• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[FR] Expanding the Pokedex

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Whoops, off-by-one error. I didn't actually count the number of slots (I just subtracted the number of mons in Gen III from the number of mons in Gen II) so I'm not sure how I made that mistake - possibly I accidentally typed 385 into the calculator instead of 386.

Does Unown have a cry? I seem to recall that after Chimecho is the egg slot, followed by twenty-seven slots actually used for Unown.

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
Years
Whoops, off-by-one error. I didn't actually count the number of slots (I just subtracted the number of mons in Gen III from the number of mons in Gen II) so I'm not sure how I made that mistake - possibly I accidentally typed 385 into the calculator instead of 386.

Does Unown have a cry? I seem to recall that after Chimecho is the egg slot, followed by twenty-seven slots actually used for Unown.

i just checked and yes, all the unown have the correct cry, so that's not an issue

Years
Done it:
Spoiler:

After 11 tries ... :D

Years
I do know this is NOT the place for it, but the thread I saw this was long closed...
About this:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79817&highlight=Pokédex
I can't "Batch Compile" it via XSE ("Too less parameters on line 9. The correct number is 2." XSE says about the compile error.) and don't know how to implement the National Dex early in the game. Can someone help me, or point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance, and sorry for using the wrong thread if it bothered too much.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
I hate to ask, but has anyone figured out this cry table stuff? It's the one part of the tutorial where specifics aren't given (Offset of the table(s) and size(s)). I've done the best I can with the resources I have, but I can't figure it out.

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
Now I don't know if I literally have to add more bytes to the end of the table for expanding the Pokemon Name Table (step 2). Because you didn't really explain how to expand it. Please help :3

Btw, I was able to decode the bytes for the Name table (although I know others have probably already did).

Basically,
A = BB
while
Z = D4
and then everything else should just fall in order
It was pretty easy, I just kinda had to look at the first few pokemon names. But there it is to save others time.

FF is there to indicate the end of the name if the name hasn't taken up all 11 characters/bytes. For example Ivysaur would be
C3 D0 D3 CD BB CF CC FF 00 00 00
The first 7 bytes correspond to the 7 letters of Ivysaur. Then FF comes right after indicating that is the end of the name. Then you have 00 to fill up the rest of the 11 bytes.

I am just basing this off of what I see so I can not be certain, but to me it seems like a logical guess.

Another thing, there are 10 bytes before Bulbasaur's name all saying AC. I don't think that should be changed. But from what I can tell, AC = ? because there it also appears in the gap between Treecko and Celebi.

On that note, AE = - because Ho-oh, the one right before Celebi uses AE. I hope this helped and I sure hope that someone can come help me with my problem above ^

AC FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 would then appear as "?"

I hope this isn't necroing because last post was only less than a week ago xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 14, 2022
Good morning, whether agradesco who made beyond this tutorial, but for newbies like me better bendria us esque patch if we can provide the facility will be obliged a lot of thanks and sorry for the English

esto es en CASTELLANO
Buenos dias , en si agradesco a quien alla realizado este tutorial, pero para los novatos como yo nos bendria mejor un parche si esque se nos puede brindar la facilidad se los agredeceria un monton, gracias y perdonen por el ingles

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
Now I don't know if I literally have to add more bytes to the end of the table for expanding the Pokemon Name Table (step 2). Because you didn't really explain how to expand it. Please help :3

Btw, I was able to decode the bytes for the Name table (although I know others have probably already did).

Basically,
A = BB
while
Z = D4
and then everything else should just fall in order
It was pretty easy, I just kinda had to look at the first few pokemon names. But there it is to save others time.

FF is there to indicate the end of the name if the name hasn't taken up all 11 characters/bytes. For example Ivysaur would be
C3 D0 D3 CD BB CF CC FF 00 00 00
The first 7 bytes correspond to the 7 letters of Ivysaur. Then FF comes right after indicating that is the end of the name. Then you have 00 to fill up the rest of the 11 bytes.

I am just basing this off of what I see so I can not be certain, but to me it seems like a logical guess.

Another thing, there are 10 bytes before Bulbasaur's name all saying AC. I don't think that should be changed. But from what I can tell, AC = ? because there it also appears in the gap between Treecko and Celebi.

On that note, AE = - because Ho-oh, the one right before Celebi uses AE. I hope this helped and I sure hope that someone can come help me with my problem above ^

AC FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 would then appear as "?"

I hope this isn't necroing because last post was only less than a week ago xD
If you really wantto expand your hack just use G3HS.. It has that feature.. saves you the time and stuff

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 14, 2022
few are limits of the extension of pokemon?
Few pokemon can be extended?

en castellano
cuantos es limite de la extencion de pokemon ?
Cuantos pokemon se puede extender?

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
I expanded the number of pokémon to a higher number than the number of dex entries using GH3S. This is because I want some Pokémon to have forms, and I don't want the extra forms to have seperate dex enties. An ASM-routine will change their index numbers. So, how do I map multiple pokemon to a single dex entry? So if I catch a pokemon in any form whatsoever, it will always show up in the dex under the same number. I am using daniilS' form method.

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
Years
I expanded the number of pokémon to a higher number than the number of dex entries using GH3S. This is because I want some Pokémon to have forms, and I don't want the extra forms to have seperate dex enties. An ASM-routine will change their index numbers. So, how do I map multiple pokemon to a single dex entry? So if I catch a pokemon in any form whatsoever, it will always show up in the dex under the same number. I am using daniilS' form method.

use pokemon game editor and and change the dex number of the forms :)

Years
Just after the first like 5 byte changes, when he says to test, my Pokedex does start up. The only thing is that it shows every Pokemon as being caught already. I'm near positive I made all of the byte changes right. I chose 0x720000 and 0x721000 as my CAUGHT and SEEN offsets. I tried putting them in with and without +1 with no change in the result. Yes, I flipped them to '00 00 72' and '00 10 72'.

Thanks with any help ahead of time.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Just after the first like 5 byte changes, when he says to test, my Pokedex does start up. The only thing is that it shows every Pokemon as being caught already. I'm near positive I made all of the byte changes right. I chose 0x720000 and 0x721000 as my CAUGHT and SEEN offsets. I tried putting them in with and without +1 with no change in the result. Yes, I flipped them to '00 00 72' and '00 10 72'.

Thanks with any help ahead of time.

1: It won't start working until you're completely finished
2: You need to restart your saves and save states during/after this

Years
1: It won't start working until you're completely finished
2: You need to restart your saves and save states during/after this

I should've explained more. Doesn't says that the Pokedex shouldn't start up at all, and mine does.

Don't worry, I'm not that unknowledgeable.

I realized that I changed the byte after my CAUGHT and SEEN pointers to 08 when it was originally 03. I changed it back and the national and regional dex show me that I've seen a large number of Pokemon that I had never seen.

Back