• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Well, I don't see anyone complaining about the level changes
when I posted that post, so I guess it's fine.
When I released the translated Beta 2, I didn't tell
the players that I made the Gym Leaders tougher,
so a lot of them complained the hack being too hard.

However, since I have informed them earlier of this case,
and I see nobody complaining on the new changes,
I'm going with them.
I don't know if you are avoiding those posts but there were posts with complaints about what you are doing...
I really thought that you won't be doing this so I thought I could leave it in your hands... well I guess I was wrong...
I'll still help you of course since I'm translator as well but this really isn't something I approve...

DVK

Hack based-God
Years
I don't know if you are avoiding those posts but there were posts with complaints about what you are doing...
I really thought that you won't be doing this so I thought I could leave it in your hands... well I guess I was wrong...
I'll still help you of course since I'm translator as well but this really isn't something I approve...

i think that you guys should just translate the game and don't make too many changes to the actual gameplay, i mean you don't have to change it, as this hack is one of the most fun i've played(Even though my Espanol and Portuguese aren't all that good).... but please don't make the trainers any weaker...... that is all, im glad that you guys are translating it so i can actually get a full taste of the story.....

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2013
I've been searching around a bit, but I can't really find it. So if there is an English translation released, which it seems to be, can someone link it?

Years
By the way there's a guy on YouTube named Redpokegamer playing Pokemon Light Platinum, and he beat Kaohori and claims he finished it after that. Can you tell me how to get the S.S. Ticket so this guy can actually finish LP, seeing that no one has gone that far on a Light Platinum Let's Play and it would be interesting to see a finished one.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Habbedaz, bauer, Squaredancer: Try reading other posts before commenting. The English translation of the full version is not complete.

Years
Well, I think SP is doing a great job making some change. You all know when Japaneses version translated to English They change many thing.
Anyway I'm with SP. Good luck mate

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Well, I think SP is doing a great job making some changes. You all know when the Japanese version translated to English They changed many things.
When the Japanese version was translated into English they mainly localized the names and translated the text. They didn't change "many thing" as you so elegantly put it. They didn't change the music, trainer levels, available Pokemon, or any of that. What they did was translate, as they were supposed to, and localize the names to add familiarity among English-speaking players.

But as far as what Sarcastic Prince is doing: he claims to have permission to make all of these changes so I guess nobody but WesleyFG himself can stop him from doing so.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2013
Habbedaz, bauer, Squaredancer: Try reading other posts before commenting. The English translation of the full version is not complete.

I did read other posts. But when I read above posts I figured there might just be some beta versions out for try. That was what I was looking for. But thanks. I'll keep waiting :3

Probably best hack I ever played, btw. Besides Shiny Gold, but you can't compare to that... Funny thing is, after playing this game a couple of times I actually understood most of a Portuguese conversation x)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
By the way there's a guy on YouTube named Redpokegamer playing Pokemon Light Platinum, and he beat Kaohori and claims he finished it after that. Can you tell me how to get the S.S. Ticket so this guy can actually finish LP, seeing that no one has gone that far on a Light Platinum Let's Play and it would be interesting to see a finished one.
You get that one from Prof. Jasmine =)
After you finish league of course.

i think that you guys should just translate the game and don't make too many changes to the actual gameplay, i mean you don't have to change it, as this hack is one of the most fun i've played(Even though my Espanol and Portuguese aren't all that good).... but please don't make the trainers any weaker...... that is all, im glad that you guys are translating it so i can actually get a full taste of the story.....
You don't have to tell me that :D
I'm fully aware of that =)

Well, I think SP is doing a great job making some change. You all know when Japaneses version translated to English They change many thing.
As QM said and I'd add something "English versions are always worse than Japanese ones"
Only good this is the fact that you can understand the storyline if you can't read kana.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

I've read all of the posts. There are complaints, of course,
but most of them are mainly just opinions on how to
make the hack better. Some others tend to tell me
to stop making changes, though.
By the way, once you've finished editing the text in the level
scripts, send them back to me.

I'm not making a lot of changes in the gameplay.
I'm adding a few PKMN and changing some Trainer names
and town names.

How do I turn the language into english. Only the battles are english.

How? You can't. You can only wait for the English version.

I've been searching around a bit, but I can't really find it. So if there is an English translation released, which it seems to be, can someone link it?

I will link it if it's finished.

Actually, I kind of agree with QM here.
They didn't change a lot of things, really.
All they did was translate and change some Trainer and town names.

But as far as what Sarcastic Prince is doing: he claims to have permission to make all of these changes so I guess nobody but WesleyFG himself can stop him from doing so.

And do you possibly think that Wesley will not approve of what I'm doing?

No one is complaining because no one's played it. I would like to complain about changing protagonist names to something random some guy posted. I'm sure Wesley made the decisions he did for a reason. There's a line between fixing bugs and changing things how you, specifically, want them. It's not your place as what is effectively an editor to make drastic changes. I obviously don't know enough about the source material to judge if you're crossing that line, but it seems like you're at least toeing it. Be aware of it.

Reply on bolded part: Well, that's simply incorrect. Normally,
if people hate or dislike something, they will complain/make opinions.
By the way, do you honestly know what the original names for the protagonists are? They're Kevin and Shopia. These names are too random. And Shopia? What kind of name is THAT?! Darkerm came with pretty good names, and they're Akira and Nadiya.

Of course, if anyone else can come up with an even better set of names for the protagonists, you're free to post them. By the way, those names have to be custom.

By the way there's a guy on YouTube named Redpokegamer playing Pokemon Light Platinum, and he beat Kaohori and claims he finished it after that.

The champion name is Kahori. It's not Kaohori or Kaohri.

Last edited:
Years
To Ash493 and SarcasticPrince: You're completely missing the point. Read my post again.

A guy on YouTube named Redpokegamer is playing Pokemon Light Platinum. He finished after beating Kaohori. But the game continues after that. He says he couldn't get the S.S. Ticket. How do you get the S.S. Ticket if Prof. Jasmine doesn't give it to you the first time? Do you reset the battle with Kaohori or something? That's what I'm asking not what you think I'm asking. I even out it in bold for you to understand. I just want to know so I can tell him and so he can finish his Let's Play.

In fact here's his channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Redpokegamer#p/u/11/BmV7kCLnWA0

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
To Ash493 and SarcasticPrince: You're completely missing the point. Read my post again.

A guy on YouTube named Redpokegamer is playing Pokemon Light Platinum. He finished after beating Kaohori. But the game continues after that. He says he couldn't get the S.S. Ticket. How do you get the S.S. Ticket if Prof. Jasmine doesn't give it to you the first time? Do you reset the battle with Kaohori or something? That's what I'm asking not what you think I'm asking. I even out it in bold for you to understand. I just want to know so I can tell him and so he can finish his Let's Play.

In fact here's his channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Redpokegamer#p/u/11/BmV7kCLnWA0

I checked Prof. Jas Matthews' script. She gives you the SS Ticket if you beat Kahori. I guess the script is malfunctioning. If it does, I'll fix the script myself.

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012
Heyia mates.

I must say ,i've read a loads of nice stuff about this Hack,only thing is that i cant manage to run it :s

Im using gameboid, a emulator for android(Yes im using my smartphone,it has a 1.3ghz cpu so np,it can do loads of other games perfectly,besides ,my children dont understand computers very well yet to play it on VBA or NoGBA)
And when i try to start PKMLP 1.1 it just stays in a white screen and does nothing.

A few notices : Beta 2 works for me,beta 3 works until i press on "New Game" then the screen goes a few colors (Blue,then red,then purple then other colors) and finally turns black and does nothing...BUT the music continues on playing,wierd thing aint it.

So is there any fix or any way i can get to play this ?
My kids would really love to play this game.
If anyone has any solution,im awaiting ^^

EDIT : I noticed that if i create a savegame with Beta 2 ,and rename it the same name as the Beta 3...beta 3 loads the savegame but in a wierd map with loads of wierd objectos,so if anyone can give me a savegame of Beta 3 at the very beggining ,that'd be awesome!

EDIT 2 : Works now,nevermind,just did this :
You would need to do one or two things to get it working on GAMEBOID...

1) download GBAheader (google for it)
2) download Ruby 1.0 rom.
3) open GBAheader & select "Copy header"
4) First source: light platinum
5) Second source: Ruby 1.0 original
6) Click copy. That's all...

If that still doesn't work,
with that modified Light Platinum, open it with VBA and change save type to 128k and save game. Voila.

Fixed XD didn't read last part

Edit 3 : So Sarcastic,hows that translation coming by btw?^^

Thanks in advance,
Respect ^^

Last edited:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Yes, I prefer Kevin and Shopia to Akira and Nadiya. Both aesthetically and because it was what Wesley chose. This is not your judgment call to make. If you want to change this much about a hack, just make your own.

EDIT: Also, I imagine Shopia is a typo for Sophia.

Steeldude

Ace Trainer
Years
I am with Snakebyte. Original names, not some new invented ones ... Kevin and Sophia are pretty decent names, there is no reason not to use them.

I still do not understand why there are so many changes made, when there will be two versions available. The first one should just be the translation of the original game (with fixed bugs like music etc. -> I personally never finished the game, because at the 1st or 2nd Lauren GYM inside there was no GYM, but a bunch of islands and no way of returning back, so basically a dead end).
Just to point out, it is true that for example in GYMs 4 trainers out of 5 had completely same teams (both Pokémon and levels), which I found very ... boring, because fighting the same Pokémon teams in a row is not funny. So yeah, I would fix this, but I wouldn't change any levels, names of trainers or towns (just fix typos) etc.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the EN version and after playing it very carefully (in order to see if it's as enjoyable as the original) ... I hope I will not be very disappointed due to all the "positive" changes.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

I'd thought I'd made myself clear, Jasmine gives you S.S. Ticket, if not on the first try then he has to do league again.

I checked Prof. Jas Matthews' script. She gives you the SS Ticket if you beat Kahori. I guess the script is malfunctioning. If it does, I'll fix the script myself.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DON'T DO IT PLEASE!!
Okay now seriously... just don't do it, don't attempt to do it, you wouldn't be able to do it, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to, if someone is capable of doing it then it's Wes alone.

Years
Wesley used the more worse trainer editor P.E.T which is why SarcasticPrince is using A-Trainer to fix things. I would like it if A-Trainer was used since it edits more. Some trainers like Lauren's champion use a Lv. 60 Gardevoir instead of something else or the trainers in the route above Snowce using the Scraggy family have been fixed I believe. By the way like in Pokemon Platinum the Skiers and Boarders should use only Ice Pokemon to fit with their climate. Also either the Cranidos family needs to be part Ground typed or the 5th gym leader needs a new main since Ramparados is pure Rock type. Oh and some trainers use the same Pokemon because of a glitch in the trainer editors.

Back