• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
mrmoonbeam when u open up G3HS yeah it will have a bunch of errors but then it will show u a recovery box the amount of pokemon u put is 1020 then for the moves is 511 then the types is 24 and the abilites is 156 and also for advance map there is a threa that will tell u how to add how much pokemon u want in advance map

and as for xerveltal yes there will be mega stones and gen 6 items as some of that has already been added thanks to MRDS rombase

and also i finshed sinnoh cries i will be working on unova and kalos cries now

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
mrmoonbeam when u open up G3HS yeah it will have a bunch of errors but then it will show u a recovery box the amount of pokemon u put is 1020 then for the moves is 511 then the types is 24 and the abilites is 156 and also for advance map there is a threa that will tell u how to add how much pokemon u want in advance map

and as for xerveltal yes there will be mega stones and gen 6 items as some of that has already been added thanks to MRDS rombase

- I managed to get it to work in PGE, but anything to do with Fairy type crashes the program. Also, cannot activate new evolution methods?
- The table to add those values doesn't even come up, it either just goes to default or closes.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
for anyone having A-MAP issues open A-MAP in a hex editor and go to offset D027C and change 9C 01 to the number of pokemon u want in hex

and also mrmoonbeam can u clarify what u mean im in PGE right now and im not having any of the issues u say youre having

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
for anyone having A-MAP issues open A-MAP in a hex editor and go to offset D027C and change 9C 01 to the number of pokemon u want in hex

and also mrmoonbeam can u clarify what u mean im in PGE right now and im not having any of the issues u say youre having

some issue with the fairy type as only occurs when viewing Clefairy, or Mr. Mime etc etc. I'm only making the most basic of hacks right now so no idea how to open a whole program in a hex editor. appreciate any help. nice base regardless mate.

ea2Yylm.png

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
im not having that problem maybe its your ini here im going to paste u mine and copy and paste it over yours

Spoiler:

Years
some issue with the fairy type as only occurs when viewing Clefairy, or Mr. Mime etc etc. I'm only making the most basic of hacks right now so no idea how to open a whole program in a hex editor. appreciate any help. nice base regardless mate.

ea2Yylm.png

Maybe you're using an old version of PGE. It doesn't support added types, so just download the newest version.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
One way to ensure there are no bugs with pge ini is that you have to completely remove any other rom's data ini(you should make a back up of any previous ini you're using) and only keep this rom's ini data. Also name the ini file 'roms'.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Thanks Pokefreak and Ollie11 it was the version of PGE i was using. Works a treat now! Just for A-Map but I'll work that out, thanks!

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Think I will wait for a Beta that includes proper evolutions and relevant items, Dusk Stone, Razor Fang etc. All the best with this if you're not planning to do that.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
UPDATE 4/22/16 finshed cries for two regions got one more region to go and also does anyone have volcanion cry.wav file because i dont have that one and thats the only one im missing

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Don't worry I'm including the items from gen 4-6 I'm trying to make this base as close to X&Y as possible

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 25, 2022

Thanks bro. Im looking forward to the final version of this. Great work.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
UPDATE 4/23/16

i finally finshed all the cries haha :) anyway the question is do u guys want this to be the second beta or should i add more to it before making it as the second beta

either way im going to add more stuff to this base so this is all your prefrence

goranthegreat

i finally finshed all the cries haha :) anyway the question is do u guys want this to be the second beta or should i add more to it before making it as the second beta

either way im going to add more stuff to this base so this is all your prefrence

Yep release it as beta 2 please!

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
sadly still at the same place i need help with that i did what Ollie told me to do and im still having no luck i seem to not know how to do it so if someone wants to volunteer to help me out with that

and also i have added these moves in so far
Judgment
Roar Of Time
Spacial Rend
ShadowForce
Fusion Bolt
Fusion Flare

all the moves work but im having a problem with shadowforce its not a bug but when i use this move he dives then when the opponet uses a move it comes back up and takes damage and then after that the move does damage i want it to be the same as fly/dive but it dosent do that

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Beta 2 only has cries at the moment I can't seem to move the offset from 800000 to a different one for the mega evolutions unless someone can teach me how and also cries took like 4 days to do although felt like an eternity because of all the times I failed getting it to work

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 25, 2022
Beta 2 only has cries at the moment I can't seem to move the offset from 800000 to a different one for the mega evolutions unless someone can teach me how and also cries took like 4 days to do although felt like an eternity because of all the times I failed getting it to work

i think someone has already done this before. i remember reading it on a thread. i'll try to find it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 25, 2022

Dude i found it. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=348182&page=4

If you want to insert it to another location,
In linker.lsc:
Code:
rom : ORIGIN = 0x08800000, LENGTH = 32M
to
Code:
rom : ORIGIN = 0x08A00000(offset that you want), LENGTH = 32M

Back