• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What next?

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Probably the next CoroCoro. Unless the next CoroCoro is just "hey, these games were announced, stay tuned to the next issue for more information!".

Years
I am probably expecting the next CoroCoro to share our first piece of official information, presumably expecting the starters, mascot legendaries and maybe the protagonist designs as well.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
As long as we get a taste of the new pokemon, I'll be happy, even if it's just a silhouette of the starters. I'm also guessing they'll give a bit of a hint as to the region, whether it's a name or just some information on what culture it's based on.

pkmin3033

I expect the primary source of information will be CoroCoro until E3...considering this is going to be a late 2016 release, Nintendo need to stagger information across at least six months, so I can't see any huge releases coming for at least another two months. Monthly Pokemon Directs for those of us who don't have access to CoroCoro would be lovely, but the chances of that happening are pretty slim, I think.

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Well the games won't be released until presumable December of this year (assuming that's what "holidays 2016" refers to), so they have to keep interest in the games for ten months... They'll probably wait a bit before slowly introducing small bits of information as we get closer to the release.

Years
As Meloetta said, it's mainly CoroCoro that will be dropping info, and likely expect more to be showcased at E3 as well. Probably a few new Pokemon might be shared at E3, since I know that was what happened with XY, revealing not just Fairy-type but some new 6th Gen Pokemon as well.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
I think we'll get something at the very least in next coro-coro. It's probably just some screenshots without the next reveal. May Issue will probably when the news will start popping out.

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
Probably in April there'll be information about Volcanion/Magiana's new forms.

The next info about S/M will be in May/June E3

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
We should get something within the next two weeks, or at least I hope it's more than a name reveal from corocoro...
Actually we should expect leaks by the end of next week as Sunday falls on the 13th and we usually get leaks around that time or earlier.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well the games won't be released until presumable December of this year (assuming that's what "holidays 2016" refers to), so they have to keep interest in the games for ten months... They'll probably wait a bit before slowly introducing small bits of information as we get closer to the release.

Hi, just want to comment on a part of what you have said. Since the time presented is almost always based on Retail holiday, Holiday 2016 is a very broad spectrum that starts mid-late October (usually third week) to Early-Mid January (End of the first full week). So realistically these games have a projected release range of October 18th to December 27th (Keeping it within 2016). They'd make the most sales releasing 1 to 2 weeks early of Black Friday putting it around November 8th or November 15th, though they have been known to release the week of Black Friday so November 22nd.

Please note, these are all Tuesdays, which are typical video game release days, though Nintendo does not always have a typical release and have released on Fridays and Sundays before as well. So we have mid October to December.

Basic news release is usually through CoroCoro so around the 10th to the 15th of every month we'll have to see what we get. Next issue should have as much as the Game titles, with maybe a chance at a new Pokemon or screenshot previews, though the latter isn't a promised guarantee. Following that, we should start to see new Pokemon, characters or concepts that are new to Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon start to show up. May CoroCoro (the one released in April) holds the better chance for new info IMO.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Corocoro is a magazine then? I should check it out :D
Yeah, it's a magazine in Japan which talks about games, anime and manga news (maybe other things too). It's been a frequent source of Pokemon news. Around the 15th each month, and we often get leaks of it roughly a few days beforehand.

That said, we don't always get Pokemon info from it, and I wouldn't necessarily bank on getting it this month too. Still maybe up to 10 months left before the game comes out after all, so don't get too excited. We shall see though!

The Pokemon TV show they do in Japan each week (idk if it airs 52 weeks a year though) would be another potential source of news. Beyond that they can always share news on the official website and/or via video releases (see XY mega info for example), but there's no given schedule so you can't really prepare for those releases of information.

Years
I really hope we get something in two weeks from corocoro. It strikes me as odd they didn't reveal anything when they were willing to show off so much in the debut trailer for X/Y.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I really hope we get something in two weeks from corocoro. It strikes me as odd they didn't reveal anything when they were willing to show off so much in the debut trailer for X/Y.
On the other hand, it may have been the XY reveal that was odd. =p Go back a gen for instance; gen 5 was announced through a silhouette of Zoroark, likewise of the starters, and only after of the cover legendaries and the name of the games. There was no in-depth trailer for a while. We also knew of gen four via Lucario and other Pokemon well before Diamond and Pearl were announced.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't expect us to get much until May personally. Maybe some screenshots from CoroCoro, but May generally has been an open day for things in the past from what I can remember. It'll only be roughly five or so months away from the game then, so after then they can slowly pour out information. I do expect them to give us at least a little in the next month or so, in order for any of us not to lose interest (not that we will, but for it to remain at the forefront of our minds).

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I'm thinking we'll see some new Pokémon next, perhaps the starters, the mascot legendaries, and maybe some concept art of the playable characters too. Corocoro seems like it'll be the most likely source of information, but maybe we'll get a trailer or some gameplay footage at some later time too.

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
To sum up what I think is going to be in the 2016 CoroCoro, according to X/Y's 2013, most likely this:

March: nothing (title only)
April: Movie details
May: Legendaries/starters
June: New pokemon/Region Map
July: Proffessor/Main Characters/New pokemon
August: The new Mega evolution
September: New pokemon/new bad team
October: Starter's 2nd/ 3rd evolution
November: Last Corocoro, new pokemon

Back