 101, Peggy the Pidgey on route 103 and Rias the Ralts on route 102. Grinded everyone to level 7. Oscar had a TM for SolarBeam on him that anyone could learn so I taught it to Rias(It was TM44 normally Rest so ofcourse anyone could learn it). Then Rias died to a Pichu of all things oh my god. Wally ended up catching a Lombre using Norman's Plusle haha. Chaught Steve the Weedle on route 104 and Duchess the Shuppet in the Forrest. Found a LUCKY EGG in a hidden loot area so thats nice. Got everyone to level 10 and got to Rustboro then saved.

Team:
Astro the Dustox level 10
Confusion

Peggy the Pidgey level 10
Tackle
Sand-Attack
Gust

Steve the Beedrill level 10
Poison Sting
String Shot
Harden
Fury Attack

Oscar the Swinub level 10
Tackle
Odor Sleuth
Powder Snow

Duchess the Shuppet level 11
Knock Off
Screech

Dead:
Rias the Ralts level 4
Solar Beam
Growl

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Username: Pluckles
Game: Fire Red
Additional Rules: Random field items, random move tutor

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Completed the FireRed run!

Must say, it was kind of a breeze this time around. I got lucky with the mons that I caught.

Pepper lv 56 (Route 3 as a Geodude)
King's Rock
Rock Throw/Earthquake/Rollout/Rock Blast

Jelly lv 57 (Saffron City Fighting Dojo)
Psychic/Confusion/Disable/Amnesia

Sage lv 58 (Route 2)
Magnet
Tri Attack/Spark/Thundershock/Thunder Wave

Thyme lv 58 (Pokemon Tower as a Seel)
Nevermeltice
Surf/Ice Beam/Aurora Beam/Icy Wind

Jam lv 56 (Victory Road)
Sludge/Sludge Bomb/Minimize/Acid Armor

Cinnamon lv 57 (Starter Pokemon)
Strength/Reversal/Fake Out/Dizzy Punch

Here's my backups (Shoutout to Flour the Vileplume, who was actually great until I decided to switch her out.
XSX2VNL.png

Annnnnnndd here's the graveyard, RIP
kO9Z78r.png

Overall, it was fun. Took a long break from Pokemon so it's nice to get back to these challenge runs.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Finished my challenge run for Emerald!

Overall, I had much more difficulty with this one compared to fire red, and at one point I was getting into double battles where they had two legendaries. It was really rough, and glad I kept overleveling before moving on.

Apple lv 58 (starter as Machop)
Shell Bel
Karate Chop/Revenge/Cross Chop/Strength

Squash lv 55 (Seafloor Cavern as Cyndaquil)
Charcoal
Flame Wheel/Ember/Overheat/Quick Attack

Plantain lv 56 (Mt. Pyre)
Quick Claw
Poison Fang/Bite/Fly/Steel Wing

Watermelon lv 56 (Route 106 as Pupitar)
Blackglasses
Blizzard/Rock Slide/Rock Smash/Crunch

Cherry lv 55 (Route 111)
Mystic Water
Surf/Dive/Waterfall/Earthquake

Cantaloupe lv 56 (Fiery Path)
Twisted Spoon
Extremespeed/Psycho Boost/Psychic/Thunderbolt

https://imgur.com/a/qQnaeVl

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 4, 2021
i would like to sign in
Username:323k13L
trainer name:Rosa
Game:Pokemon Black 2
randomization:wild encounters,evolutions,static encounters,trainers pokemon,field items,movesets,full tm and hm compatibility,tm and move tutors moves,abilities,
nuzlocke rules:
-permadeath
-only first encounter each area
-must nickname all pokemon
-nuzlocke start when u get pokeballs from any NPC
-battle style must set mode
-no items in battle(items outside lf battle and held items are allowed)
-cant overlevel from each gym leadet highest level pokemon
-CherenLevel 13
-RoxieLevel 18
-BurghLevel 24
-ElesaLevel 30
-ClayLevel 33
-SkylaLevel 39
-DraydenLevel 48
-MarlonLevel 51
-Unova League/IrisLevel 59

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Username: Pluckles
Game: Platinum
Additional Rules: no legendaries in the team

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Finished with the Platinum run!

This one was a doozy, ended up with only four alive at the end. I did end up keep my starter (Flygon) and one of my first captures (Wailord) all the way to the end.

Xoxo lv 53
Confusion / Wring Out / Avalanche / Ice Punch

Twiwie lv 54
Discharge / Hydro Pump / Spark / Signal Beam

Big Gurlll lv 52
Surf / Water Pulse / Brine / Waterfall

Lush lv 53
Dig / Dragon Claw / Fly / Rock Smash

Years
Username:Pumpkaboo92 (In game it will be Roda)
Game: I'm going to do red, crystal, emerald and pearl.
Additional Rules:Dupes clause and shiny clause.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Username: Kyatra
Game: Black
Additional Rules: Evolution randomized, subtracted similar strength, randomized held and field items
- no legendaries
- cap level on gym leader's team and battle each gym the same amount as on their team
- Dupe and shiny clause

Back