• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen My quest for a shiny starter (Fennekin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
My god, i new the quest for shiney's could get a little crazy, but to reset the game over 2500 times!? You might be stepping into the insanity section.
I did over 18,000 for one shiny once, lol.
3333 :P Nothing yet. No one else made any progress?
I have, but just not much xD I'm coming up to 500 but once I reach 500 I'm going to be live filming all of my soft resets, so progress will be even slower. I'd love a live shiny fennekin though...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013

Eh. This is taking a long time. I've come this far, may aswell continue.

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
I suggest you try in the friend safari, its much easier in my opinion. I was obsessed with getting a shiny Charmeleon, so I went to the friend safari at 10pm and at 2am I finally found a shiny but it was a growlithe. I tried again and at 4am I found another shiny...but it was yet another shiny growlithe. Frustrated, but I did not give up. By 5amish I finally found the shiny charmeleon. Later that week I found a shiny Braixen in that same safari. So I suggest you try there for it

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
I suggest you try in the friend safari, its much easier in my opinion. I was obsessed with getting a shiny Charmeleon, so I went to the friend safari at 10pm and at 2am I finally found a shiny but it was a growlithe. I tried again and at 4am I found another shiny...but it was yet another shiny growlithe. Frustrated, but I did not give up. By 5amish I finally found the shiny charmeleon. Later that week I found a shiny Braixen in that same safari. So I suggest you try there for it

You do realise im right at the beginning of the game, still choosing fennekin right?

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I'm still following this thread. Keep the updates coming.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
4250. Eh, feels like this is never going to happen.

Well tell me, do you have X or Y? Do you need anything when you actually start playing? I can breed you stuff if you need for your team. I can only trade every other weekend and next weekend is the soonest but I can help where you need it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
Well tell me, do you have X or Y? Do you need anything when you actually start playing? I can breed you stuff if you need for your team. I can only trade every other weekend and next weekend is the soonest but I can help where you need it.

I don't think i do. I just usually have a tradition of starting off with a shiny, then playing as normal :P

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
So you don't want a Froakie hatch or Goomy or anything interesting? What about a Ralts hatch with the Egg Move Mean Look.

I've been breeding them as catcher Pokemon. Should have the moves Magical Leaf, Hypnosis, Mean Look, Thunder Wave. You use the males to evolve into Gallade, once it's a Gallade you replace Magical Leaf with False Swipe and it's great.

Obviously False Swipe to bring Pokemon to 1 HP. Hypnosis to put them to Sleep. Mean Look to prevent escape. Thunder Wave on the off chance something is immune to Sleep/Hypnosis.

It may be helpful, especially if you run into early Shinies in the wild.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
4500. Slowing down.. getting bored.. dammit.

gotta keep the momentum going.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Not to make it any worse, but the worst feeling is knowing you've come so far (but you really haven't number-wise) and that you may not be playing for awhile.

It does get better though. I spent about a week running around in the grass for shiny Pumpkaboo, and man it's such a relief once you start playing again.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I admire your dedication guys. I thought I was having bad luck with shinies this generation but 4500 soft resets definitely wins.

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
Years
Good luck to all of you trying this,
I admire your patience!

I've tried this once with mudkip in sapphire..
Gave up after around 350 sr's..

Well I hope you all find the shinies!

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
Keep strong i may not be doing this but masuda method is just as tedious and im only in the 40s.....

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
The SRs for starters this gen seems to take forever and it's extremely tedious with the nickname junk. I only did a couple hundred trying to get a good nature and it wore me out. I can't imagine doing over 5k.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
The SRs for starters this gen seems to take forever and it's extremely tedious with the nickname junk. I only did a couple hundred trying to get a good nature and it wore me out. I can't imagine doing over 5k.

Ive watched the entire series of Friends again to help with the monotony, i was expecting it to be done by now.

Really though i cant give up now can i bros?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back