Firebolt

Age 23
Male
Land Down Under
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
811 posts
5.7 Years
Double reposti, but some more Final Fantasy XVI news; it appears that an email went out to SE subscribers, which confirmed that the game has a (provisional) PEGI 18 rating! This is not thaaaat much of a surprise considering the amount of gore in the trailer, but do you think this is a big change for the franchise? Is this a good thing or a bad thing for the series going forward?

One immediate argument I could think of is that the higher rating does pose as a boundary for newcomers as the series moves forward; the generations that would've grown up with fond FF7-like memories would become pretty much nonexistent, but maybe it's about time the franchise took that step forward to prevent it becoming stagnant and uninspiring?

Firebolt

Age 23
Male
Land Down Under
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
811 posts
5.7 Years
I came across the tag #FFXIVSelfie on Twitter a few days ago, and after a quick investigation I found out that people post selfies of themselves and their WoL on the 14th of every month as a tradition sort of thing.

Have any folks here participated in #FFXIVSelfie? Should we do our own one on PC?! Heck just sharing the latest and greatest adventures of our WoLs would be awesome.

Fafrir

Like a knife through butter!

Female
In the treasure trove
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,641 posts
6.8 Years
I have heard of it but I'm not sure if I'm overly comfortable with sharing my IRL picture out in the open (although I've did it in the past) but I can definitely show my WoL:
Spoiler: here be Mrs. Noblus, do bear in mind there are some location spoilers

I would be down with sharing our WoLs' adventures for sure! Some notable things are getting married in game and getting caught up in story.
| Moderator of Pokemon General and Art Studio
Pal: Dakota

Firebolt

Age 23
Male
Land Down Under
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
811 posts
5.7 Years
By far one of the more unique Au'ras I've seen, Mrs. Noblus be setting the standard high right off the bat! Thank you for sharing!!! 😁

Firebolt

Age 23
Male
Land Down Under
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
811 posts
5.7 Years
Been meaning to post this for a bit but wowee been so busy with work and stuff. I recently got this healer Body piece and holy I love it so much! The saddest part is that the dye doesn't work on the green felt-thingy; so close to getting an outfit look like a FFXIV version of Claude q.q

Spoiler:

Fafrir

Like a knife through butter!

Female
In the treasure trove
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,641 posts
6.8 Years
Ooh nice a Viera! She looks quite striking for sure! now they just need hats!

That's kind of my slight gripe with dying glams in this game that some pieces either turn out lighter or darker than the dye itself (i.e. the ghost maiming hands from Sirensong are still dark even with the Corpse Blue Dye applied). Oh well, I'm still proud of myself I got the full DRG set there.

I'm glad you love Mrs. Noblus btw! I have updated some of the glam so I'll have to post some!
| Moderator of Pokemon General and Art Studio
Pal: Dakota

Firebolt

Age 23
Male
Land Down Under
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
811 posts
5.7 Years
It's an absolute crime how many head pieces aren't compatible with Viera, or even just a few unique pieces specifically for them to close the gap (like imagine all the stuff you could do with the ears!).

Feel free to post whenever you like! FFXIV OCs are like packages of dopamine I can inject straight into my brain, so you'll have one fan on here at least.