• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 3] Pokemon AS Shiny Run

Years
  • Age 37
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Ugh, Teleport 😩 I've missed an Abra in Diamond many years ago thanks to that.

Your Poochyena/Mightyena learn Taunt eventually but not sure if you have them at a high level for that. Fingers crossed you get the next one quickly!

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Noooooo! I'm so sorry this happened to you. I also understand your disappointment, as I have myself lost a shiny Ralts due to Teleport.

Just curious, have you looked into whether any of the Mons you have can learn a move that blocks escape? You should probably have one handy, because Ralts is not the only Mon in this game that is hell to catch due to Teleport - there's also Abra.

Well I do have a way of combating with it! Once I had failed the shiny, I immediately caught a Ralts that knew Mean Look so the next one won't get away! But, I find it ironic that I failed a Ralts with teleport. Since the only Pokemon I have ever failed was Ralts, on two different occasions. The first time was a Ralts that struggled to death cause I thought it had teleport. And now this time I didn't think much about Teleport and it just used that to run away! So.....nonshiny Ralts at the front of the party so I can mean look it!

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Hey hey everyone! Coming with another shiny update, where we actually managed to catch a shiny Ralts! Not all the Ralts, but we got one of them! And the good news is it is a male Ralts! So if the other three we gain, if we gain them, are not male then we have one in the back pocket! Though I will say I am not too confident in finding the other 3 anytime soon. But, maybe Lady Luck has other plans for that. All I know is this Ralts didn't teleport on me and it is in the shiny collection! And honestly, with the Ralts I'm feeling more confident in completing this challenge. Which is weird to say as I am only on the third route of the entire game. Though again, I am on the third route of the entire game. This is a ton of progress and a ton of luck that has already gone into this. So, I only see more luck and more captures coming in the future! But, till then this is Poke signing out!

*Current*Targets*
kirlia.gif
gardevoir.gif
gallade.gif
surskit.gif

~Dex~
Spoiler:

Ralts
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
So....this is another quick little update and a friendly reminder to everyone that reads this. If you are shiny hunting for Ralts.......USE MEAN LOOK OR SOME MOVE THAT PREVENTS TELEPORT!!!!!!!!!! Why do I say this again and again? Cause I have failed another Ralts due to Teleport. Am I bummed out by it? Yes, yes I am. Am I going to let it get to me? Of course not, as it just gives me motivation to keep going. Sort of a thrill of the hunt, where if I fail one I can keep going and find it once again. Though I would like to stop failing Ralts, as if I hadn't failed any I would be extremely close to finishing the current route. But, eh, if this is how luck is going to be and how things are going to play out then I'll keep on going. Better to go with it and keep testing my luck than giving up and being like "This just teleported away, this is now the 3rd Ralts that I've failed in the game. And the 2nd I've failed on this challenge alone." Since, I still have the proud honor of saying I've only ever failed at shiny Ralts. But, this last Ralts I had a bit of an excuse, which is it was level 9 and I thought the secret move was Memento. But, it didn't use that so yeah....just gotta keep going and trucking along! Hopefully the next time I'll update, we manage to catch another Ralts, maybe all of the ones we need! Till then, I wish everyone luck with their own hunts or challenges that they are partaking in!

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
So quite a while since the last update. Did we gain anything since the last update? Yes we have! Just....a singular Ralts. Uh....yeah that's all we managed to get from the time from last post to this one. The main reasoning being, I've been distracted with other things and have maxed out the DexNav at 999 so don't know when 50 encounters have been done. As well as lazy to just pull out a calculator of some sorts. But, excuses aside, we have caught another shiny Ralts! And this one, I was expecting to fail! As it had the pleasant move combo of Memento and Teleport, but I'm assuming Ralts just love great balls as they have not broken out of those, yet every other ball I've thrown they felt insulted being in and just teleported away. Maybe because it feeds their ego knowing that there is a ball that has the same colors and sort of pattern as it? Who knows! But, this one Ralts I have now will most likely become a Gardevoir! Why? Because I said so.

*Current*Targets*
kirlia.gif
gallade.gif
surskit.gif

~Dex~
Spoiler:

Ralts
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
WE FINALLY GOT THE WHOLE FAMILY! Granted none of them have evolved yet, but we got all 4 Ralts! Honestly this was a journey just for these 4, but hey we are almost done with this route! Now all that is left is the Surskit, which I hope will not take as long as these Ralts or as long as the time I hunted Wooloo...or Rookidee....or Buneary....or just any pokemon that has come close to over odds or has gone over odds. Regardless we got the family! Two boys and two girls so not a bad split. Was expecting the one boy and three girls since the males are hard to find, but what do you know we got the even split. And the final two Ralts....they were found within 5 to 10 minutes within each other. So you know what I did? I thanked Lady Luck and did a college assignment as I mentally said if I get it back to back or get any today or get them both, I'll be doing a college assignment. Should anyone reasonably do that? Of course not, which for anyone in elementary, middle, high school, or college if you got any work you need to be doing, just read this and go do it. Lady Luck may reward you for your hard work and if she doesn't then maybe that luck was used for that test or quiz you never studied for and just happened to select the correct random answers. Which if that is the case, congrats! But, also study more often, talking from a hypocrite to a non-hypocrite here.

*Current*Targets*
surskit.gif

~Dex~
Spoiler:

Ralts
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
And after many months of on and off hunting, we managed to get our black Surskit! Honestly was surprised when I got it as I thought I would max out the dexnav for it. But, we came very close to doing so before it showed it's pretty sparkles! And this marks the end of one route and onto the next! Before we do that though, we get a short break as we accompany Wally to catch his own Ralts, which he could have just asked for a shiny one. But, a regular one is what he got so a regularly one is what he'll use. We then head to the next route and our two new targets are Taillow and Swellow! The two green peep birds, which might take a while to get, but who knows! Only thing I dread is when this finishes as we'll have a full plate of shinies to hunt in the Petalburg Woods. Though that is for another time!

*Current*Targets*
taillow.gif
swellow.gif

~Dex~
Spoiler:

Surskit
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Happy New Year everyone! Or at least a very belated New Year at this posting. Course I don't have much of an update on this challenge that I've put on myself. I just wanted to come and say that this year I will try and become more active within this as this has always been pushed to the side most the time. But, this year I put it onto myself that I will at least try to push towards beating the first gym. As small as that may seem, it is a better starting point and goal to get to. As that would entail the list of following shinies I have to gain. 2 Taillow, 2 Shroomish, 3 Slakoth, 2 Cascoon, and 2 Silcoon. So safe to say that even though the odds are a bit better in ORAS than the original games, my luck hasn't always been the best. Mainly looking at you Surskit and Wurmple and maybe every other bug type in this game. But, yeah 2023 we will try to beat Roxanne. And if we manage that then anything else we accomplish will be sweet side dishes. Though on a different topic, I sort of want that to be the same with just posting here a bit more and possibly doing more challenges. As I enjoy doing them, but always put them as a second priority over other things. So.....yeah Psychic Monotype run getting finished soon, maybe....Otherwise thanks for coming to this odd little plan/rant of what I am wanting to do. Other than that, have a good, great, amazing day!

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Well then we got more progress to this! We managed to get a shiny Taillow within 224 Dex Navs! Which I am very happy about and wasn't too sure if I was going to get a shiny anytime soon. Yet here we are! Now we just need to get Taillow number two to evolve into a Swellow eventually! But, so far looking good with getting the first gym done this year! Of course I am still staring at Petalburg Woods with some skepticism as my luck may drop around there. Or maybe it won't, but who can really tell right now! Not me that's for sure, all I can say now is I hope the second Taillow comes soon so I can tackle the woods and if I get stuck there then I get stuck there. If not then I will take that blessing and continue forward! Course in doing this challenge, I may or may not have started this challenge in Shining Pearl......so......new thread coming soon? Either way, end of log. Which I wish everyone a good, great, amazing day!

*Current*Targets*
swellow.gif

~Dex~
Spoiler:

Taillow
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
We got our second Taillow! And my reaction towards it at first was a bit lackluster when I saw it. As I heard the sparkles, but thought it was my Mightyena. Only to be staring at the green and orange feathers that adorn this little bird. What I am most happy about this hunt is I didn't have to go too far in, like the Surskit, Wurmple, or 4+ Ralts. As I would roughly say both Taillows took about 225 encounters within finding them. Though with this find, we have set our tracks towards Petalburg Woods! The meat of the place that holds us back from Roxanne. And so things might slow down a bit in the sense of game progress as a quick recap of what we have to obtain is as follows. 2 Cascoon, 2 Shroomish, 2 Silcoon, and 3 Slakoth. So....yeah....slow progress for shiny hunts, but shiny hunts that have very amazing shinies!

*Current*Targets*
silcoon.gif
beautifly.gif
cascoon.gif
dustox.gif
shroomish.gif
breloom.gif
slakoth.gif
vigoroth.gif
slaking.gif

~Dex~
Spoiler:

Taillow
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Petalburg Woods hunting has begun and all I can say right now is we are going for a Slakoth first! Course we have yet to find anything, but thought of doing an update on the team! That being which pokemon have somewhat recently been evolved or that I haven't posted yet. And I believe it is just a pair of pokemon! That being a Ralts to a Kirlia and Taillow into Swellow! Course the Kirlia is going to become a Gardevoir and I may box Swellow up. But, we made progress in an aspect of this challenge!

*Current*Targets*
silcoon.gif
beautifly.gif
cascoon.gif
dustox.gif
shroomish.gif
breloom.gif
slakoth.gif
vigoroth.gif
slaking.gif

~Dex~
Spoiler:

Swellow
Spoiler:

Kirlia
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Alrighty been a good couple of months since I lasted updated here! And it's mainly due to college, summer break relaxing and working on a stitchdex/cross stitching a bunch! But, I come bearing news! Over the past 4 days I was stuck in Florida for a very specific reason that will remain a mystery and decided to pick up this once again! And within those 4 days we got a target down! That being a Shroomish! The orange shrooms! The reject mario power up! The angry couch pillow! And I can sadly also announce that I missed the shiny sparkles as I had closed my eyes during that encounter and told myself it will shine when I'm not looking. And what do you know, IT SHINED WHEN I WASN'T LOOKING! So that was a kind of bittersweet feeling, but we have eliminated a hunt that needs to be done! Course I still need to find one more to evolve it into a Breloom, but we will get there when we get there! Aside from that the other thing I can report is having a male Ralts evolve to Kirlia. When I gain a Dawn Stone we will soon have the whole Ralts line completed! Other than that I have nothing else to report on so have a good, great, amazing day everyone!

*Current*Targets*
silcoon.gif
beautifly.gif
cascoon.gif
dustox.gif
breloom.gif
slakoth.gif
vigoroth.gif
slaking.gif

~Dex~
Spoiler:

Shroomish
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Another update! We acquired our second Shroomish after 2 DexNavs today! Which was a shock to say the least, but I will not complain! As we have shortened the list even more with this encounter! Which is now down to 2 Silcoon, 2 Cascoon, and 3 Slakoth! I am on the hunt for one of the Silcoons right now and may swap to a Slakoth once I obtain one of them! Plus I will be training Shroomish up against the Silcoons as they only have Harden. Which makes them the easiest Pokemon to fight against and gain levels. Though something to note, the picture below is how far I have trained the Shroomish as I forgot to take a picture immediately after I got it. But, the level it was obtained at was level 5 with the egg move Drain Punch!

*Current*Targets*
silcoon.gif
beautifly.gif
cascoon.gif
dustox.gif
slakoth.gif
vigoroth.gif
slaking.gif

~Dex~
Spoiler:

Shroomish
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
And a lookie here! We got two more entries to our shiny route quest! Shiny Silcoon and Shiny Breloom! And currently Breloom is on the team as it has Stun Spore so it will be vital to capturing some of the pokemon! And Silcoon was a relatively quick find and all that! But, there are no further updates and the hunt for the bugs and sloths will continue!
*Current*Targets*
beautifly.gif
cascoon.gif
dustox.gif
slakoth.gif
vigoroth.gif
slaking.gif

~Dex~
Spoiler:

Breloom
Spoiler:

Silcoon