• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Emerald

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 17, 2023
Hey I beat the elite four haven't played for a couple years what is there now to do

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
Years
Emerald post-game includes;
Catching Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza.
Catching one of the Eon Pokemon (Latias or Latios)
Heading back to Meteor Falls to take on Steven.
Heading to the house next to Fallarbor Town where the Fossil Manic has finished digging through.
And of course you can head to the Battle Frontier which adds hours of play time.

I might have forgotten something but I can't remember everything

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
How do you catch latias or latios
one of them will be roaming around Hoenn, like the legendary beasts of Gen 2

so it's a big fucking pain in the ass really

the other one will be available for capture as a regular stationary legendary on Southern Island, but idk if it's really all that possible to get the Eon Ticket needed to access that area anymore

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 17, 2023
Ya I have no idea how to get that ticket or that myster ticket

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
You can't get the Eon Ticket anymore for Emerald. It was only handed out by special promotion, so people could get it by going to some event or buying a particular issue of Nintendo Power. Even for those people who got it, the only way to share the limited amount of tickets is by mixing records, which requires local people who have the game, and a GBA, and the link cables.

So when it comes time to pick which legendary roams Hoenn, pick carefully which one you want to catch. As for the other Lati, you're out of luck.

Ragnorokgirl89

Part-Time Villain
Years
Try shiny hunting! The RNG is kind of broken in Emerald, so soft resetting isn't really a good option, but random encounters and breeding still work as far as I know. If there's a scripted encounter with a Pokémon you just have to have shiny, there are ways to do it, but it's really tricky. Filling the Pokédex is also a fun option, and even the National 'dex if you have another Gameboy, Fire Red and Leaf Green, and a link cable.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
So I don't sound like a broken record, I won't repeat what everyone else has said, but I always like to fill the pokédex because when you go pick up your national dex you get a Johto starter.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
Years
So I don't sound like a broken record, I won't repeat what everyone else has said, but I always like to fill the pokédex because when you go pick up your national dex you get a Johto starter.

You can certainly do this, but you will require a friend or another GBA plus Ruby and Sapphire to trade in the unobtainable Pokemon to fill the Hoenn Dex and receive the starter.

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
You can certainly do this, but you will require a friend or another GBA plus Ruby and Sapphire to trade in the unobtainable Pokemon to fill the Hoenn Dex and receive the starter.

Alternatively, you can simply download a patch called Emerald - Complete Hoenn Dex Edition, one I frequently use myself. It doesn't change anything in the regular gameplay, just allows the normally unobtainable pokemon to be either caught in the wild or evolve by other means.

As an example, Surskit will be a rare encounter in Route 102 Grass, and Kadabra or Machoke evolve by Happiness. Feebas is much easier to fish for, too.

Back