• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: A Pokémon Direct is coming June 6

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Just yesterday I was saying to Kaori (former active PC user... currently... Zelda I believe?) are you sick??? When she's sick a new Pokemon game always comes out and she said she was, and I quote, "Boy I am a lil sick". It's a sign! Mainly asked because I was sick, but she's MAGIC.

I'm excited for anything other than DPPT remakes. Hoping for a Kanto remake on Pokemon Switch OR Legendary Pokemon being announced for Pokemon Go. C:

Last edited:

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
Yes I'm so excited, surely gonna follow it! I hope they'll announce a new Pok?mon game for the 3ds family, maybe a remake of D/P/PT.

Sirfetch’d

...or a Stadium like game for gen 7 8D

Years
If they make DP remakes I really hope they don't go straight on the switch. (My favorite games being on a device I can't have. ;-;)

I hope they announce new main series games or S/M 3rd version. A good spinoff could also be good.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Pokemon Direct

A new pokemon direct is scheduled to be released tomorrow. What do you want to see?

pkmin3033

I really hope it's for 3DS and not the Switch though...moving the core Pokemon games off the 3DS is effectively a death sentence for it, and that would be the most colossal dick move Nintendo could pull at this point. But given how little I enjoyed Sun/Moon - that is to say, I hated them - I'd rather an actual good Pokemon game be announced tomorrow, if it's all the same.

blue

gucci
Years
magikarp flip for the switch and i'm selling my switch. pretty certain whatever gets announced that it will be for the 3DS. i'm really hoping for diamond & pearl remakes, but i'd be happy w alola sequels/prequels too. 8)

Last edited:

Eresse

Gladion Trash
Years
Alola sequels? DPPt remakes? A re- imagining (not just a remake) of Kanto? I can't wait!

(Maybe GSC on the e-shop... I wouldn't complain about that.)

Years
I'm probably guessing a new 3DS game, but it does feel a bit late in the year to announce a main series title so I'm keeping it low this time around.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Alola sequels? DPPt remakes? A re- imagining (not just a remake) of Kanto? I can't wait!

(Maybe GSC on the e-shop... I wouldn't complain about that.)

Actually with the movie coming out soon your re-imagining idea might not be that far off...

Although omg yes @ GSC, didn't even think of that but somehow I don't think that would get a Direct :(

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
Please be Sinnoh remakes or a new core series title for the 3DS! Not interested in spin offs and I can't afford a Switch yet.

Years
I don't want to say it's a main-series game, or else that would have been announced already. Remember last year (and in 2014), it was in the month of May that they made announcements on main-series games to be released in November of both years. Now they could very well go away from that release path, but I honestly think it's a bit too soon to see another main series game release, even if it were to be either a sequel or remakes.

If it's a new spinoff game, I really don't see why it wouldn't be for the 3DS. The last thing they'd want to do right now is probably announce a release for the Switch, considering that the system is young with not too many titles out for it currently. More people have a 3DS as well, which could be a boosting point for sales of the game.

Years
Hey there, we understand the excitement about the Direct announcement, but we've already got a thread about it, so I'll merge this over there for you!

MERGED.

blue

gucci
Years
I don't want to say it's a main-series game, or else that would have been announced already. Remember last year (and in 2014), it was in the month of May that they made announcements on main-series games to be released in November of both years. Now they could very well go away from that release path, but I honestly think it's a bit too soon to see another main series game release, even if it were to be either a sequel or remakes.

If it's a new spinoff game, I really don't see why it wouldn't be for the 3DS. The last thing they'd want to do right now is probably announce a release for the Switch, considering that the system is young with not too many titles out for it currently. More people have a 3DS as well, which could be a boosting point for sales of the game.

Considering how both XY and Sun & Moon were announced through Pok?mon Directs, I'd say we've got a pretty good chance that it will be a main series game. It seems that these directs are dedicated for a reason and I really can't see them announcing a spin-off in such a way that generates so much hype and publicity. Idk, I could be wrong, but enough time has passed for a new game announcement considering how, like now, ORAS was announced exactly 7 months after the release of XY.

Years
Blue has a strong point in that this Direct could be for a main series title, since both X & Y and Sun & Moon were announced via Direct presentations.

Back