• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Writing as a form of venting

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Have you ever used writing as a way to vent pent up emotions? Whether it be a bout of depression or a hardy bit of anger that leads you to writing out a murder mystery where you're the murderer trying to figure out who the detective is, have you ever used writing as a way to vent?

Melody

Banned
Years
Oh all the time. My blog is filled with emotion filled inspired writing. My friends can tell of Legendary rants. When I've a mind to, I can post up massive walls the likes of which even some members? known for that skill can't match.

Of course I've done that less and less as I've aged and settled out. But I can still deliver a giant mountain of my mind if I feel strongly enough.

Vragon

I can't accurately say it's a consistent method for me to vent, however I do know it is somewhat influenced by my mood. Along with that, it tends to change my mood ironically. A good example of this is writing emotional or sad scenes. While I do the dialogue or scene I see it play in my head like a movie. And sometimes I do tear up a little. Same goes for happy, raging, insane, dark, and wonder scenes. I guess writing is effective on my mood in an influencing sense.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Nope. I write to express my story concepts, not to vent. I'll just scream into a pillow if something gets me real angry, I guess.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I often use writing as a way to vent when I get stuck on a certain emotion such as depression, fear or anger. A lot of times when I write Gunpowder I use the anger I've been holding back to try and intensify my writing, doing to the characters what I secretly wish I could do to those around me. While other times I let out my fear and uncertainty of the unknown into short stories to try and comfort myself with my own words to varying degrees of success.

Bay

Years
Like Melody, I use blogging as a platform for written vents many times if I wanted to vent over something. In terms of written prose, not really as I like to keep fiction and my own frustrations separate.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 22, 2017
I get why someone would do this..i do it sometimes as well. Because sometimes i need to say stuff and vent out. Anyway, there is this website called blahtherapy. com that allows anyone to vent out or listen to other people vent and just so you know, it's not strictly hardcore therapy there and you can vent out stupid stuff too. So in case someone needs to vent out. I would recommend that you check it out.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 2, 2019
Yes, definitely, lol. That is why I try so hard in my writing -- so I can deliver precisely what I'm trying to convey or else it is not quite as cathartic, lol. :)

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Sometimes. I mean, I use a lot of my experiences and such in my stories as well. I usually try to use some of my emotions and such to make it a lot better. It's not always easy though because I have other things to do at the same time. @_____@

Fawful_X

Monster-hunting Red Mage
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 2, 2018
Well... this is a pretty unusual question for me, lol, due to my tendency towards online interactions meaning that technically, most of what I say is what I write. That said, however, in terms of actual storycraft, I attempt to avoid writing with too much emotion in mind since... honestly, I feel pretty mindless when I get emotional in hindsight, and I feel such mindlessness would easily tear apart (almost) any narrative I bring forth.

Back