• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Here is the script for the trainer, but idk if thats the problem since i can battle him if i approach him insted of him approaching me
Try removing the 'lock' and 'faceplayer' commands. I'm not 100% on this but I believe that scripts triggered via the whole "view radius" mechanism must be different than regular people scripts. A script that works fine on a normal person may not work at all from a "trainer trigger" event. I've taken a look at some scripts assigned to regular trainers and all of them start with a 'trainerbattle' command. I think that removing the 'lock' and 'faceplayer' commands should fix the problem.

i'm looking for all tool to edit pokemon crystal
You're looking in the wrong place. This is a ROM Hacking forum.

As for Special and Physical changing, I have no idea. That is probably just some Hex data somewhere, no ASM needed most chances. But, who knows, it could. As for adding new types without replacing old ones, that would require ASM.
I believe that ASM is necessary for the Special/Physical split. I haven't looked into the issue very far but I've found a few routines that seem to dictate which types are special and which are physical so I'm fairly certain that ASM hacking will be necessary.

Two questions

1. How do I change attack animation graphics?

2. How do I change what an item does? For example, can I make an item that changes the weather when you use it?
1. You can find a good deal of them searching through the results brought up by a unLZ search.

2. ASM if your friend, here. :)

Cryomancer

blocks your path.
Years
Anyone ever managed to get different ARTWORK for shinies to work?

ie, normal pokemon has it's front and back on a palette, shiny has it's front and back on another palette, and it's front and back are different sprites. I'd like to be able to have the option of my shinies having artwork changes from the normal, not just palette changes.

similarly, how about different palettes for all the unown forms, possible?

Years
Anyone ever managed to get different ARTWORK for shinies to work?

ie, normal pokemon has it's front and back on a palette, shiny has it's front and back on another palette, and it's front and back are different sprites. I'd like to be able to have the option of my shinies having artwork changes from the normal, not just palette changes.

similarly, how about different palettes for all the unown forms, possible?

GB only pallete changes
GBA only pallete changes
DS not sure

However using Deoxys (Fire red, Leaf green, and Emerald only) and Castform
they can change forms on certin conditions.

Years
quick question, ive inserted a map to an emerald rom and made a direct map connection that when i walk across and try going back it freezes. can anyone help?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Does anyone know how to decapitalize the word POKEMON in the start menu. I've been able to change everything else in the the start menu but I can't seem to find the right "POKEMON". As of right now I'm just combing through the game in Translhextion trying to find it but the nword appears so frequently that it's slowing down my hack considerably with me trying to find it by hand.

PS I've already tried to search and replace all but that doesnt seem to do anything at all. And if I wasn't too clear I'm using nothing more than a Fire Red Rom and Translhextion.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Does anyone know how to decapitalize the word POKEMON in the start menu. I've been able to change everything else in the the start menu but I can't seem to find the right "POKEMON". As of right now I'm just combing through the game in Translhextion trying to find it but the nword appears so frequently that it's slowing down my hack considerably with me trying to find it by hand.

PS I've already tried to search and replace all but that doesnt seem to do anything at all. And if I wasn't too clear I'm using nothing more than a Fire Red Rom and Translhextion.
You can also try A-Text and replace all the words POK(accent e)MON in the hack.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
quick question, ive inserted a map to an emerald rom and made a direct map connection that when i walk across and try going back it freezes. can anyone help?

Did you do the connection for both maps? As in, connected the maps together on one map, and done exactly the same with another (EG, connecting A with B, you need to tell A it can connect with B, and B that it can connect with A)

Years
Did you do the connection for both maps? As in, connected the maps together on one map, and done exactly the same with another (EG, connecting A with B, you need to tell A it can connect with B, and B that it can connect with A)
Actually yes i did..., i'm wondering if i overloaded the ROM... hmmmmm....

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Actually yes i did..., i'm wondering if i overloaded the ROM... hmmmmm....

Did you have to put anything in the "offset" box when connecting the maps? Overloading the ROM because of connections has never happened before that has been known of. So must be pretty rare, as in only happened once ever.

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
I have a problem with a map of mine. I'm making one of those route links that links a town with a route. (Sort of like how Azalea Town links with Ilex Forest). Everything works fine until you try to enter the forest. Here is what happens:

Pokemon-FireRed_01.png

Pokemon-FireRed_02.png

Pokemon-FireRed_03.png

As you can see, it turns black. No music plays or anything. I made it link to Saffron City instead of my forest just to see what would happen and it worked fine. What is wrong with it?

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2011
I have new battle background and I want import that:
attachment.php

everything is good in game but pallete isn't...How to change correctly I have two offsets but how change correctly?!

If you help I will credit you....:P

Attachments

• finished1forest.png
    finished1forest.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 109

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
I've been inserting new Pokémon into my hack recently and there's one thing I don't know how to edit.

Here is a picture so I can explain in better detail.

pokemongreydex3.png

At the top of the image it says 'Mountain Pokémon'.
This is because in FireRed the Pokédex can be viewed depending on areas.
I was wondering how to change what Pokémon appear in different areas of the Pokédex whether by tool or hex?
It says 'Mountain' because I replaced Machop...

Please do not suggest using A-text as changing the text would change it for all 'Mountain Pokémon'

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2010
Pokepic

When i use the pokepic command #raw 0x75 0x115 0x00 0x0A 0x03 It doesnt show a picture of the right pokemon, it seems to only work with pokemon hex values under 3 digits, what am i doing wrong?

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
When i use the pokepic command #raw 0x75 0x115 0x00 0x0A 0x03 It doesnt show a picture of the right pokemon, it seems to only work with pokemon hex values under 3 digits, what am i doing wrong?

I don't know exactly what game your using or whether your using XSE but the showpokepic command is this:

'showpokepic 0xP 0xX 0xY'

P = Pokémon hex value.
X = X coordinate.
Y = Y coordinate.

And all you need to do to hide the pic is use this command:

'hidepokepic'

Now if you're using a Ruby Rom the pallete will be messed up unless you do this first.

'showpokepic 0x1 0x0 0x0
hidepokepic
showpokepic 0xP 0xX 0xY'

Hope that helped you out.

konman719

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
Try removing the 'lock' and 'faceplayer' commands. I'm not 100% on this but I believe that scripts triggered via the whole "view radius" mechanism must be different than regular people scripts. A script that works fine on a normal person may not work at all from a "trainer trigger" event. I've taken a look at some scripts assigned to regular trainers and all of them start with a 'trainerbattle' command. I think that removing the 'lock' and 'faceplayer' commands should fix the problem.

OMG Thank you SOO much!!! I have been trying to figure that out for weeks and now i can finally finish the game that im making!!!!
progress.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back