• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Sacred Johto [V0.3]

Which Shiny Should Omega Pidgey get? (https://twitter.com/ArchyArcanine/status/1065566101885603840)

• Old Chocolate Oreo Shiny

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
c8VsKUf.png

Sacred Johto Wiki
Overview
Pokemon Sacred Johto is a fan game being made by myself and my small team with Essentials and some other resources. I've been working on mostly all the time since around May 2017.

Plot
You are the son of past champion Ethan in the Johto region, living in Newbark Town. After you're birthday, you head out as a professor's assistant to make a name for yourself and maybe figure out what happened to your dad, and what is happening to the region. A familiar world with a new look, gyms and pokemon. Will you have what it takes to step out the shadow of your father?

Demo Features (V0.3)
  • Gen 1-7
  • 150+ Custom forms
  • 11 New Pokemon
  • 2 Main Region Gyms, and 1 Side Region Gym
  • New look to old regions (Johto and Seveii rn)
  • TM HM reworked into TR TM, and other small changes
  • Increased Shiny Rates, Pokerus Rates
  • Custom shinies for older pokemon
  • Shadow Pokemon
  • Various new encounter methods and features

Demo Screenshots
mYKJpsg.png
7ZmsolA.png

D7QCOJZ.png
SjG0Hw9.png

w92OxqP.png
21dMQ5b.png

sRJV4sJ.png
kiT7yBf.png

49zW8af.png
MOExueP.png

Pzih2SH.png
mYCDc3L.png

Pokedex Spoilers
Spoiler:

Download Link
Current Version 0.3.9.2
ZIP: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlkvIVm8CX0uiZpk2XsjnUKAo2ZtnA?e=lkjad6

If needed i'll specific fixes when updating saves across versions.
Spoiler:

Credits
Spoiler:

Changelog
See update posts

[/SPOILER]

Contact
Most updates happen on my Twitter
Also head to our Discord

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen today
Demo 2 is out and upto gym 4 in johto, demo 3 will be out soon with 1 new johto gym and upto the first seveii gym. So atleast some playtime there!

Awesome! :) I'll give my thoughts on it once I get a decent way in. Johto is my favorite region so I for sure know I'll enjoy the game.

Years
Well, this definitely sounds ambitious, best of luck to you to keep this up all the way! Being a huge fan of the Marill line, Azurill will definitely be my starter, but as we now can choose to have baby Pokemon as starters, when would be the earliest a trainer could get the Soothe Bell? Even if we do not get it right away, I can just take my time and wait for it to evolve maybe some time prior to the first gym (if the gym leader is who I think it is, a certain move that Marill, but not Azurill, can learn will be VERY helpful).

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
Well, this definitely sounds ambitious, best of luck to you to keep this up all the way! Being a huge fan of the Marill line, Azurill will definitely be my starter, but as we now can choose to have baby Pokemon as starters, when would be the earliest a trainer could get the Soothe Bell? Even if we do not get it right away, I can just take my time and wait for it to evolve maybe some time prior to the first gym (if the gym leader is who I think it is, a certain move that Marill, but not Azurill, can learn will be VERY helpful).

Well not added the Soothe Bell but it would be best to have it early for those mons, and from my testing starting with azurill is a challenge (till it evolves) mainly as it cant last long xP

Years
from my testing starting with azurill is a challenge (till it evolves) mainly as it cant last long xP

I've played other games where Azurill can be obtained early (Blaze Black 2/Volt White 2), so I do see where you're coming from there, but the way I see things, I welcome any kind of challenge. The game as of this post has just finished being downloaded and extracted, so I'm about to start it up. Looking forward to seeing what's been made so far.

EDIT: Got this upon trying to run:

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: Errno::ENOENT
Compiler:4031:in `chdir'
Compiler:4031:in `pbImportNewMaps'
Compiler:4184

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I'm really happy to see a twist that's taking place in the johto region. So tired of all the remakes that have been around in the Pokemon essential and hack roms sphere.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
I'm really happy to see a twist that's taking place in the johto region. So tired of all the remakes that have been around in the Pokemon essential and hack roms sphere.

Thanks! and yea some do just seem to be remakes but each to their own, i cant comment on their quality or level of care when making them.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
I've played other games where Azurill can be obtained early (Blaze Black 2/Volt White 2), so I do see where you're coming from there, but the way I see things, I welcome any kind of challenge. The game as of this post has just finished being downloaded and extracted, so I'm about to start it up. Looking forward to seeing what's been made so far.

EDIT: Got this upon trying to run:

Pokemon Essentials
Exception: Errno::ENOENT
Compiler:4031:in `chdir'
Compiler:4031:in `pbImportNewMaps'
Compiler:4184

Is the patch file, which you also need right now downloaded and is the data file replaced? that might be it ^^

Years
Is the patch file, which you also need right now downloaded and is the data file replaced? that might be it ^^

The original download did not have a .rgssad file, but I got a .rgssad from the patch link, so I just placed it in the same folder as the game. There was nothing else in the patch besides the .rgssad file. I also had to do some renaming to get rid of the "failed to load script" error.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
Hmmm... Weird What was actually in the folder you extracted? last i checked it was all fine

Years
That was really weird...the entire folder wasn't being extracted, just five files. I'm manually copying and pasting into the folder now, and it seems to be working fine. I don't know why it wasn't being fully extracted.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
That was really weird...the entire folder wasn't being extracted, just five files. I'm manually copying and pasting into the folder now, and it seems to be working fine. I don't know why it wasn't being fully extracted.

Oh okay good ^^; luckily it was an easy fix

Years
Oh okay good ^^; luckily it was an easy fix

Got to the point where the game started, I saved and then took a step to see what the crash was about...seems like some variable isn't getting initialized like it should. Upon trying to relaunch the game after saving, though, I get this error:

Pokemon: Sacred Johto
Script 'Sprite_Resizer' line 20: TypeError occurred.

no implicit conversion from nil to integer

And I cannot continue the game from here. It seems this game does not support the XL size, which is sad for me as even L size is a little on the small side, but the game does launch properly with the L size enabled.

Back