• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Tutorial] XV Launcher

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Thanks for the great guide! Worked perfectly for me.

As an aside, you also need to change some settings in the XVlauncher in resources.resx
"Test.exe" needs to become "Game.exe" otherwise it won't run your game and the directory for savegames should be edited to be the one your project uses for example.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks for this again, and thanks again for the help yesterday!

Im gonna try to do some test to know how to update more easily...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 4, 2023
Sorry, I don't understand where the folder containing the game should be put, I just place the entire pokemon essentials folder inside the launcher folder? To then upload everything to gitlab via desktop github?

NoNoNever

Creator from Pokemon Illuison, Pokemon Arcadia, Po
Years
Sorry, I don't understand where the folder containing the game should be put, I just place the entire pokemon essentials folder inside the launcher folder? To then upload everything to gitlab via desktop github?

in documents/github

Attachments

• Screenshot (52).png
    Screenshot (52).png
    47.4 KB · Views: 9
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 4, 2023
OK, but that folder contains all the launcher template and the full game folder right? Sorry I look stupid hahaha

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 4, 2023
How can I then make the game communicate with the launcher? More than anything else do I have to make the game a new repository always on github/gitlab right? Could you somehow show me the complete procedure well?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 4, 2023
Yes, I followed it, I created the launcher, even if the download button does not come out, on the contrary it tells me network error (do you know why?) But to insert the game inside the launcher there is no indication

NoNoNever

Creator from Pokemon Illuison, Pokemon Arcadia, Po
Years
open XVLauncher in Visual studio
press ctrl + shift + f and search for projectid
change the id number in value with the project id from gitlab

Back